|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ is fifteen volumes of Brecht's writings published by Kiepenheuer, Berlin.
2. What does Brecht say was a characteristic of actors in theatre of his time?
(a) They were money-driven.
(b) They were gods.
(c) They were panic-driven.
(d) They were war mongers.
3. _____ are Brecht's collected plays in twelve volumes by Surhkamp and by Aufbau from 1953 and after.
(b) Epischen Theater.
4. When asked who Brecht wrote for in "Conversations with Bert Brecht", he said that he wrote for people who wanted to have fun and didn't hesitate to keep their _____ on in the theatre.
5. Where was Theaterarbeit published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brecht praise Georg Kaiser for?
2. What does Brecht say was Wedekind's finest characteristic?
3. Who was the interviewer in "Conversations with Bert Brecht"?
4. Who wrote the play, Konjunktur?
5. What example does Brecht use to explain his concept of art following reality in "On Form and Subject Matter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What innovations happened as a result of writing the book?
2. What has the translation tried to convey?
3. What is the distinction between learning and amusing oneself in the theatre?
4. What did Brecht see as the role of Fate in film?
5. What does Brecht tell Mr. X about the eternal urge to see of a play?
6. How does Brecht say that Capitalism operates?
7. How does Brecht compare his relationship with art and science?
8. Why does Brecht use the example of 'leave-taking' in "A Dialogue about Acting" and what does he mean by it?
9. What songs did Brecht sing with Wedekind and what were they about?
10. What was the function of the big canvas at the back of the stage in the production of Die Mutter?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)