|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feathers does Brian use for each arrow and at what length?
2. Why had a bear torn out a stump?
3. How long does it take arrow shafts to dry in the sun?
4. What has Brian made from the rabbit skins in Chapter 5?
5. What does Brian end up doing with the deer head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Brian make after practicing with the war bow?
2. After the rain finally stops, what activities keep Brian bush that first day?
3. What does Brian take with him and why when he goes looking for the wolves kill?
4. What items does Brian have from the emergency pack from the airplane?
5. Describe the noises that follow after Brian wakes in the middle of the night.
6. Even with the bounty of meant, Brian is bothered by the death of the dear. How does he apologize.
7. What is Brian's history with bears up until the point that he's attacked by one?
8. What does Brian do with the parts of a rabbit that he kills?
9. What does the second bear attack show Brian about his war bow?
10. What happens the first time Brian doesn't make a clean kill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characterization of Brian. Be sure to address physical, mental, and emotional characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the author puts the rescue and contact with another human in the epilogue instead of the main story. Does it seem rushed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe other literary devices in this book, including similes and metaphors.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)