|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After awakening from his ordeal with the moose, what does Brian decide to eat?
(a) Moose ribs.
(b) Moose stew.
(c) Moose liver.
(d) Moose roast.
2. Once Brian goes looking for the source of the gunshots, what time of day is it when he hears one again?
3. What problem does Brian realize he must address in Chapter 8?
(a) More fuel for the winter.
(b) The need for appropriate winter clothing.
(c) More food.
(d) Winterproof his shelter more.
4. What does the man offer Brian to eat?
5. What was left of the moose when Brian walked by it a second time?
(a) Front legs.
(b) Stomach and chest.
(c) Back and front shoulders.
(d) Back legs.
6. How far was Brian from camp when he killed the deer?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 2 1/2 miles.
(c) 1 1/2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
7. What kind of mittens does Brian make for his hands?
(a) Rabbit skin mittens.
(b) Moose skin mittens and rabbit skin mittens.
(c) Deer skin mittens.
(d) Moose skin mittens.
8. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
(a) A sliver from a tree.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A stone.
9. How much snow falls on the first day?
(a) Six inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Four inches.
(d) A foot.
10. How long is the chunk blown out of the tree that Brian studies in Chapter 13?
(a) 2 1/2 feet.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 8 inches.
(d) 1 1/2 feet.
11. While giving thanks, what does Brian determine has been the key to his survival?
(a) The hatchet.
(b) The bow and arrow.
12. How does Brian soften the laces for his shoes?
(a) By rubbing it over a piece of wood.
(b) By dampening it.
(c) By chewing on them.
(d) By moving them near the fire.
13. How much of the chest of the moose does Brian want to see before shooting?
(a) Two-thirds of the chest
(b) One-third of the chest.
(c) Half of the chest.
(d) All of the chest.
14. Where does Brian leave the second deer head?
(a) In the crotch of a tree.
(b) Where it lay.
(c) Hanging above his shelter.
(d) On the icy lake.
15. What does Brian hear as he falls asleep after his feast?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian decides to make a moose coat while it's raining. How much does the coat weigh?
2. Where does the smooth trail take Brian?
3. What does Brian wish for out loud to go with his meal in Chapter 11?
4. At the end of Chapter 16, how many exploding trees does Brian hear?
5. What does Brian estimate that the moose weighs?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)