|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Becca seek out one of the clerks at the town hall in Chapter 9?
(a) He speaks Polish.
(b) He is a friend of the family.
(c) He has worked at the town hall since WWII.
(d) He came to America as a refugee, much like Gemma did.
2. What kind of building does Gemma mention during her story in Chapter 2?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A castle.
(c) A cottage.
(d) An old mill.
3. What is Becca's career?
(a) She is a social worker.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a writer.
(d) She is a graphic designer.
4. Who recognizes Gemma in a photograph in Chapter 12?
5. How does Gemma begin her story in Chapter 2?
(a) "Once upon a time..."
(b) "It was a dark and stormy night..."
(c) "Did I ever tell you the story..."
(d) "When I was a little girl..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumors about the refugee camp does Randolph comment on in Chapter 12?
2. How many granddaughters does Gemma have?
3. Where is Oswego?
4. What does Becca eat with Stan in Chapter 9?
5. What information does Arnie provide Becca in Chapter 8?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)