|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the draw of Brian's bow?
2. What is Susan Smallhorn's Indian name?
3. To what temperature will Brian's sleeping bag keep him warm?
4. What type of dog does Brian find in Chapter 4?
5. What season is it when Brian returns to the wilderness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the noises and smells of civilization bother Brian?
2. How does Brian intend to keep up with his studies in the wilderness?
3. How does Brian describe how a coyote hunted?
4. What were Brian's dreams like at first after the crash?
5. How does Brian check his gear daily?
6. What does Brian decide to do about the dog?
7. How do the Inuit hunt seal?
8. What are most of the lakes like in the north country?
9. Why is it illegal in many states to hunt from canoes?
10. What clothes did Brian bring with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Brian thinks about learning and schooling. Discuss how Brian feels about schooling and learning.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, Brian does a mental inventory of the items he has brought to help him live in the wilderness. Discuss the supplies Brian brought and preparations he made before he went back to the wilderness.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Brian considers how his attitude toward camping has changed. Compare and contrast Brian's attitude toward camping before and after his first wilderness experience.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)