|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on the lake does Brian believe he will find fish?
(a) In the reeds and lily pads.
(b) In open water.
(c) Near pondweed and floating heart.
(d) Among grasses.
2. When was a book published that Brian found on the Internet that had been put out for farmers and hunters and trappers?
3. What fish does Brian believe he will find in a small lake?
(b) Sunfish and bluegills.
(d) Smallmouth and pike.
4. In Chapter 2, what type of fish does Brian patiently hunt and kill?
(a) Smallmouth bass.
(c) Northern pike.
(d) Tiger Musky.
5. What does Susan Smallhorn's Indian name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of axe does Brian have?
2. How weight is Brian's sleeping bag?
3. According to a book Brian read, what creature has the most nutritional value and protein?
4. Where does the dog Brian sees in Chapter 4 have a shiny patch on its body?
5. In Chapter 1, approximately how far is Brian from the Smallhorn summer camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian feel about the fire he starts with matches?
2. How is the dog injured that Brian finds in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, where does Brian often sleep?
4. Why doesn't Brian worry about camping?
5. Describe the area where the Smallhorn's live.
6. How does Brian intend to keep up with his studies in the wilderness?
7. What tools did Brian bring with him?
8. How does Brian describe how a coyote hunted?
9. Why do the noises and smells of civilization bother Brian?
10. Why wouldn't it have been easy for Brian to move constantly during his first wilderness experience?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)