|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scared game away?
(a) The sound of the gun.
(b) The sound of the arrow.
(c) Brian's moving through the woods.
2. What mineral is the skunk smell compared to?
3. Brian has learned about wolves from a book by who?
(a) Farley Mowat.
(b) Wilson Greene.
(c) Miles Brown.
(d) Derrick Hadebah.
4. How long did it take Brian to restore his shelter in Chapter 7?
(a) All day.
(b) All morning.
(c) About three hours.
(d) About an hour.
5. Brian realizes that he has become a predator in nature. In this way, he thinks of himself as what?
(a) A dangerous animal.
(b) The mighty hunter.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A two-legged wolf.
6. What is Brian's first meal with the deer?
7. What shape does Brian cut most of the rabbits skins into?
8. What makes a "hooonnes" sound?
9. Who does Brian call a robber?
(a) The skunk.
(b) The hawk.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The bear.
10. Who ran the sporting goods store that Brian used to pass on his way to school?
11. What does Brian do to the wolves marking of territory?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Brian marks it with his own urine.
(c) Rubs fish guts to destroy the previous smell.
(d) Tries to smell what the wolves smell.
12. Why does Brian keep the broken gun?
(a) He thought of the gun as a friend.
(b) He might be able to use it as a tool.
(c) He learned to shoot with the gun.
(d) He might be able to repair it.
13. What can't Brian get away from the bear in Chapter 7?
(a) His legs are caught in the sleeping bag.
(b) The bear has blocked the exit.
(c) He can't see in the dark.
(d) The bear is just too big.
14. What shines like gold?
(a) The sun.
(b) The lake.
(c) The cooking pot.
(d) The moon.
15. What does Brian practice on when he picks up his bow and arrows again?
(a) Dirt hummock.
(c) Painted target.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brian decide that the skunk resembles?
2. When Brian decides to make a stronger weapon, he thinks of it as what?
3. Approximately how many pounds of pull does it take for the new bow?
4. How many inches could Brian sew with a single lace?
5. In Chapter 7, how many tries does it take Brian to get the right kind of arrowhead for his latest weapon?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)