|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main portion of the deer that the wolves leave behind?
(d) Front shoulders.
2. What kind of rock did Brian make arrow points from?
3. Where does Brian find cord to string his bow with?
(a) The sleeping bag.
(b) Deer hide.
(c) Old windbreaker.
(d) Rabbit hide.
4. What do the two wolves leave sign on?
(a) A bush.
(b) A pile of leaves.
(c) A live tree.
(d) A rotten stump.
5. About how big is the hole that Brian makes to let the smoke out of his shelter?
(a) About 1 1/2 feet across.
(b) About three inches across.
(c) About six inches across.
(d) About a foot across.
6. What alerts Brian to the fact that sitting doesn't get things done?
(a) A growling in his stomach.
(b) Seeing his breath in the air.
(c) Ice around the lake.
(d) Migrating geese.
7. What does Brian end up doing with the deer head?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He tosses it into the lake.
(c) He hangs it up in his camp.
(d) He puts it in a tree.
8. Who does Brian call a robber?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The hawk.
(c) The bear.
(d) The skunk.
9. What comes to Brian with a "softness"?
(a) Remembering his family.
10. Who ran the sporting goods store that Brian used to pass on his way to school?
11. Who made the sound, "rowwrrrmph", and what led to it?
(a) The bear when it discovers Brian is in front of the meat.
(b) The skunk, before attacking the bear.
(c) The bear after getting sprayed by the skunk.
(d) Brian, after getting hit by the bear.
12. Brian's sleeping bag is good to approximately what temperature.
(a) 0 degrees.
(b) Ten below.
(c) 32 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
13. What is the raised part of the bolt of the gun known as?
(c) Firing pin.
14. What does Brian practice on when he picks up his bow and arrows again?
(a) Painted target.
(c) Dirt hummock.
15. How many feathers does Brian use for each arrow and at what length?
(a) Two six-inch long feathers.
(b) Two four-inch long feathers.
(c) Three seven-inch long feathers.
(d) Three five-inch long feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Brian give the lucky arrow?
2. Brian realizes that he has become a predator in nature. In this way, he thinks of himself as what?
3. What had Brian once tried to shoot at in a tree?
4. In Chapter 3, Brian awakens with urgency. Why?
5. What happens on day three of drying the heavy bows?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)