|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brian think his arrow is lucky in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it scared the bear away.
(b) Because he kills 2 animals with it.
(c) Because of a feeling.
(d) Because he brings down a deer with it.
2. What is the minimum number of days that Brian believes he can go without hunting due to the deer meat?
3. What does Brian suddenly awaken to in Chapter 7?
(a) A bear in his camp.
(c) The skunk in his camp.
(d) A blizzard.
4. What blew up like a grenade in front of Brian?
(b) Flock of geese.
5. What mineral is the skunk smell compared to?
6. How long did it take Brian to restore his shelter in Chapter 7?
(a) All day.
(b) About three hours.
(c) About an hour.
(d) All morning.
7. After the second visit from a bear, what weapon does Brian decide he needs for protection?
(a) A killing lance.
(b) A bow with bigger arrows.
(c) A spear.
(d) A working gun.
8. What does Brian add to the last of the jellied meat in Chapter 6?
(b) Lake water.
(d) Red venison.
9. In Chapter 3, Brian notices that the leaves in the trees across the lake are turning mostly what color?
(d) Dark orange.
10. Where did Brian take a blow that was "solid enough to nearly dislocate his hip"?
11. What has Brian made from the rabbit skins in Chapter 5?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A shirt.
(d) A vest.
12. What does Brian look for when he first wakes up in Chapter 6?
(a) A wolf.
(b) The skunk.
(c) More bird feathers.
(d) The deer hide.
13. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Brian plan to do first thing the next morning?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Try out his big bow.
(c) Re-mark his territory.
(d) Go hunting.
14. Where is the skunk living?
(a) Under Brian's shelter.
(b) Brian doesn't know.
(c) In nearby brush.
(d) In a burrow it made at Brian's camp.
15. What happens on day three of drying the heavy bows?
(a) A skunk moves in.
(b) The bear returns.
(c) It snows.
(d) It begins raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Brian to the fact that sitting doesn't get things done?
2. How long does it take arrow shafts to dry in the sun?
3. What bird sings before a rainstorm?
4. Where does Brian find cord to string his bow with?
5. What does Brian do to the wolves marking of territory?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)