|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, approximately how far does Brian travel before he finally makes camp?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
2. What size are the bluegills and sunfish that Brian hunts after killing food for the dog?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 4-5 inches.
(c) 8 inches.
(d) 6-7 inches.
3. How long will the coolness of the lakes and rivers keep the deer meat fresh?
(a) About 2 days.
(b) At least a day.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 16 hours.
4. After tending the dog, at first light, what does Brian fix?
5. How many fish does Brian catch while his other food cooks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of red meat does Brian hope to find to feed the dog?
2. Where does Brian tie up the dog when he leaves to hunt?
3. From the sparse sign he finds, from what direction does Brian believe that the dog came from?
4. Where does Brian think the dog might have come from?
5. Why do white-tailed deer come in to clearings late in the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Brian think there are any people around when he finds the dog?
2. Why hadn't Brian ever had a dog?
3. What does Brian decide to do when the flap of skin is too small to fit over the wound?
4. Why does Brian want to make lures to kill trout?
5. Why does Brian save the rabbit skin?
6. Why is Brian concerned when it is time to leave in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Brian so good with a bow?
8. n Chapter 7, why doesn't Brian shoot a rabbit that is an easy kill?
9. In Chapter 8, why does Brian pack and leave when he has planned to stay a day or two?
10. In Chapter 7, how does Brian decide which deer to shoot?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)