|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brecht characterize the bourgeois theatre that conjures up illusions about life?
2. Brecht calls realistic acting _____ acting.
(a) Rabbit hole.
(c) Window pane.
3. Brecht states that the farmer was not aware throughout the centuries of his need for _____.
(a) The car.
4. Art, to Brecht, addresses all alike and would confront the tiger its _____.
5. Where is the Schiffbauerdamm theatre located?
6. An artist from _____ made sketches for Laughton of Galileo.
(a) The Royal Academie of Arts.
(c) Hannah Barbera.
(d) The Sorbonne.
7. The criteria of the popular and the realistic need to be chosen with great care and _____.
(a) High expectations.
(b) No expectation.
(c) An open mind.
(d) A big wallet.
8. Getting louder when increasing_____ is one of Brechts 'common tendencies for actors to guard against'.
9. In Life of Galileo, the child's true mother is found by means of a _____.
(a) Chalk circle.
(b) Ouija board.
(d) Native totem.
10. Brecht states that it is not the job of the Marxist-Leninist party to organize production of poetry as on a _____.
(a) Factory floor.
(b) Tomato farm.
(c) Poultry farm.
(d) Ford assembly line.
11. Who spoke in 1826 of the inadequacy of the English wooden stage of Shakespeare's day?
12. What needs to be alienated in epic theatre depends on the _____ demanded by the entire episode.
(a) Character position.
(c) Prop position.
13. _____temperament in epic theatre is discouraged.
14. Brecht categorizes the ruling classes in Hamlet as _____.
15. Literary works cannot be taken over like _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sight of the _____behind a completely empty stage creates the illusion of a flat landscape with a huge sky.
2. After the moral and material collapse of Germany, the country had a vague appetite for _____.
3. Length of scene was settled during _____.
4. Where did the production of Galileo go in December, 1947?
5. For the prologue in Neher's Antigone, a _____ is lowered on wires.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)