|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape does Brian cut most of the rabbits skins into?
2. How many shells were included in the emergency pack?
3. Brian is grateful to the skunk, who begins to think of as his pet what?
(a) Hygiene problem.
(d) Nuclear device.
4. Who is Brian's nighttime acquaintance?
5. What does Brian name the skunk?
6. What has Brian made from the rabbit skins in Chapter 5?
(a) A vest.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A shirt.
7. Who does Brian decide that the skunk resembles?
(a) His neighbor in New York.
(b) A hippo.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His teacher.
8. What does Brian end up doing with the deer head?
(a) He puts it in a tree.
(b) He tosses it into the lake.
(c) He hangs it up in his camp.
(d) He buries it.
9. How far is Brian flung?
(a) Twenty feet.
(b) Twenty-five feet.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Fifteen feet.
10. What is the main portion of the deer that the wolves leave behind?
(b) Front shoulders.
11. What is the minimum number of days that Brian believes he can go without hunting due to the deer meat?
12. What substance does Brian consider using for the points of his arrows before dismissing as too thin and soft?
(a) Hard wood near camp.
(b) Glass from plane.
(c) Iron scrap.
(d) Aluminum from plane.
13. What is good protection from bears but doesn't last?
(b) Giving it food.
14. In Chapter 3, Brian notices that the leaves in the trees across the lake are turning mostly what color?
(c) Dark orange.
15. What name does Brian give the lucky arrow?
(a) War arrow.
(b) Life arrow.
(c) Lucky arrow.
(d) Medicine arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the arrowheads in the store been laying on?
2. What must Brian hunt with when the gun breaks?
3. When hunting was going well in Chapter 2, what was the most foolbirds Brian killed in a single day?
4. Why had a bear torn out a stump?
5. In what direction was Brian fairly certain of finding rabbits?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)