|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Becca's first article at her present job been about?
(a) The opening of a new school.
(b) A refugee's personal story.
(c) A traveling circus.
(d) A battered women's shelter.
2. How does Gemma begin her story in Chapter 2?
(a) "Once upon a time..."
(b) "Did I ever tell you the story..."
(c) "When I was a little girl..."
(d) "It was a dark and stormy night..."
3. What is on top of Gemma's box of mementos?
(a) A carving of Jesus on the cross.
(b) A smiley face.
(c) Gemma's signature.
(d) A carved rose and briar.
4. In Gemma's fairy tale story, what does the queen name the baby?
(c) Briar Rose.
5. What will happen when the curse comes in Gemma's story?
(a) There will be a great mist and everyone will die.
(b) The animals will turn on the humans.
(c) There will be strong winds which will blow everyone away.
(d) The trees will swallow the people who have sinned.
6. What is the name of the newspaper where Becca works?
(a) The Advocate.
(b) The Independent.
(c) The NY Herald.
(d) The Voice.
7. How does Gemma describe the bad fairy in Chapter 3?
(a) As the one in black.
(b) As the smallest one.
(c) As the one with the horns.
(d) As the one with the large green wart.
8. What does the building where Becca works overlook?
(a) A forest.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A highway.
(d) A parking lot.
9. What is Becca's career?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a social worker.
(d) She is a graphic designer.
10. What time does Stan plan to arrive at Becca's house in Chapter 9?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
11. Who is the youngest of Gemma's granddaughters?
12. In the traditional Briar Rose story, what does the prince do?
(a) He travels the country with a glass slipper.
(b) He saves the princess from her evil stepmother.
(c) He turns into a frog.
(d) He wakes everyone with his kiss with the princess.
13. How many granddaughters does Gemma have?
14. What last name does the family suggest of the owner of the ring in Chapter 4?
15. Where did Becca go to college?
(a) Jones College.
(b) White College.
(c) Smith College.
(d) Hansen College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stan?
2. At what point in her story does Gemma shudder in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Dr. Berlin?
4. What does the Polish word 'Ksiezniczka' mean in English?
5. According to a document found in the memento box, when did Gitl arrive in America?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)