|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An artist from _____ made sketches for Laughton of Galileo.
(a) The Royal Academie of Arts.
(b) Hannah Barbera.
(c) The Sorbonne.
2. Literary works cannot be taken over like _____.
3. Getting louder when increasing_____ is one of Brechts 'common tendencies for actors to guard against'.
4. The Berliner Ensemble didn't believe in cutting new actors off from _____.
(a) Print media.
(b) Real life.
(c) Bourgeois values.
(d) Marxist propaganda.
5. Where had Mother Courage first been produced?
(a) New York.
6. What signified a broad flow of popular musical elements into modern music?
(b) New Age.
7. When asked if Katzgraben is a play with a message, Brecht replies that _____ is a play with a message.
(a) Wolf's Cyankali.
(b) Goethe's Faust.
(c) Shaw's Pygmalion.
(d) Shakespeare's King Lear.
8. Epic theatre strives to achieve a character rather than a _____.
9. Laughton gave readings of _____ at Brecht's house.
10. The main episodes were roughly and provisionally translated into movements during the _____.
(a) Positioning rehearsal.
(b) Opening rehearsal.
(c) Set rehearsal.
(d) Rehearsal of details.
11. The poet's words in epic theatre are only sacred so far as they are _____.
12. When did Brecht address the all-German cultural congress?
13. In terms of aesthetics, Galileo spoke of the elegance of certain _____.
(b) Fundamentalist tendencies.
(c) External techniques.
14. _____temperament in epic theatre is discouraged.
15. After the moral and material collapse of Germany, the country had a vague appetite for _____.
(b) Aleatoric elements.
Short Answer Questions
1. A masterly use of _____ can be seen in Chinese acting.
2. Where did the first production of Galileo take place?
3. The sight of the _____behind a completely empty stage creates the illusion of a flat landscape with a huge sky.
4. What were the colors used to develop the color scheme for morning in Galileo?
5. Brecht states that art is no Land of _____.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)