|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog does Brian find in Chapter 4?
(a) Malamute cross.
(c) Samoyed mixed breed.
(d) Tahitan bear.
2. What did Brian bring to drink in the wilderness?
3. How many pairs of gloves does Brian have?
4. How much does Brian's bow pull?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 45 pounds.
(c) 55 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
5. What does Brian use for a pillow?
(a) Camp pillow.
(b) Pair of pants.
(c) Tarp-covered cargo.
6. What might a seal weigh?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
7. What season is it when Brian returns to the wilderness?
(b) Early spring.
(d) High summer.
8. What does Brian listen to as he drifts off to sleep at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What type of bird once took food from Brian's hand?
10. What sound awakens Brian in Chapter 4?
(b) Twig snapping.
(c) Wind blowing.
11. How wide is the grapnel hook that Brian uses to anchor his canoe?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 8 inches.
(c) 2 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
12. What type of gloves did Brian bring?
(b) Black leather.
(d) Brown jersey.
13. How many Polarfleece pullovers does Brian have?
14. What is the draw of Brian's bow?
(a) 41 inches.
(b) 26 inches.
(c) 33 inches.
(d) 15 inches.
15. How much does a large bull moose weigh?
(a) 1,600 to 1,700 pounds.
(b) 1,800 pounds.
(c) 1,400 to 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,300 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
2. How long does it take Brian to turn his canoe around when he is pursuing a fish in Chapter 2?
3. What is Brian's canoe made from?.
4. How deep is the water where Brian catches his fish in Chapter 2?
5. What are Brian's paddles made of?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)