|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much does the dog weigh?
2. How long is the dog's wound?
3. Where does Brian tie up the dog when he leaves to hunt?
4. What type of weapons did the Cree family that Brian stayed with use?
5. How long does Brian believe that the deer hide will last after he rolls it up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian prevent the dog from following him in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
3. What convinces Brian to help the dog?
4. What does Brian think of Jack London and his writing?
5. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
7. Why doesn't Brian think there are any people around when he finds the dog?
8. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
9. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 8, instinct drives Brian to pack up camp and head north. Discuss instinct and the reliance that Brian places upon instinct.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Chapter 8, both Brian and the dog realize something is wrong. Discuss why Brian and the dog believe that something is wrong.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 5 and 6, the dog seems to trust Brian. Discuss why it seems that the dog trusts Brian.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)