|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Brian's bow pull?
2. Where does Brian pull the canoe to the shore when he moves closer to the dog?
3. How much nylon line does Brian have?
4. What does Brian's knife resemble?
5. How far out does Brian let his canoe drift before he anchors for the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brian think that a noise he hears in Chapter 1 is a squirrel or a mouse?
2. What clothes did Brian bring with him?
3. How do the Inuit hunt seal?
4. How does Brian check his gear daily?
5. How does Brian describe how a coyote hunted?
6. What are most of the lakes like in the north country?
7. What were Brian's dreams like at first after the crash?
8. In Chapter 3, where does Brian often sleep?
9. Why do the noises and smells of civilization bother Brian?
10. What tools did Brian bring with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, Brian uses his observational skills to discover what awakened him. Discuss Brian's observational skills and how he uses them.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Chapter 8, both Brian and the dog realize something is wrong. Discuss why Brian and the dog believe that something is wrong.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Brian thinks about learning and schooling. Discuss how Brian feels about schooling and learning.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)