|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Brian returns to the wilderness?
2. How many Polarfleece pullovers does Brian have?
3. How much does Brian's bow pull?
4. What is Brian dreaming about in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Brian pull the canoe to the shore when he moves closer to the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't it have been easy for Brian to move constantly during his first wilderness experience?
2. What were Brian's dreams like at first after the crash?
3. Describe the area where the Smallhorn's live.
4. What does Brian decide to do about the dog?
5. Why does Brian think that a noise he hears in Chapter 1 is a squirrel or a mouse?
6. How do the Inuit hunt seal?
7. How is the dog injured that Brian finds in Chapter 4?
8. How does Brian check his gear daily?
9. What does Susan Smallhorn look like?
10. What fond memories does Brian have of his first wilderness experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 5 and 6, Brian deduces that the dog was injured by a bear. Discuss how Brian uses deductive reason to figure out how the dog was injured.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Brian considers how his attitude toward camping has changed. Compare and contrast Brian's attitude toward camping before and after his first wilderness experience.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, Brian uses a monocular to discover what has awakened him. Discuss monoculars and binoculars, and why Brian uses a monocular.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)