|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eating at the beginning of Chapter 7, how does the dog show her submission?
2. How many moose does Brian see during the day in Chapter 7?
3. What does Brian decide to use to stitch the dog's wound?
4. How long will Brian wait to cut the stitches from the dog's wound?
5. As Brian is stalking the deer, what almost startles the deer into running?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
3. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
4. What would the Cree do if they encountered a beaver dam in a canoe?
5. What type of bond does Brian finding himself sharing with the dog?
6. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
7. What does Brian like and not like about his Kevlar canoe?
8. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
9. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
10. How does Brian cook after he kills the buck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 8, instinct drives Brian to pack up camp and head north. Discuss instinct and the reliance that Brian places upon instinct.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 1 and 2, Brian considers different ways that he and animals hunt. Discuss hunting methods Brian remembers and uses.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 3 and, Brian demonstrates carefulness in everything he does. Discuss cautiousness, and the ways that Brian is cautious.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)