|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how many trips does it take Brian to get the butchered deer back to his camp?
2. What does Brian make a pattern on the animal skins with?
3. What bounces in Chapter 15?
4. Brian thinks he's following a wolf trail, but what is actually making the tracks are?
5. What does the man offer Brian to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the line that Brian sees and why he's so interested in it.
2. Describe the Cree family that Brian meets.
3. How does Brian spend his time during the storms of Chapter 11?
4. Why does Brian feel as if he has committed murder against the deer, but not the moose?
5. Describe what has make the gunshot noises in Chapter 13.
6. What problem does Brian experience using the new bow to shoot rabbits?
7. Why doesn't Brian immediately go find the source of the popping sounds once he realizes that it's too warm for trees to explode any longer?
8. Describe Brian's conflicting thoughts over the dead moose.
9. What does Brian do with all of his moose meat?
10. What pattern does the winter weather take in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the connection that Brian feels with the wolves. How does it change after he sees them hunt?
Essay Topic 2
Describe other literary devices in this book, including similes and metaphors.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Brian's Winter."
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)