|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the ice hole through which polar bears pull seals?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 34 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 22 inches.
2. What season is it when Brian returns to the wilderness?
(a) High summer.
(c) Early spring.
3. How much nylon line does Brian have?
(a) 750 feet.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 1,000 feet.
4. What does Brian use for a pillow?
(a) Camp pillow.
(b) Tarp-covered cargo.
(d) Pair of pants.
5. What did Brian eat too much of during his first wilderness experience that made him sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian do with the remains of the fish he eats?
2. How many American soldiers were slaughtered at Gettysburg?
3. What does Brian hope to observe on the lakes with his monocular?
4. What type of axe does Brian have?
5. What does Brian's knife resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a book published in the 1930s by the government, what did Brian learn about nutritional value and dangers of eating different types of animals and fish?
2. Why do the noises and smells of civilization bother Brian?
3. Why does Brian think that a noise he hears in Chapter 1 is a squirrel or a mouse?
4. Why is it illegal in many states to hunt from canoes?
5. What were Brian's dreams like at first after the crash?
6. What fond memories does Brian have of his first wilderness experience?
7. Why do the Cree Indians usually have dark-haired malamute cross dogs?
8. How is the dog injured that Brian finds in Chapter 4?
9. What types of supplies did Brian bring to the wilderness?
10. How does Brian feel about the fire he starts with matches?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)