Chapters 1 through 5
• Shana and Sylvia beg their grandmother, Gemma, to tell them a story - youngest granddaughter Becca requests Sleeping Beauty.
• Gemma begins telling the story of Briar Rose, Sleeping Beauty - she says that the baby born to the King and Queen had a shock of red hair.
• Sylvia, Shana and Becca travel to the nursing home where Gemma now lives.
• Gemma spends a lot of time at the home visiting Gemma though he sisters do not.
• Gemma begins to tell the story of Briar Rose, fading in and out.
• Gemma tells Becca that she was the princess in the story, and makes Becca promise to find the castle, prince and "maker of spells".
• In her story, Gemma described the evil fairy as the one in black with big black boots and silver eagles on her hat.
• Gemma's funeral is held with a small service.
• No one...
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)