|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Brian discover had a recipe where they baked pike and served it on a platter blue from the fish slime?
2. When Brian hears a high-pitched screeeeee, what bird does he hear?
(a) Falcon or Eagle.
(c) Hawk or eagle.
3. What branch of the military used the type of knife that Brian's knife resembles?
(d) Air Force.
4. How many matches does Brian use to start a fire?
5. What type of moon does Brian see in Chapter 4?
(b) New moon.
(c) Last quarter.
6. How many minutes does it take Brian to cook the fish he caught in Chapter 2?
7. What time of year are mosquitoes worse in the north?
8. How old was Susan when she got a small scar trying to fire a high-powered rifle?
9. During Brian's first wilderness experience, what animal had kept a bear away from Brian?
10. What does Brian's knife resemble?
(a) Boot knife.
11. How much does a large bull moose weigh?
(a) 1,600 to 1,700 pounds.
(b) 1,800 pounds.
(c) 1,400 to 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,300 pounds.
12. What does Brian do with the remains of the fish he eats?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Saves it to catch more fish.
(c) Puts it in the lake..
(d) Throws it in a thicket.
13. How long does it take Brian to turn his canoe around when he is pursuing a fish in Chapter 2?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 18 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 7 minutes.
14. What is Brian wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Just jeans.
(b) Just shorts.
(c) Short-sleeved shirt and jeans.
(d) T-shirt and shorts.
15. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
(a) 15-20 feet.
(b) 60 feet.
(c) 45 feet.
(d) 25-30 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Polarfleece pullovers does Brian have?
2. What sound awakens Brian in Chapter 4?
3. How many pairs of moccasins does Brian have?
4. How much nylon line does Brian have?
5. In Chapter 1, what bird does Brian hear off to his left?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)