|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year are mosquitoes worse in the north?
2. What is Brian's canoe made from?.
3. How often does Brian like to check his gear?
(a) At least once a week.
(b) A couple times a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) At least once a day.
4. How many pairs of moccasins does Brian have?
5. How many minutes does it take Brian to cook the fish he caught in Chapter 2?
6. According to a book Brian read, what creature has the most nutritional value and protein?
7. How many spare strings does Brian have for his bow?
8. What type of dog does Brian find in Chapter 4?
(a) Malamute cross.
(b) Tahitan bear.
(d) Samoyed mixed breed.
9. Where on the lake does Brian believe he will find fish?
(a) In open water.
(b) Among grasses.
(c) Near pondweed and floating heart.
(d) In the reeds and lily pads.
10. In Chapter 1, approximately how far is Brian from the Smallhorn summer camp?
(a) 58 miles.
(b) 47 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
11. How much does Brian estimate that a moose weighs in Chapter 1?
(a) 1,200 pounds.
(b) 1,000 to 1,500 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 600 to 700 pounds.
12. How big is the ice hole through which polar bears pull seals?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 34 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 22 inches.
13. When Brian hears a high-pitched screeeeee, what bird does he hear?
(a) Hawk or eagle.
(d) Falcon or Eagle.
14. What does Brian hope to observe on the lakes with his monocular?
(b) Eagle's nests.
(d) Eggs hatching.
15. How many matches does Brian use to start a fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Brian's bow pull?
2. How many pairs of gloves does Brian have?
3. What does Susan Smallhorn's Indian name mean?
4. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
5. In Chapter 1 in the area where Brian is, where do all the rivers pour into?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)