|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality of horsemen are depicted in Christ Carrying the Cross?
2. The expressionism of the postwar period showed the World as Will and Idea and led to a special kind of _____.
3. Brecht states that it is not the job of the Marxist-Leninist party to organize production of poetry as on a _____.
(a) Tomato farm.
(b) Factory floor.
(c) Ford assembly line.
(d) Poultry farm.
4. In terms of aesthetics, Galileo spoke of the elegance of certain _____.
(a) Fundamentalist tendencies.
(b) External techniques.
5. After the moral and material collapse of Germany, the country had a vague appetite for _____.
(b) Aleatoric elements.
6. For the prologue in Neher's Antigone, a _____ is lowered on wires.
(a) White wall.
(b) White horse.
(c) Lost woman.
(d) Roman column.
7. Where did the production of Galileo go in December, 1947?
(a) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
8. The sight of the _____behind a completely empty stage creates the illusion of a flat landscape with a huge sky.
9. The rapid decline of artistic methods under the Nazis seemed to Brecht to have take place _____.
(a) As a result of bombings.
(b) In Berlin only.
(d) Under scrutiny.
10. What does Der Messingkauf mean in German?
(a) The Messy House.
(b) Taking Chance.
(c) Buying Brass.
(d) Twinkle Star.
11. The Berliner Ensemble didn't believe in cutting new actors off from _____.
(a) Print media.
(b) Marxist propaganda.
(c) Real life.
(d) Bourgeois values.
12. How is the dialogue divided in Der Messingkauf?
(a) Into sixty chapters.
(b) Into three years.
(c) Into seventeen stanzas.
(d) Into four nights.
13. How does Brecht describe the confusion of styles present in European theatre in his time?
(a) As Epic.
(b) As harmless.
(c) As sophisticated.
(d) As Babylonian.
14. Epic theatre strives to achieve a character rather than a _____.
15. Where was Das Wort published?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Life of Galileo, Richard Gloster courts _____.
2. _____ means intelligible to the broad masses.
3. What were the colors used to develop the color scheme for morning in Galileo?
4. Who spoke in 1826 of the inadequacy of the English wooden stage of Shakespeare's day?
5. Woyzeck buys a _____ in order to do his wife in.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)