|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian make a sauce from for his feast?
(b) Red berries.
(d) Dried cherries from the emergency pack.
2. How much of the chest of the moose does Brian want to see before shooting?
(a) Half of the chest.
(b) All of the chest.
(c) Two-thirds of the chest
(d) One-third of the chest.
3. What does Brian make a breakfast stew from before working on his second snowshoe?
(a) Deer meat and lake water.
(b) Moose meat and snow.
(c) Deer meat and snow.
(d) Moose meat and rain water.
4. Brian leaves his shelter for a "wall of cold." About how cold is it?
(a) At least 30 below.
(b) 10 below.
(c) At least 10 above.
(d) Around 0.
5. What weapon helps Brian with a plan to make snowshoes?
6. What does the man offer Brian to eat?
7. What did Brian drag back to his camp around 4 in the morning in Chapter 10?
(a) Hump meat.
(b) Front section.
8. In Chapter 8, what must Brian do in order to get water for his stew?
(a) Chop through the ice in the lake.
(b) Put a pot in the rain.
(c) Melt snow.
(d) Walk a mile to a hot springs he knows of.
9. Who is the man who greets Brian?
(a) David Smallhorn.
(b) Joshua James.
(c) Albert Xavier.
(d) Graham Wolf.
10. What does Brian hear as he falls asleep after his feast?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A plane.
11. What does Brian fall asleep dreaming of in Chapter 14?
(a) Being home with his parents.
(b) Ice skating.
(c) Walking on white clouds.
(d) Eating a cheeseburger.
12. There is a significant snowfall accumulation in Chapter 11. How much snow does Brian estimate is one the sides of the trees.
(a) Six inches.
(c) One inch.
(d) Three inches.
13. Brian thinks he would have to kill how many rabbits to equal one moose?
14. Brian discovers the source of the gunshot sounds in Chapter 13. What is it?
(a) Exploding trees.
(b) Weight of the ice on trees causing breakage.
(d) The ice on the lake cracking.
15. What does Brian estimate that the moose weighs?
(a) 700-800 pounds.
(b) 600-700 pounds.
(c) 500-600 pounds.
(d) 400-500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the wolves?
2. How does Brian soften the laces for his shoes?
3. Where does the smooth trail take Brian?
4. What does Brian estimate the temperature to be after the snowstorm?
5. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)