|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian spots big tracks in the snow and determines that they belong to what animal?
2. What on the moose weighed more than two rabbits?
3. How does Brian get the idea for snowshoes?
(a) Watching rabbits on the snow.
(b) Remembering a TV special he once saw.
(c) He dreamed it.
(d) Watching a mouse on the snow.
4. What kind of wood does Brian make snowshoes from ?
5. About how far was Brian from the bull moose when the wolves killed it?
(a) 50 yards.
(b) 75 yards.
(c) 125 yards.
(d) 100 yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. It begins raining again in Chapter 11. How many days does it rain?
2. What kind of wood does Brian use for his fire in Chapter 11?
3. What does Brian wish for out loud to go with his meal in Chapter 11?
4. How many wolves attack the moose?
5. How does Brian spot the rabbits in the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian feel about the wolves attack on the moose?
2. How did Brian make his footwear?
3. How does Brian turn such a big moose over to remove the hide from the other side?
4. What happens when Brian shoots an arrow at the moose?
5. Describe how cold it is in Chapter 15?
6. How do the snowshoes change things for Brian?
7. Brian sees a mouse in Chapter 8. What does he learn from the mouse?
8. Describe Brian's conflicting thoughts over the dead moose.
9. What does Brian witness a pack of wolves do?
10. How does Brian spend his time during the storms of Chapter 11?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)