|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the sparse sign he finds, from what direction does Brian believe that the dog came from?
2. How many of the moose that Brian sees during the day in Chapter 7 would have been easy kills?
3. After tending the dog, at first light, what does Brian fix?
4. How close does Brian get to the young buck before he shoots?
5. During what season is it easiest to find tracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
2. Why hadn't Brian ever had a dog?
3. What type of bond does Brian finding himself sharing with the dog?
4. What does Brian think of Jack London and his writing?
5. In a conflict between deer or moose and dogs, which animal is usually the victor?
6. In Chapter 8, why does Brian pack and leave when he has planned to stay a day or two?
7. What is the dog's first reaction when Brian begins to sew the dog's wound shut?
8. How does Brian prevent the dog from following him in Chapter 6?
9. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 5 and 6, Brian empathizes with the dog. Discuss empathy and how Brian demonstrates empathy.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 8, Brian believes that he is coming to a place where men are. Discuss how Brian knows when he is in a place where men are.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Brian thinks about learning and schooling. Discuss how Brian feels about schooling and learning.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)