|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Brian have?
(a) .22 rifle.
(c) Remington semi-automatic.
(d) 44 Carbine.
2. How does Brian learn to not startle game?
(a) Waiting for it to come to him.
(b) Sit in a tree.
(c) Move very slowly.
(d) Moving sideways in woods.
3. What does Brian refer to the hot water he sips in the morning as?
4. How long did it take Brian to bring fresh mud from the lake to reinforce his wall?
(a) One hour.
(b) Five hours.
(c) All day.
(d) Three hours.
5. How many feathers does Brian use for each arrow and at what length?
(a) Two six-inch long feathers.
(b) Three five-inch long feathers.
(c) Two four-inch long feathers.
(d) Three seven-inch long feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Brian cut most of the rabbits skins into?
2. Why does Brian think his arrow is lucky in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Brian take a blow that was "solid enough to nearly dislocate his hip"?
4. What does Brian end up doing with the deer head?
5. What bothered Brian about the deer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even with the bounty of meant, Brian is bothered by the death of the dear. How does he apologize.
2. In Chapter 3, what does Brian determine that weapons are all about and how does he respond?
3. What does Brian do with the parts of a rabbit that he kills?
4. What does Brian decide to do with the rabbit hides that he's been saving?
5. What happens the first time Brian doesn't make a clean kill?
6. Why was Brian relieved when the food from the emergency pack was gone?
7. Describe Brian's first experience with the war bow.
8. After the rain finally stops, what activities keep Brian bush that first day?
9. What does the second bear attack show Brian about his war bow?
10. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)