|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a significant snowfall accumulation in Chapter 11. How much snow does Brian estimate is one the sides of the trees.
(a) One inch.
(b) Six inches.
(d) Three inches.
2. What bounces in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 15, how many trips does it take Brian to get the butchered deer back to his camp?
4. In Chapter 11, a snowstorm follows the rain. How long does the snowstorm last?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
5. How many wolves attack the moose?
6. About how far was Brian from the bull moose when the wolves killed it?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 50 yards.
(c) 75 yards.
(d) 125 yards.
7. What does Brian wish for out loud to go with his meal in Chapter 11?
(a) Barbecue sauce and a Coke.
(b) Bread and a chocolate malt.
(c) Baked potato and milk.
(d) Corn on the cob and a strawberry shake.
8. After being attacked by the moose, what part of Brian does he realize is hurting?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His knees.
(c) His chest.
(d) His forehead.
9. How many gunshots does Brian hear in Chapters 12 and 13?
10. What problem does Brian realize he must address in Chapter 8?
(a) More fuel for the winter.
(b) The need for appropriate winter clothing.
(c) Winterproof his shelter more.
(d) More food.
11. What benefit of winter does Brian reflect on as he falls asleep in Chapter 15?
(a) No bears.
(b) No mosquitos.
(c) No skunks.
(d) No flies.
12. What does Brian do with the evergreen boughs that he cuts?
(a) Makes a bed.
(b) Makes a carpet.
(c) Makes wreathes for hanging.
(d) Burns it for the festive smell.
13. At the end of Chapter 16, how many exploding trees does Brian hear?
14. What kind of wood does Brian make snowshoes from ?
15. In Chapter 14, it snows more. What is the maximum accumulation of snow?
(a) 2 1/2 feet.
(b) Two feet.
(c) 1 1/2 feet.
(d) One foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Brian find that his body seems to be craving?
2. Brian finds an opening in the brush to shot through. Approximately what size is the opening?
3. What weapon does Brian keep in his hands after he sees the wolves attack the moose?
4. Where does the arrow enter the moose?
5. What special day does Brian decide to celebrate in Chapter 12?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)