Chapters 1 and 2
• It is late summer, and Brian is back in the wilderness he loves.
• He travels in a canoe with more supplies than he had during his previous wilderness experience.
• He has packed food, a cook set, and matches.
• As he paddles his canoe, he remembers his first wilderness experience.
• He was the passenger in a small plane when the pilot died of a heart attack.
• When the plane crashed into a lake, Brian was left to survive alone.
• Brian considers how he has matured since that experience two years ago.
• Brian watches wildlife and considers hunting a moose.
• Brian remembers the family he stayed with after his wilderness experience.
• They were Cree Indians.
• The family included David and Anne Smallhorn and their children, who were away at school when Brian met them.
• Brian is headed to the Smallhorn camp approximately 30 miles from his current location.
This section contains 1,514 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)