|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day does Brian decide to celebrate in Chapter 12?
(c) The 3 month anniversary of his crash.
(d) His birthday.
2. What was left of the moose when Brian walked by it a second time?
(a) Back legs.
(b) Back and front shoulders.
(c) Front legs.
(d) Stomach and chest.
3. What does Brian use to tie the ends of wood together with in making snowshoes?
(d) More string from his sleeping bag.
4. What do many of the rabbits that Brian sees have on their backs?
(a) White spots.
(b) Black spots.
(c) A bony ridge.
(d) No hair.
5. After skinning the moose and removing its organs, what did Brian remove next?
(a) Left front leg.
(b) Right back leg.
(c) Left shoulder.
(d) Right shoulder.
6. How many arrows does Brian take with him when he goes hunting in Chapter 9?
7. In addition to his large bow and arrow, lance, hatchet, and knife, what other piece of equipment does Brian take with him for hunting in Chapter 9?
(c) Butane lighter.
(d) Small bow and arrow.
8. At the end of Chapter 16, how many exploding trees does Brian hear?
9. What does Brian wish for out loud to go with his meal in Chapter 11?
(a) Baked potato and milk.
(b) Bread and a chocolate malt.
(c) Barbecue sauce and a Coke.
(d) Corn on the cob and a strawberry shake.
10. What does Brian estimate that the moose weighs?
(a) 700-800 pounds.
(b) 500-600 pounds.
(c) 600-700 pounds.
(d) 400-500 pounds.
11. Why does Brian have so much trouble shooting rabbits in Chapter 9?
(a) His conscience is bothering him.
(b) They're too small for his new big arrows.
(c) He is too cold to move correctly.
(d) He's forgotten how to aim.
12. What does Brian make a pattern on the animal skins with?
(a) The tip of his knife.
(b) A pencil.
(c) Charcoal from the fire.
(d) A stick.
13. How long does it take Brian to feel a part of the Cree family?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
14. How much of the chest of the moose does Brian want to see before shooting?
(a) Two-thirds of the chest
(b) One-third of the chest.
(c) All of the chest.
(d) Half of the chest.
15. What does Brian estimate the temperature to be after the snowstorm?
(a) 10 below.
(c) 20 below.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long does Brian determine the moose is?
2. What did Brian drag back to his camp around 4 in the morning in Chapter 10?
3. What on the moose weighed more than two rabbits?
4. How many paces is Brian away from the deer when he decides to shot it?
5. How many wolves attack the moose?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)