|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
(a) 60 feet.
(b) 15-20 feet.
(c) 25-30 feet.
(d) 45 feet.
2. During Brian's first winter in the bush, how long did he live with a trapping family he met?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. Who did Brian discover had a recipe where they baked pike and served it on a platter blue from the fish slime?
4. How old was Susan when she got a small scar trying to fire a high-powered rifle?
5. How weight is Brian's sleeping bag?
(a) 2 pounds.
(b) 4 pounds.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) 3 pounds.
6. How many days did Brian survive in the wilderness with nothing but a hatchet?
7. In Chapter 1 in the area where Brian is, where do all the rivers pour into?
(a) Chamcook Lake.
(b) Lake Athabasca.
(c) Clearwater Lake.
(d) Lake Winnipeg.
8. How much does a large bull moose weigh?
(a) 1,300 pounds.
(b) 1,600 to 1,700 pounds.
(c) 1,400 to 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,800 pounds.
9. What is Brian wearing in Chapter 2?
(a) Short-sleeved shirt and jeans.
(b) Just shorts.
(c) T-shirt and shorts.
(d) Just jeans.
10. In Chapter 2, what type of fish does Brian patiently hunt and kill?
(b) Tiger Musky.
(c) Smallmouth bass.
(d) Northern pike.
11. What does Brian do with the remains of the fish he eats?
(a) Puts it in the lake..
(b) Throws it in a thicket.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Saves it to catch more fish.
12. When Brian hears a high-pitched screeeeee, what bird does he hear?
(b) Falcon or Eagle.
(c) Hawk or eagle.
13. How often does Brian like to check his gear?
(a) A couple times a week.
(b) At least once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) At least once a day.
14. How long ago had Brian been involved in his first wilderness experience?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
15. What sound awakens Brian in Chapter 4?
(a) Twig snapping.
(b) Wind blowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brian bring to drink in the wilderness?
2. When he checks his gear, what does Brian check first?
3. When was a book published that Brian found on the Internet that had been put out for farmers and hunters and trappers?
4. What does Brian use for a pillow?
5. What is Brian dreaming about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)