|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes to Brian with a "softness"?
2. Who made the sound, "rowwrrrmph", and what led to it?
3. What does Brian look for when he first wakes up in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 4, what type of animal does Brian hear from that he hasn't heard from in two weeks?
5. In what direction was Brian fairly certain of finding rabbits?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Brian determine that weapons are all about and how does he respond?
2. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
3. How does Brian make arrowheads for his arrows?
4. Even with the bounty of meant, Brian is bothered by the death of the dear. How does he apologize.
5. What repairs does Brian make to his shelter in Chapter 7?
6. What happens with Brian's second encounter with the skunk.
7. Describe the autumn rainstorm that strikes Brian.
8. What does the bear do when Brian kicks at it?
9. What happens the first time Brian doesn't make a clean kill?
10. What changes does Brian see in the sky once he realizes that winter is coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assets or skills does Brian have? Will these assets help him later in life? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of predator. What does Brian see himself as? If you're not the predator, what are you?
Essay Topic 3
The author ends several chapters with an omniscient viewpoint that serves to warn the reader of what is to come. Why does he do this?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)