|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much pressure per square inch, even in a moderate dog, could the molars exert?
2. Approximately how much does the dog weigh?
3. Where does Brian find the dog's tracks?
4. In Chapter 6 as the day warms up, what insects become active.
5. What does Brian kill for the dog in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of bond does Brian finding himself sharing with the dog?
2. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
3. Why hadn't Brian ever had a dog?
4. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
5. How does Brian cook after he kills the buck?
6. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
7. What does Brian think of Jack London and his writing?
8. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
9. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
10. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 8, Brian believes that he is coming to a place where men are. Discuss how Brian knows when he is in a place where men are.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10 and "The Hunt," Brian decides to hunt the bear. Discuss how and why Brian decides to hunt the bear?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, Brian uses a monocular to discover what has awakened him. Discuss monoculars and binoculars, and why Brian uses a monocular.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)