|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian make a breakfast stew from before working on his second snowshoe?
(a) Moose meat and snow.
(b) Deer meat and snow.
(c) Deer meat and lake water.
(d) Moose meat and rain water.
2. At the end of Chapter 16, how many exploding trees does Brian hear?
3. There is a significant snowfall accumulation in Chapter 11. How much snow does Brian estimate is one the sides of the trees.
(a) Six inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) One inch.
4. What item on the moose does Brian leave to take of the next day?
(b) Hump meat.
5. In Chapter 11, a snowstorm follows the rain. How long does the snowstorm last?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian decides to make a moose coat while it's raining. How much does the coat weigh?
2. In addition to his large bow and arrow, lance, hatchet, and knife, what other piece of equipment does Brian take with him for hunting in Chapter 9?
3. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
4. What special day does Brian decide to celebrate in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 8, what alerts Brian to the fact that something is different?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, the author states, "and in a strange way it never really did stop raining." What is meant by this?
2. Describe what has make the gunshot noises in Chapter 13.
3. How do the snowshoes change things for Brian?
4. Describe the line that Brian sees and why he's so interested in it.
5. Describe Brian's conflicting thoughts over the dead moose.
6. Why does Brian feel as if he has committed murder against the deer, but not the moose?
7. What's the status of Brian's clothing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. What happens when Brian shoots an arrow at the moose?
9. What does Brian witness a pack of wolves do?
10. What does Brian do with all of his moose meat?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)