|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian name the skunk?
2. Where does the bear find food in Brian's camp?
(a) In the pot.
(b) Hanging from a tree.
(c) On the hunting knife.
(d) In the water by the fish pool.
3. Brian is grateful to the skunk, who begins to think of as his pet what?
(a) Hygiene problem.
(c) Nuclear device.
4. How many inches could Brian sew with a single lace?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Seven or eight.
5. Brian's sleeping bag is good to approximately what temperature.
(a) 32 degrees.
(b) Ten below.
(c) 0 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
6. In Chapter 4, what type of animal does Brian hear from that he hasn't heard from in two weeks?
7. What makes a "hooonnes" sound?
8. In Chapter 3, Brian awakens with urgency. Why?
(a) He hears an airplane.
(b) The bear returns.
(c) He realizes winter is coming.
(d) A skunk visits him.
9. Why does Brian think his arrow is lucky in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it scared the bear away.
(b) Because he brings down a deer with it.
(c) Because he kills 2 animals with it.
(d) Because of a feeling.
10. What does Brian find when he goes out to re-mark his territory?
(a) A bear wanting food.
(b) A wolf carrying fresh meat.
(c) A skunk wanting food.
(d) A deer carcass.
11. How many arrows has Brian completed when he is first visited by the skunk?
12. What does Brian look for when he first wakes up in Chapter 6?
(a) A wolf.
(b) The skunk.
(c) The deer hide.
(d) More bird feathers.
13. About how big is the hole that Brian makes to let the smoke out of his shelter?
(a) About a foot across.
(b) About six inches across.
(c) About 1 1/2 feet across.
(d) About three inches across.
14. Who made the sound, "rowwrrrmph", and what led to it?
(a) Brian, after getting hit by the bear.
(b) The skunk, before attacking the bear.
(c) The bear after getting sprayed by the skunk.
(d) The bear when it discovers Brian is in front of the meat.
15. How many shells were included in the emergency pack?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Brian flung?
2. When hunting was going well in Chapter 2, what was the most foolbirds Brian killed in a single day?
3. When Brian finished sewing the rabbit skins together, what size were they?
4. Why does Brian keep the broken gun?
5. How many dried rabbit skins did Brian have?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)