|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being attacked by the moose, what part of Brian does he realize is hurting?
2. What item on the moose does Brian leave to take of the next day?
3. What weapon helps Brian with a plan to make snowshoes?
4. At the end of Chapter 16, how many exploding trees does Brian hear?
5. What does Brian fall asleep dreaming of in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian make his footwear?
2. What does Brian witness a pack of wolves do?
3. What problem does Brian experience using the new bow to shoot rabbits?
4. In Chapter 11, the author states, "and in a strange way it never really did stop raining." What is meant by this?
5. How does Brian spend his time during the storms of Chapter 11?
6. The morning after making his footwear, what does Brian see upon opening his door?
7. Brian sees a mouse in Chapter 8. What does he learn from the mouse?
8. How does Brian feel about the wolves attack on the moose?
9. Describe the line that Brian sees and why he's so interested in it.
10. Why does Brian feel as if he has committed murder against the deer, but not the moose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of territory. Is it only important in the wilderness or is it important elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of having an imaginary conversation with someone when you're stranded. Overall, would it be helpful or a sign that things are getting bad?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of predator. What does Brian see himself as? If you're not the predator, what are you?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)