|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lehrstucke are Brecht's _____ works.
2. Who wrote Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts?
(a) Werner Hecht.
(b) Helene Weigel.
(c) Helge Hultberg.
3. What is the name of Peter Lorre's character, the packer in Mann ist Mann?
(b) Gay Gay.
(d) Ton Ton.
4. Brecht describes the Aristotelian play as essentially _____.
5. Which cartoonist contributed drawings for Schweik?
(a) Rötger Feldmann.
(b) Geor Grosz.
(c) Otto Nückel.
(d) David Füleki.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brecht mention in association with London theatre when he talks about the theatre centers of the world?
2. Brecht states that concern with subject and concern with form are _____.
3. Where dramatic theatre emphasizes plot, epic theatre emphasizes _____.
4. _____ is two volumes of collected plays published by Malik Verlag, London.
5. What were the left-wing Socialists called in Brecht's time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Brecht see as the role of Fate in film?
2. How did Wedekind present his last work, Herakles?
3. Compare the function of music in dramatic opera to epic opera.
4. What has the translation tried to convey?
5. What does Brecht say about inviting small guest companies to perform in the Augsberg theater?
6. What does Brecht say about the mediocrity of German theatre?
7. What is Germany's role in the development of theatre in 1929?
8. Why does Brecht use the example of 'leave-taking' in "A Dialogue about Acting" and what does he mean by it?
9. What advantages did Brecht feel the theatre had in Germany before he went into exile?
10. What was the function of the big canvas at the back of the stage in the production of Die Mutter?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)