|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much nylon line does Brian have?
(a) 1,000 feet.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 750 feet.
2. How many pair of Polarfleece pants does Brian have?
3. In Chapter 1, approximately how far is Brian from the Smallhorn summer camp?
(a) 47 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 58 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
4. What season is it when Brian returns to the wilderness?
(b) Early spring.
(d) High summer.
5. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
(a) 15-20 feet.
(b) 25-30 feet.
(c) 45 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brian eat too much of during his first wilderness experience that made him sick?
2. What does Brian use for a pillow?
3. During Brian's first winter in the bush, how long did he live with a trapping family he met?
4. What is Brian's canoe made from?.
5. In Chapter 1 in the area where Brian is, where do all the rivers pour into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clothes did Brian bring with him?
2. In Chapter 3, where does Brian often sleep?
3. Why didn't Brian bring a compound bow?
4. Why do the Cree Indians usually have dark-haired malamute cross dogs?
5. What fond memories does Brian have of his first wilderness experience?
6. What were Brian's dreams like at first after the crash?
7. How is the dog injured that Brian finds in Chapter 4?
8. How does Brian check his gear daily?
9. In a book published in the 1930s by the government, what did Brian learn about nutritional value and dangers of eating different types of animals and fish?
10. How does Brian intend to keep up with his studies in the wilderness?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)