|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power is Brian's monocular?
2. How long ago had Brian been involved in his first wilderness experience?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. According to a book Brian read, what creature has the most nutritional value and protein?
4. What is Brian's canoe made from?.
5. What coloring is the dog Brian sees in Chapter 4?
(c) Dark brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes does it take Brian to cook the fish he caught in Chapter 2?
2. What did Brian bring to drink in the wilderness?
3. What did Brian eat too much of during his first wilderness experience that made him sick?
4. What is Brian dreaming about in Chapter 4?
5. What does Brian use for a pillow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Brian worry about camping?
2. Why does Brian think that a noise he hears in Chapter 1 is a squirrel or a mouse?
3. What tools did Brian bring with him?
4. How do the Inuit hunt seal?
5. Describe the area where the Smallhorn's live.
6. Why do the Cree Indians usually have dark-haired malamute cross dogs?
7. Why didn't Brian bring a compound bow?
8. In a book published in the 1930s by the government, what did Brian learn about nutritional value and dangers of eating different types of animals and fish?
9. What types of supplies did Brian bring to the wilderness?
10. How does Brian describe how a coyote hunted?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)