|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Brian plan to do first thing the next morning?
2. In Chapter 3, Brian notices that the leaves in the trees across the lake are turning mostly what color?
3. What does Brian practice on when he picks up his bow and arrows again?
4. What does Brian do to the wolves marking of territory?
5. What is the main portion of the deer that the wolves leave behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
2. What does the second bear attack show Brian about his war bow?
3. What does Brian take with him and why when he goes looking for the wolves kill?
4. Describe the autumn rainstorm that strikes Brian.
5. What changes does Brian see in the sky once he realizes that winter is coming?
6. How does Brian finish with the rabbit skins in Chapter 5?
7. What happens the first time Brian doesn't make a clean kill?
8. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
9. What decision does Brian make after practicing with the war bow?
10. What is Brian's history with bears up until the point that he's attacked by one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how this book might be different if the main character were female?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Brian's Winter."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of having an imaginary conversation with someone when you're stranded. Overall, would it be helpful or a sign that things are getting bad?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)