|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far apart does Brian make his stitches?
(a) 1/16 inch.
(b) 1/8 inch.
(c) 1/3 inch.
(d) ¼ inch.
2. Toward evening in Chapter 7, what type of fish does Brian catch?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Brian catch finish in the evening?
(a) With a spear.
(b) With an arrow.
(c) With a net.
(d) With a hook and line
4. How many of the moose that Brian sees during the day in Chapter 7 would have been easy kills?
5. When does Brian plan to melt something to put on the dog's wound?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) Dinner time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dog does Brian mention being in a pack with three or four other dogs and run up on a deer, sheep, or child?
2. What direction is the buck facing when he dies?
3. What does Brian kill for the dog in Chapter 6?
4. What has Brian seen a bear throw through the air looking for grub worms?
5. What type of canoes do the Cree use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
2. How does Brian cook after he kills the buck?
3. In Chapter 8, what is Brian's plan as he packs up and heads north?
4. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
5. What is the dog's first reaction when Brian begins to sew the dog's wound shut?
6. After Brian shoots the rabbit, why can't he continue hunting?
7. Why doesn't Brian think there are any people around when he finds the dog?
8. What does Brian decide to do when the flap of skin is too small to fit over the wound?
9. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
10. What does Brian like and not like about his Kevlar canoe?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)