|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon helps Brian with a plan to make snowshoes?
2. What makes Brian's temples hurt in Chapter 8?
(a) The attack from the bear.
(b) The cold.
(c) The intensity of the sun on the snow.
(d) The smell of the skunk.
3. How far was Brian from camp when he killed the deer?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 1/2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. What does Brian make a pattern on the animal skins with?
(a) A pencil.
(b) The tip of his knife.
(c) A stick.
(d) Charcoal from the fire.
5. How does Brian spend his day after hearing the popping sounds in the distance?
(a) Making more clothing.
(b) Looking for the source of the popping.
(d) Cleaning and stocking his shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Brian to feel a part of the Cree family?
2. What was the high temperature during the day when Brian decided to stay overnight away from his camp?
3. How long is the chunk blown out of the tree that Brian studies in Chapter 13?
4. What animal does Brian start emulating in his travels in Chapter 16?
5. What does Brian estimate the temperature to be after the snowstorm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian feel about the wolves attack on the moose?
2. What happens when Brian shoots an arrow at the moose?
3. What does Brian discover at the end of the trail that he's following in Chapter 17?
4. How do the snowshoes change things for Brian?
5. Describe Brian's conflicting thoughts over the dead moose.
6. What pattern does the winter weather take in Chapter 12?
7. What does Brian decide he's thankful for?
8. Describe the Cree family that Brian meets.
9. How does Brian get the deer meat back to his camp?
10. How did Brian make his footwear?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)