|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dog does Brian mention being in a pack with three or four other dogs and run up on a deer, sheep, or child?
(b) German Shepherd.
(d) Pit bull.
2. In Chapter 8, how much of the deer does the dog eat in one sitting?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 3 pounds.
3. What does Brian consider boiling up some to sterilize the dog's wound?
4. How many of the moose that Brian sees during the day in Chapter 7 would have been easy kills?
5. How many fish does Brian catch in the evening in Chapter 7?
6. After tending the dog, at first light, what does Brian fix?
7. After the arrow goes straight through the young buck, how far does it land from the buck?
(a) 5-7 feet.
(b) 10-12 feet.
(c) 17 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
8. In Chapter 6 as the day warms up, what insects become active.
9. How far does Brian paddle in Chapter 7 before the dog falls asleep?
(a) 5 yards.
(b) 20 yards.
(c) 50 yards.
(d) 30 yards.
10. How close does Brian get to the young buck before he shoots?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 30-40 yards.
(d) 15-20 yards.
11. How long does Brian believe that the deer hide will last after he rolls it up?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 3-4 days.
(c) 1-2 days.
(d) 24 hours.
12. How many stitches are sewn across the top of the wound?
13. How far from the fire does the dog rest after Brian tends to her wound?
(a) 4-5 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 6-7 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
14. What does Brian hope to catch with lures made from the pelt he skins?
15. How long is the dog's wound?
(a) About 2 feet.
(b) 6 inches.
(c) A foot and a half.
(d) 20 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. After shooting the deer, how far is it to Brian's camp?
2. At first, what animal does Brian believe could have caused the dog's wound?
3. From the sparse sign he finds, from what direction does Brian believe that the dog came from?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Brian decide to put on the dog's wound?
5. Toward evening in Chapter 7, what type of fish does Brian catch?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)