|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bounces in Chapter 15?
2. Who is the man who greets Brian?
3. What was left of the moose when Brian walked by it a second time?
4. At what time in butchering the moose did "everything in him screamed to stop"?
5. What does Brian hear as he falls asleep after his feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, the author states, "and in a strange way it never really did stop raining." What is meant by this?
2. Describe the line that Brian sees and why he's so interested in it.
3. Describe the Cree family that Brian meets.
4. What pattern does the winter weather take in Chapter 12?
5. What's the status of Brian's clothing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. How does Brian turn such a big moose over to remove the hide from the other side?
7. Describe what has make the gunshot noises in Chapter 13.
8. How does Brian get the deer meat back to his camp?
9. Why doesn't Brian immediately go find the source of the popping sounds once he realizes that it's too warm for trees to explode any longer?
10. What problem does Brian experience using the new bow to shoot rabbits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the bond that Brian feels with nature.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of predator. What does Brian see himself as? If you're not the predator, what are you?
Essay Topic 3
What assets or skills does Brian have? Will these assets help him later in life? Explain your answer.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)