|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brian dreaming about in Chapter 4?
(b) A book he read.
(c) Susan Smallhorn.
(d) The plane crash.
2. How many hot meals will Brian eat a day?
3. How much does a large bull moose weigh?
(a) 1,800 pounds.
(b) 1,600 to 1,700 pounds.
(c) 1,400 to 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,300 pounds.
4. How old was Brian when he crashed in the wilderness?
5. How long does it take Brian to turn his canoe around when he is pursuing a fish in Chapter 2?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 18 minutes.
(c) 7 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian hope to observe on the lakes with his monocular?
2. What is the draw of Brian's bow?
3. How much does Brian estimate that a moose weighs in Chapter 1?
4. How deep is the water where Brian catches his fish in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Brian pull the canoe to the shore when he moves closer to the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of supplies did Brian bring to the wilderness?
2. How does Brian check his gear daily?
3. What are most of the lakes like in the north country?
4. What does Susan Smallhorn look like?
5. What tools did Brian bring with him?
6. Describe the area where the Smallhorn's live.
7. What clothes did Brian bring with him?
8. How does Brian feel about the fire he starts with matches?
9. Why does Brian think that a noise he hears in Chapter 1 is a squirrel or a mouse?
10. How do the Inuit hunt seal?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)