|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian decides to make a moose coat while it's raining. How much does the coat weigh?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 25 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
2. How many arrows does Brian take with him when he goes hunting in Chapter 9?
3. How long is the chunk blown out of the tree that Brian studies in Chapter 13?
(a) 1 1/2 feet.
(b) 2 1/2 feet.
(c) 8 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
4. Approximately how long did it take to move the first part of the moose back to Brian's camp?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. How many years had the family been trapping in the area?
6. How many gunshots does Brian hear in Chapters 12 and 13?
7. How much of the chest of the moose does Brian want to see before shooting?
(a) One-third of the chest.
(b) Half of the chest.
(c) Two-thirds of the chest
(d) All of the chest.
8. While giving thanks, what does Brian determine has been the key to his survival?
(b) The hatchet.
(d) The bow and arrow.
9. In Chapter 10, what does Brian find that his body seems to be craving?
10. At what time in butchering the moose did "everything in him screamed to stop"?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
11. What does Brian make a breakfast stew from before working on his second snowshoe?
(a) Deer meat and lake water.
(b) Moose meat and snow.
(c) Deer meat and snow.
(d) Moose meat and rain water.
12. What does Brian hear as he falls asleep after his feast?
(a) A gunshot.
(c) A plane.
(d) A wolf.
13. There is a significant snowfall accumulation in Chapter 11. How much snow does Brian estimate is one the sides of the trees.
(a) Six inches.
(c) One inch.
(d) Three inches.
14. What does Brian make a sauce from for his feast?
(a) Dried cherries from the emergency pack.
(c) Red berries.
15. In Chapter 8, what alerts Brian to the fact that something is different?
(a) The lack of sound.
(b) The noise.
(c) The drop in the wind chill.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian do with the evergreen boughs that he cuts?
2. What hits the back of Brian's leather hood?
3. What does Brian wish for out loud to go with his meal in Chapter 11?
4. How long does it take Brian to feel a part of the Cree family?
5. Brian thinks he's following a wolf trail, but what is actually making the tracks are?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)