|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian add to the last of the jellied meat in Chapter 6?
2. How does Brian learn to not startle game?
3. What shape does Brian cut most of the rabbits skins into?
4. Who is Brian's nighttime acquaintance?
5. What does Brian find when he goes out to re-mark his territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
2. Even with the bounty of meant, Brian is bothered by the death of the dear. How does he apologize.
3. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
4. Describe the area where the rabbits mainly lived?
5. What does Brian do with the parts of a rabbit that he kills?
6. Describe the noises that follow after Brian wakes in the middle of the night.
7. In Chapter 2, what is the primary rule of surviving?
8. How does Brian learn what is wrong with the gun?
9. What does Brian learn from the sounds of the different birds?
10. In Chapter 3, what does Brian determine that weapons are all about and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Brian is so happy with finding and eating roadkill.
Essay Topic 2
Describe other literary devices in this book, including similes and metaphors.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery found in "Brian's Winter."
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)