|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bounces in Chapter 15?
2. How many arrows does Brian take with him when he goes hunting in Chapter 9?
3. On the first day in the Winter section of the book, Brian turns his vest into a shirt by adding sleeves. What does he work on during the second day?
(d) A coat.
4. What does Brian estimate that the moose weighs?
(a) 500-600 pounds.
(b) 400-500 pounds.
(c) 700-800 pounds.
(d) 600-700 pounds.
5. How many people live with the man?
6. What on the moose weighed more than two rabbits?
7. How long does it take Brian to feel a part of the Cree family?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What has skis in the book?
(a) The pilot that takes Brian back.
(b) The family shelter.
(c) The trapper.
(d) The bushplane.
9. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
(a) A sliver from a tree.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A chickadee.
(d) A stone.
10. In addition to his large bow and arrow, lance, hatchet, and knife, what other piece of equipment does Brian take with him for hunting in Chapter 9?
(c) Butane lighter.
(d) Small bow and arrow.
11. How does Brian spend his day after hearing the popping sounds in the distance?
(a) Making more clothing.
(b) Looking for the source of the popping.
(d) Cleaning and stocking his shelter.
12. What does Brian make a breakfast stew from before working on his second snowshoe?
(a) Moose meat and rain water.
(b) Deer meat and lake water.
(c) Deer meat and snow.
(d) Moose meat and snow.
13. Approximately how long did it take to move the first part of the moose back to Brian's camp?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. Brian discovers the source of the gunshot sounds in Chapter 13. What is it?
(a) The ice on the lake cracking.
(c) Weight of the ice on trees causing breakage.
(d) Exploding trees.
15. Where does the smooth trail take Brian?
(a) To a log shelter.
(b) To a huge camp.
(c) To a tent.
(d) To a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian get the idea for snowshoes?
2. Where did Brian learn that liquid expands after freezing?
3. After skinning the moose and removing its organs, what did Brian remove next?
4. What kind of wood does Brian make snowshoes from ?
5. What weapon helps Brian with a plan to make snowshoes?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)