|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian think the dog might have come from?
(a) A nearby town.
(b) A trapper or Indian camp.
(c) A plane wreck.
(d) Hunters left her behind.
2. What does Brian consider boiling up some to sterilize the dog's wound?
3. When Brian hears a high-pitched screeeeee, what bird does he hear?
(a) Hawk or eagle.
(b) Falcon or Eagle.
4. What does Brian kill for the dog in Chapter 6?
(a) Ruffed grouse.
(b) Small deer.
(c) Snowshoe rabbit.
5. What animal does Brian finally decide must have caused the dog's injury?
(c) Mountain lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog Brian sees in Chapter 4 have a shiny patch on its body?
2. How deep is the water where Brian catches his fish in Chapter 2?
3. During what season is it easiest to find tracks?
4. Where does Brian pull the canoe to the shore when he moves closer to the dog?
5. At first, what animal does Brian believe could have caused the dog's wound?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)