|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian find the dog's tracks?
2. In Chapter 7 when Brian looks for an outlet in the lake, what direction does he paddle?
3. Approximately how much does the dog weigh?
4. How far apart does Brian make his stitches?
5. How long does Brian believe that the deer hide will last after he rolls it up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian decide to do when the flap of skin is too small to fit over the wound?
2. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
3. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
4. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
5. What would the Cree do if they encountered a beaver dam in a canoe?
6. In Chapter 8, why does Brian pack and leave when he has planned to stay a day or two?
7. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
8. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
9. What steps does Brian take as he gets ready to close the dog's wound?
10. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Chapter 8, both Brian and the dog realize something is wrong. Discuss why Brian and the dog believe that something is wrong.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 4, Brian uses a monocular to discover what has awakened him. Discuss monoculars and binoculars, and why Brian uses a monocular.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10 and "The Hunt," Brian decides to hunt the bear. Discuss how and why Brian decides to hunt the bear?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)