|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The expressionism of the postwar period showed the World as Will and Idea and led to a special kind of _____.
2. What nationality of horsemen are depicted in Christ Carrying the Cross?
3. The main episodes were roughly and provisionally translated into movements during the _____.
(a) Positioning rehearsal.
(b) Opening rehearsal.
(c) Rehearsal of details.
(d) Set rehearsal.
4. The actor first masters his character by mastering the _____.
5. The criteria of the popular and the realistic need to be chosen with great care and _____.
(a) An open mind.
(b) High expectations.
(c) No expectation.
(d) A big wallet.
6. _____ is a lament to man's failure to understand the laws governing his life in society.
(a) The Threepenny Opera.
(c) Die Mutter.
7. Who puts himself at the Philosopher's disposal in Der Messingkauf?
(a) The Actress.
(b) The Dramaturg.
(c) The Electrician.
(d) The Actor.
8. Getting louder when increasing_____ is one of Brechts 'common tendencies for actors to guard against'.
9. Speech of outstanding _____ is discouraged in epic theatre.
10. The pomp of _____ has a hollow gest.
11. When did Brecht address the all-German cultural congress?
12. Piscator's theater was characterized as the most _____ theatre.
13. When asked if Katzgraben is a play with a message, Brecht replies that _____ is a play with a message.
(a) Goethe's Faust.
(b) Shakespeare's King Lear.
(c) Wolf's Cyankali.
(d) Shaw's Pygmalion.
14. In Piscator's Threepenny Opera, the _____elements were built in.
15. What is Brueghel's great war painting called?
(a) Dulle Griet.
(b) The Fall of Icarus.
(c) The Archangel Michael.
(d) The Conversion of Saul.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Berliner Ensemble didn't believe in cutting new actors off from _____.
2. The historical conditions of a play must not be imagined as _____.
3. What color are the canvases in Neher's Antigone?
4. How is the dialogue divided in Der Messingkauf?
5. Where did the first production of Galileo take place?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)