|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen when the curse comes in Gemma's story?
(a) The trees will swallow the people who have sinned.
(b) There will be strong winds which will blow everyone away.
(c) The animals will turn on the humans.
(d) There will be a great mist and everyone will die.
2. Where did Becca go to college?
(a) Smith College.
(b) White College.
(c) Hansen College.
(d) Jones College.
3. During Gemma's wake, what is done to the mirrors in the house?
(a) They are painted black.
(b) They are stored away.
(c) They are smashed.
(d) They are covered.
4. According to Gemma, at what point will little Becca not want to hear her fairy tale story any longer?
(a) Once she stops believing in magic.
(b) Once she turns ten years old.
(c) Once she begins school.
(d) Once she becomes a teenager.
5. What does Becca find odd about Gemma's memento box in Chapter 8?
(a) Why the box had remained hidden when it is a very expensive antique.
(b) That the box has no mementos from the last few years.
(c) That it is so large yet filled with only a few small items.
(d) That none of the family had ever seen the box before.
6. What point does Becca specifically remember about Gemma's story in Chapter 6?
(a) That the curse would affect anyone that bore her name.
(b) That the curse will only affect women.
(c) That the curse would end during the harvest moon.
(d) That the curse is unbreakable.
7. Who is Howie?
(a) Becca's father.
(b) Sylvia's husband.
(c) Becca's boyfriend.
(d) Shana's husband.
8. Who is Eve?
(a) Becca's sister.
(b) Becca's best friend.
(c) Becca's aunt.
(d) Becca's mother.
9. Who is Arnie?
(a) A janitor at the Oswego newspaper.
(b) An editor at the Oswego newspaper.
(c) A reporter at the Oswego newspaper.
(d) An intern at the Oswego newspaper.
10. For what word does Gemma refuse to tell her granddaughters the definition of in Chapter 9?
11. Where does Becca fall asleep in Chapter 6?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) At her desk at work.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) In her car.
12. What do Becca's nieces and nephew ask for in Chapter 4?
(a) A bedtime story.
(c) A small box of trinkets belonging to Gemma.
13. In Gemma's fairy tale story, what color is the baby's hair?
14. What is the name Becca has given to her worn out car?
(d) Suzie Q.
15. What did Roosevelt create in 1944 in Oswego?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A war refugee shelter.
(c) A library honoring the soldiers fighting in WWII.
(d) A holiday honoring the survivors of the Holocaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becca think about Gemma's version of the Briar Rose story?
2. What information does Arnie provide Becca in Chapter 8?
3. In Gemma's story, at what age will the heroine be when the curse comes to pass?
4. At what point in her story does Gemma shudder in Chapter 3?
5. Why has Eve always thought that Gemma took the nickname of Dawna?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)