|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of gloves does Brian have?
2. What sound awakens Brian in Chapter 4?
(b) Wind blowing.
(c) Twig snapping.
3. What type of moon does Brian see in Chapter 4?
(b) Last quarter.
(c) New moon.
4. To what temperature will Brian's sleeping bag keep him warm?
(a) 5 degrees.
(b) 10 above.
(c) 20 degrees.
(d) 10 below.
5. How much does Brian estimate that a moose weighs in Chapter 1?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 1,200 pounds.
(c) 1,000 to 1,500 pounds.
(d) 600 to 700 pounds.
6. How big is the ice hole through which polar bears pull seals?
(a) 34 inches.
(b) 12 inches.
(c) 22 inches.
(d) 6 inches.
7. What are Brian's paddles made of?
(c) Composite material.
(d) Carbon fiber.
8. How old was Brian when he crashed in the wilderness?
9. What fish does Brian believe he will find in a small lake?
(a) Smallmouth and pike.
(d) Sunfish and bluegills.
10. During Brian's first winter in the bush, how long did he live with a trapping family he met?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
11. What might a seal weigh?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
12. How many Polarfleece pullovers does Brian have?
13. What type of axe does Brian have?
(a) Steel spike axe.
(b) Combat axe.
(c) Double-edged cruiser axe.
(d) Throwing axe.
14. How many hot meals will Brian eat a day?
15. During Brian's first wilderness experience, what animal had kept a bear away from Brian?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes does it take Brian to cook the fish he caught in Chapter 2?
2. What type of dog does Brian find in Chapter 4?
3. What does Brian listen to as he drifts off to sleep at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Brian do with the remains of the fish he eats?
5. What is the draw of Brian's bow?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)