|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Fall: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the main foods in Brian's diet in Chapter 1?
(a) Crow and berries.
(b) Squirrel and pigeon.
(c) Rabbit and foolbirds.
(d) Fish and turnips.
2. In Chapter 3, Brian notices that the leaves in the trees across the lake are turning mostly what color?
(a) Dark orange.
3. Why does Brian think his arrow is lucky in Chapter 3?
(a) Because of a feeling.
(b) Because he kills 2 animals with it.
(c) Because he brings down a deer with it.
(d) Because it scared the bear away.
4. What shines like gold?
(a) The moon.
(b) The cooking pot.
(c) The sun.
(d) The lake.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Brian plan to do first thing the next morning?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Try out his big bow.
(c) Re-mark his territory.
(d) Go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bear find food in Brian's camp?
2. What did Brian kill about forty feet from camp in Chapter 4?
3. What alerts Brian to the fact that sitting doesn't get things done?
4. What is the raised part of the bolt of the gun known as?
5. About how big is the hole that Brian makes to let the smoke out of his shelter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)