|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapons did the Cree family that Brian stayed with use?
(a) Bows and arrows.
(b) 30-30 rifles.
(c) Automatic rifles.
2. Where does Brian tie up the dog when he leaves to hunt?
(a) To the canoe.
(b) To a stake.
(c) Around a log.
(d) To a tree.
3. How long does Brian spend fishing while his food cooks?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. How many fish does Brian catch while his other food cooks?
5. In Chapter 7 when Brian looks for an outlet in the lake, what direction does he paddle?
6. At first, what animal does Brian believe could have caused the dog's wound?
(c) Mountain lion.
7. As Brian is stalking the deer, what almost startles the deer into running?
(b) Prairie dog.
8. In Chapter 6 as the day warms up, what insects become active.
9. In Chapter 8, how much of the deer does the dog eat in one sitting?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 3 pounds.
(d) 5 pounds.
10. After encountering the first beaver dam, how many more dams do they encounter before coming to another lake?
11. How long is the dog's wound?
(a) A foot and a half.
(b) 20 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) About 2 feet.
12. In Chapter 7, how many of the fish does Brian eat?
13. After encountering the first beaver dam, how far do Brian and the dog follow a stream?
(a) About a mile.
(b) 8-9 miles.
(c) 4-5 miles.
(d) Approximately 3/4 mile.
14. What type of red meat does Brian hope to find to feed the dog?
(d) Small buck deer.
15. What does Brian kill for the dog in Chapter 6?
(a) Ruffed grouse.
(b) Snowshoe rabbit.
(d) Small deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brian shoots him, how many steps does the young buck take before he falls?
2. What dog does Brian mention being in a pack with three or four other dogs and run up on a deer, sheep, or child?
3. How fast is Brian able to paddle when he gets to the lake where he thinks his friends will be?
4. Where does Brian think the dog might have come from?
5. After shooting the deer, how far is it to Brian's camp?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)