|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Brian to the fact that sitting doesn't get things done?
(a) Ice around the lake.
(b) Migrating geese.
(c) A growling in his stomach.
(d) Seeing his breath in the air.
2. What does Brian add to the last of the jellied meat in Chapter 6?
(a) Red venison.
(c) Lake water.
3. Who is Brian's nighttime acquaintance?
4. How many feathers does Brian use for each arrow and at what length?
(a) Two four-inch long feathers.
(b) Two six-inch long feathers.
(c) Three five-inch long feathers.
(d) Three seven-inch long feathers.
5. What had the arrowheads in the store been laying on?
(a) Green felt.
(b) Smooth natural pine.
(c) Black canvas.
(d) Red velvet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on day three of drying the heavy bows?
2. After the second visit from a bear, what weapon does Brian decide he needs for protection?
3. How many dried rabbit skins did Brian have?
4. When Brian decides to make a stronger weapon, he thinks of it as what?
5. What shape does Brian cut most of the rabbits skins into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the area where the rabbits mainly lived?
2. What had the wolves taken from the deer they killed?
3. What happens with Brian's second encounter with the skunk.
4. How do Brian and the wolf act towards each other?
5. After the rain finally stops, what activities keep Brian bush that first day?
6. What does Brian take with him and why when he goes looking for the wolves kill?
7. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
8. In Chapter 2, what is the primary rule of surviving?
9. What does Brian do with the parts of a rabbit that he kills?
10. What does Brian decide to do with the rabbit hides that he's been saving?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)