|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep are most of the glacier-carved lakes in the north?
(a) 15-20 feet.
(b) 25-30 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 45 feet.
2. Where does the dog Brian sees in Chapter 4 have a shiny patch on its body?
(a) Left flank.
3. How much pressure per square inch, even in a moderate dog, could the molars exert?
(a) 3000 pounds.
(b) 1500 pounds.
(c) 2200 pounds.
(d) 2600 pounds.
4. Where does Brian think the dog might have come from?
(a) Hunters left her behind.
(b) A trapper or Indian camp.
(c) A plane wreck.
(d) A nearby town.
5. How many days did Brian survive in the wilderness with nothing but a hatchet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much does the dog weigh?
2. How big is the ice hole through which polar bears pull seals?
3. What does Susan Smallhorn's Indian name mean?
4. When Brian hears a high-pitched screeeeee, what bird does he hear?
5. How deep is the water where Brian catches his fish in Chapter 2?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)