|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main portion of the deer that the wolves leave behind?
2. Where does the bear find food in Brian's camp?
3. When hunting was going well in Chapter 2, what was the most foolbirds Brian killed in a single day?
4. How does Brian learn to not startle game?
5. What does Brian end up doing with the deer head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the wolves taken from the deer they killed?
2. Describe the autumn rainstorm that strikes Brian.
3. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
4. What changes does Brian see in the sky once he realizes that winter is coming?
5. How does Brian make arrowheads for his arrows?
6. What decision does Brian make after practicing with the war bow?
7. What repairs does Brian make to his shelter in Chapter 7?
8. What happens with Brian's second encounter with the skunk.
9. Even with the bounty of meant, Brian is bothered by the death of the dear. How does he apologize.
10. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how this book might be different if the main character were female?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of having an imaginary conversation with someone when you're stranded. Overall, would it be helpful or a sign that things are getting bad?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery found in "Brian's Winter."
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)