|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brecht give an explanation of Ber Flug der Lindberghs in 1929?
(a) The Kleist Prize ceremony.
(b) The Hague.
(c) In London.
(d) The Baden-Baden music festival.
2. Major form is designed to realize material for _____, according to Brecht.
(b) The masses.
(c) The short run.
(d) The times.
3. What sort of approach does Brecht say the opera Mahagonny adopts?
(a) A pedantic approach.
(b) A didactic approach.
(c) A hedonistic approach.
(d) A communal approach.
4. What does Brecht say was Wedekind's finest characteristic?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His cantakerous nature.
(c) His aplomb.
(d) His vitality.
5. What does the word 'Spass' mean in German?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
2. Who starred in City Lights?
3. What does Brecht praise Georg Kaiser for?
4. In what year did Brecht die?
5. Brecht states that "A theatre which makes no contact with the public is _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Threepenny Opera concerned with?
2. Why does Brecht use the example of 'leave-taking' in "A Dialogue about Acting" and what does he mean by it?
3. What is the relationship between a theatre and a play?
4. What is the objective of epic drama compared to pseudo-classical German drama?
5. How does Brecht define a scapegoat and who incurs the wrath the most in theatre?
6. What does Brecht tell Mr. X about the eternal urge to see of a play?
7. How does Brecht say that Capitalism operates?
8. Why does Brecht write that there is nothing at all new about epic theater?
9. How is the Flier's part in Der Flug der Lindberghs pedaegogical?
10. Why have cuts been made in some of Brecht's essays in this book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)