|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After encountering the first beaver dam, how far do Brian and the dog follow a stream?
(a) About a mile.
(b) 8-9 miles.
(c) 4-5 miles.
(d) Approximately 3/4 mile.
2. What author who wrote about the bush does Brian think of after the dog's wound is sewn together?
(a) Clarke Irwin.
(b) Louis L'Amour.
(c) Ernest Thompson Seton.
(d) Jack London.
3. In Chapter 7, how big was a small bull that would have been an easy kill?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 700 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
4. Where does Brian find the dog's tracks?
(a) By a creek.
(b) In soft mud.
(c) In soft sand.
(d) Under a bush.
5. After shooting the deer, how far is it to Brian's camp?
(a) 700 yards.
(b) 1,500 feet.
(c) 400 yards.
(d) 1,000 feet.
6. Where does Brian think the dog might have come from?
(a) A nearby town.
(b) Hunters left her behind.
(c) A plane wreck.
(d) A trapper or Indian camp.
7. What size are the bluegills and sunfish that Brian hunts after killing food for the dog?
(a) 6-7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 4-5 inches.
(d) 8 inches.
8. What does Brian hope to catch with lures made from the pelt he skins?
9. How far out does Brian circle before he sees the dog's tracks?
(a) 400 yards.
(b) 350 yards.
(c) 300 yards.
(d) 250 yards.
10. How long is the dog's wound?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 20 inches.
(c) A foot and a half.
(d) About 2 feet.
11. After encountering the first beaver dam, how many more dams do they encounter before coming to another lake?
12. Around what city was a woman jogging, attacked and eaten partially by a wild animal?
(d) Los Angeles.
13. As Brian is stalking the deer, what almost startles the deer into running?
(a) Prairie dog.
14. How much pressure per square inch, even in a moderate dog, could the molars exert?
(a) 3000 pounds.
(b) 2600 pounds.
(c) 1500 pounds.
(d) 2200 pounds.
15. In Chapter 7, what does Brian decide to put on the dog's wound?
(a) Warm lake mud.
(b) Spruce and pine gum.
(c) Anti-bacterial cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapons did the Cree family that Brian stayed with use?
2. Where does Brian tie up the dog when he leaves to hunt?
3. How many of the moose that Brian sees during the day in Chapter 7 would have been easy kills?
4. What animal does Brian finally decide must have caused the dog's injury?
5. After the arrow goes straight through the young buck, how far does it land from the buck?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)