|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian finds an opening in the brush to shot through. Approximately what size is the opening?
2. Brian leaves his shelter for a "wall of cold." About how cold is it?
3. What item on the moose does Brian leave to take of the next day?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Brian discover on the lake?
5. How many paces is Brian away from the deer when he decides to shot it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian witness a pack of wolves do?
2. The morning after making his footwear, what does Brian see upon opening his door?
3. How does Brian feel about the wolves attack on the moose?
4. Describe what has make the gunshot noises in Chapter 13.
5. What does Brian discover at the end of the trail that he's following in Chapter 17?
6. Brian begins the task of butchering the moose by skinning it. Explain how he does this.
7. In Chapter 11, the author states, "and in a strange way it never really did stop raining." What is meant by this?
8. How does Brian spend his time during the storms of Chapter 11?
9. What pattern does the winter weather take in Chapter 12?
10. What problem does Brian experience using the new bow to shoot rabbits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe other literary devices in this book, including similes and metaphors.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how this book might be different if the main character were female?
Essay Topic 3
Write about what Brian learns from the animals in "Brian's Winter."
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)