|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Brian add to his fish stew?
2. How long does it actually take Brian to cross the lake where he believes his friends are?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. How long does Brian believe that the deer hide will last after he rolls it up?
(a) 3-4 days.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 1-2 days.
4. In Chapter 7, how many grouse does Brian remember shooting on the wing?
5. In Chapter 8, how much of the deer does the dog eat in one sitting?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 3 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian hope to catch with lures made from the pelt he skins?
2. After tending the dog, at first light, what does Brian fix?
3. What is the general flow of lakes in the north country?
4. How many stitches are sewn down the front side?
5. How many stitches does it take to sew up the dog's wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian cook after he kills the buck?
2. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
3. What would the Cree do if they encountered a beaver dam in a canoe?
4. Why hadn't Brian ever had a dog?
5. In a conflict between deer or moose and dogs, which animal is usually the victor?
6. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
7. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
8. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
9. How do Brian and the dog share a meal in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)