|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Brian add to his fish stew?
2. Where does Brian find the dog's tracks?
(a) Under a bush.
(b) By a creek.
(c) In soft mud.
(d) In soft sand.
3. How many fish does Brian catch while his other food cooks?
4. In Chapter 6 as the day warms up, what insects become active.
5. What is the general flow of lakes in the north country?
(b) North or northwest.
(d) South or southeast.
6. What dog does Brian mention being in a pack with three or four other dogs and run up on a deer, sheep, or child?
(a) German Shepherd.
(d) Pit bull.
7. How long does Brian think it will take to cross the lake where he believes his friends are?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) Little more than an hour
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) About a half an hour.
8. Where does Brian put the pelt he skins in Chapter 6?
(a) On a bush.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Over a rock.
(d) In the canoe.
9. At first, what animal does Brian believe could have caused the dog's wound?
(c) Mountain lion.
10. As Brian is stalking the deer, what almost startles the deer into running?
(a) Prairie dog.
11. What has Brian seen a bear throw through the air looking for grub worms?
(c) Small tree.
(d) Quarter-ton log.
12. How far from the fire does the dog rest after Brian tends to her wound?
(a) 4-5 feet.
(b) 6-7 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) 3 feet.
13. What author who wrote about the bush does Brian think of after the dog's wound is sewn together?
(a) Louis L'Amour.
(b) Jack London.
(c) Ernest Thompson Seton.
(d) Clarke Irwin.
14. How much can wolves eat in a single meal?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 9 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
15. What type of canoes do the Cree use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian kill for the dog in Chapter 6?
2. What size are the bluegills and sunfish that Brian hunts after killing food for the dog?
3. What type of weapons did the Cree family that Brian stayed with use?
4. How far out does Brian circle before he sees the dog's tracks?
5. What shape is the lake where the Cree camp is?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)