|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the arrow enter the moose?
(a) In the jaw.
(b) It bounces off the moose's head.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the chest.
2. What does the man offer Brian to eat?
3. What rests on the deer's shoulder as it dies?
4. Brian spots big tracks in the snow and determines that they belong to what animal?
5. Where does Brian leave the second deer head?
(a) In the crotch of a tree.
(b) Hanging above his shelter.
(c) Where it lay.
(d) On the icy lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brian have so much trouble shooting rabbits in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 15, how many trips does it take Brian to get the butchered deer back to his camp?
3. Brian leaves his shelter for a "wall of cold." About how cold is it?
4. How much snow falls on the first day?
5. In Chapter 14, it snows more. What is the maximum accumulation of snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Brian experience using the new bow to shoot rabbits?
2. What does Brian do in Chapter 13 when he hears gunshots at night?
3. What's the status of Brian's clothing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. The morning after making his footwear, what does Brian see upon opening his door?
5. How did Brian make his footwear?
6. Brian sees a mouse in Chapter 8. What does he learn from the mouse?
7. How do the snowshoes change things for Brian?
8. What does Brian discover at the end of the trail that he's following in Chapter 17?
9. How does Brian get the deer meat back to his camp?
10. Describe how cold it is in Chapter 15?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)