|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season is it easiest to find tracks?
2. What type of weapons did the Cree family that Brian stayed with use?
3. How many stitches does it take to sew up the dog's wound?
4. How long will Brian wait to cut the stitches from the dog's wound?
5. What animal does Brian finally decide must have caused the dog's injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
2. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
3. In a conflict between deer or moose and dogs, which animal is usually the victor?
4. What does Brian like and not like about his Kevlar canoe?
5. What would the Cree do if they encountered a beaver dam in a canoe?
6. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
7. What convinces Brian to help the dog?
8. What does Brian think of Jack London and his writing?
9. Why doesn't Brian think there are any people around when he finds the dog?
10. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 1 and 2, Brian considers different ways that he and animals hunt. Discuss hunting methods Brian remembers and uses.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 5 and 6, the dog seems to trust Brian. Discuss why it seems that the dog trusts Brian.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 8, both Brian and the dog realize something is wrong. Discuss why Brian and the dog believe that something is wrong.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)