|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian get the idea for snowshoes?
(a) He dreamed it.
(b) Watching a mouse on the snow.
(c) Watching rabbits on the snow.
(d) Remembering a TV special he once saw.
2. Brian thinks he's following a wolf trail, but what is actually making the tracks are?
(d) Hound dogs.
3. About how far was Brian from the bull moose when the wolves killed it?
(a) 50 yards.
(b) 125 yards.
(c) 75 yards.
(d) 100 yards.
4. How many arrows does Brian take with him when he goes hunting in Chapter 9?
5. What bounces in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit of winter does Brian reflect on as he falls asleep in Chapter 15?
2. What does Brian dream of after witnesses the wolf attack on the moose?
3. In Chapter 8, what alerts Brian to the fact that something is different?
4. In Chapter 8, what must Brian do in order to get water for his stew?
5. What item on the moose does Brian leave to take of the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Cree family that Brian meets.
2. What does Brian learn about the rabbits in the snow?
3. Describe the line that Brian sees and why he's so interested in it.
4. The morning after making his footwear, what does Brian see upon opening his door?
5. Why does Brian say in Chapter 14, "this is as bad as it gets"?
6. What pattern does the winter weather take in Chapter 12?
7. How do the snowshoes change things for Brian?
8. How does Brian spend his time during the storms of Chapter 11?
9. Why does Brian feel as if he has committed murder against the deer, but not the moose?
10. What does Brian witness a pack of wolves do?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)