|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian compare the dry snow of Chapter 13 to?
(a) White coffee grounds
(b) Baby powder.
(d) Crystalized flour or sugar.
2. Approximately how long did it take to move the first part of the moose back to Brian's camp?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. After awakening from his ordeal with the moose, what does Brian decide to eat?
(a) Moose stew.
(b) Moose ribs.
(c) Moose liver.
(d) Moose roast.
4. How long does it take Brian to feel a part of the Cree family?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten days.
5. In Chapter 12, Brian estimates that he has how many pounds of moose meat left?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
6. On the first day in the Winter section of the book, Brian turns his vest into a shirt by adding sleeves. What does he work on during the second day?
(b) A coat.
7. What was the high temperature during the day when Brian decided to stay overnight away from his camp?
8. How far was Brian from camp when he killed the deer?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 1/2 miles.
9. Brian thinks he would have to kill how many rabbits to equal one moose?
10. It begins raining again in Chapter 11. How many days does it rain?
11. Brian finds an opening in the brush to shot through. Approximately what size is the opening?
(a) 1 foot by 1 foot.
(b) 3 feet by 3 feet.
(c) 4 feet by 4 feet.
(d) 2 feet by 2 feet.
12. What does Brian make a breakfast stew from before working on his second snowshoe?
(a) Deer meat and lake water.
(b) Moose meat and rain water.
(c) Moose meat and snow.
(d) Deer meat and snow.
13. While giving thanks, what does Brian determine has been the key to his survival?
(a) The bow and arrow.
(b) The hatchet.
14. What does Brian estimate the temperature to be after the snowstorm?
(b) 20 below.
(d) 10 below.
15. What rests on the deer's shoulder as it dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
2. What happens to Brian's shoes that leads to them no longer helping him?
3. What did Brian drag back to his camp around 4 in the morning in Chapter 10?
4. What does Brian use to tie the ends of wood together with in making snowshoes?
5. What does Brian smell in Chapter 16?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)