|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Josef become favored with the group of thirteen he joins in Chapter 27?
(a) He was a source of entertainment because of his literary knowledge.
(b) He had access to supplies and funds.
(c) He knew a lot about German military equipment.
(d) He was a trained doctor.
2. Who is Josef?
(a) A historian who met Gemma once.
(b) An old friend of Gemma's who remained in contact with her until her death.
(c) A partisan in the war who will share what he knows with Becca.
(d) A man from Germany who fled the country before the war began.
3. What type of tree does the prince walk along in Chapter 21?
(a) Maple tree.
(b) Spruce tree.
(c) Willow tree.
4. Why does Becca seek out one of the clerks at the town hall in Chapter 9?
(a) He came to America as a refugee, much like Gemma did.
(b) He speaks Polish.
(c) He has worked at the town hall since WWII.
(d) He is a friend of the family.
5. Who is Linn?
(a) A refugee from Poland.
(b) A WWII artifact collector.
(c) Becca's college friend.
(d) Samantha's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had fallen to ruin prior to the war in Chelmo?
2. What does Becca find odd about Gemma's memento box in Chapter 8?
3. According to Becca's source in Chapter 12, who put the curse on Gemma?
4. What does Gemma do for Becca before continuing her story in Chapter 19?
5. At what point in her story does Gemma shudder in Chapter 3?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)