|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Brian paddle in Chapter 7 before the dog falls asleep?
2. How fast is Brian able to paddle when he gets to the lake where he thinks his friends will be?
3. From the sparse sign he finds, from what direction does Brian believe that the dog came from?
4. How long does Brian believe that the deer hide will last after he rolls it up?
5. In Chapter 7, how many of the fish does Brian eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
2. What does Brian like and not like about his Kevlar canoe?
3. How does Brian prevent the dog from following him in Chapter 6?
4. What does Brian think of Jack London and his writing?
5. How does Brian cook after he kills the buck?
6. What does Brian decide to do when the flap of skin is too small to fit over the wound?
7. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
8. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
9. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
10. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, Brian uses his observational skills to discover what awakened him. Discuss Brian's observational skills and how he uses them.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Brian thinks about learning and schooling. Discuss how Brian feels about schooling and learning.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, Brian does a mental inventory of the items he has brought to help him live in the wilderness. Discuss the supplies Brian brought and preparations he made before he went back to the wilderness.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)