|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran the sporting goods store that Brian used to pass on his way to school?
2. How did Brian prepare his food most often?
(a) Grilling it.
(b) Drying it.
(c) Boiling it.
(d) Frying it.
3. Why does Brian keep the broken gun?
(a) He might be able to use it as a tool.
(b) He might be able to repair it.
(c) He thought of the gun as a friend.
(d) He learned to shoot with the gun.
4. When Brian finished sewing the rabbit skins together, what size were they?
(a) Two feet by six feet.
(b) Three feet by five feet.
(c) Three feet by three feet.
(d) Two feet by four feet.
5. In his search for arrowheads, what does Brian hit the rocks with?
(a) Another rock.
(b) The sharp part of his hatchet.
(c) The rifle butt.
(d) The flat part of his hatchet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction was Brian fairly certain of finding rabbits?
2. What does Brian refer to the hot water he sips in the morning as?
3. Who made the sound, "rowwrrrmph", and what led to it?
4. Brian has learned about wolves from a book by who?
5. Who does Brian decide that the skunk resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the second bear attack show Brian about his war bow?
2. What does Brian do with the parts of a rabbit that he kills?
3. How does Brian finish with the rabbit skins in Chapter 5?
4. What decision does Brian make after practicing with the war bow?
5. What does the bear do when Brian kicks at it?
6. When Brian makes fish soup, how does he make and eat it?
7. After the rain finally stops, what activities keep Brian bush that first day?
8. Describe the sporting goods store that Brian remembers near his home.
9. Describe the area where the rabbits mainly lived?
10. Describe the autumn rainstorm that strikes Brian.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)