|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian tie up the dog when he leaves to hunt?
(a) To the canoe.
(b) Around a log.
(c) To a stake.
(d) To a tree.
2. How long will the coolness of the lakes and rivers keep the deer meat fresh?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) About 2 days.
(c) 16 hours.
(d) At least a day.
3. After shooting the deer, how far is it to Brian's camp?
(a) 400 yards.
(b) 1,500 feet.
(c) 700 yards.
(d) 1,000 feet.
4. In Chapter 7, how does Brian catch finish in the evening?
(a) With a net.
(b) With a hook and line
(c) With a spear.
(d) With an arrow.
5. What does Brian believe caused the dog's wound?
(a) A fall.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A boating accident.
(d) A fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, approximately how far does Brian travel before he finally makes camp?
2. When does Brian plan to melt something to put on the dog's wound?
3. How long does Brian think it will take to cross the lake where he believes his friends are?
4. After the arrow goes straight through the young buck, how far does it land from the buck?
5. How long does it actually take Brian to cross the lake where he believes his friends are?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
2. Why hadn't Brian ever had a dog?
3. Why doesn't Brian think there are any people around when he finds the dog?
4. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
5. How does Brian prevent the dog from following him in Chapter 6?
6. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
7. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
8. What is the dog's first reaction when Brian begins to sew the dog's wound shut?
9. What does Brian decide to do when the flap of skin is too small to fit over the wound?
10. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)