|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bear find food in Brian's camp?
(a) In the water by the fish pool.
(b) Hanging from a tree.
(c) On the hunting knife.
(d) In the pot.
2. How long did it take Brian to restore his shelter in Chapter 7?
(a) All morning.
(b) About an hour.
(c) About three hours.
(d) All day.
3. What do the two wolves leave sign on?
(a) A live tree.
(b) A bush.
(c) A pile of leaves.
(d) A rotten stump.
4. What substance does Brian consider using for the points of his arrows before dismissing as too thin and soft?
(a) Iron scrap.
(b) Hard wood near camp.
(c) Aluminum from plane.
(d) Glass from plane.
5. How far is Brian flung?
(a) Twenty feet.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) Twenty-five feet.
(d) Fifteen feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many pounds of pull does it take for the new bow?
2. When Brian decides to make a stronger weapon, he thinks of it as what?
3. What does Brian add to the last of the jellied meat in Chapter 6?
4. What does Brian use to tie the arrowheads onto the arrows?
5. How many arrows has Brian completed when he is first visited by the skunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian learn about hunting in the rain?
2. Describe the noises that follow after Brian wakes in the middle of the night.
3. What happens the first time Brian doesn't make a clean kill?
4. Describe the sporting goods store that Brian remembers near his home.
5. Describe the autumn rainstorm that strikes Brian.
6. What is Brian's history with bears up until the point that he's attacked by one?
7. What happens with Brian's second encounter with the skunk.
8. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
9. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
10. After the rain finally stops, what activities keep Brian bush that first day?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)