|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1933-1947 (Exile: Scandinavia, USA), Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which work by Goethe was better as a book than a theatrical production, according to Brecht?
(a) Der Zauberlehrling.
(b) Iphigenie auf Tauris.
(d) Der Erlkönig.
2. Die Mutter is a piece of anti-metaphysical, materialistic, _____drama.
3. _____ is two volumes of collected plays published by Malik Verlag, London.
(a) Gesammelte Werke.
(c) Schriffen zum Theater.
4. Piscator's Theater am Nollendorfplatz was based on _____ principles.
5. Brecht states in "On Form and Subject Matter" that difficulties are not mastered by _____.
(a) Throwing oneself against a brick wall.
(b) Practice alone.
(c) Denying them.
(d) Keeping silent about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brecht describe the flesh and bones resistance to formula in the Threepenny Opera?
2. _____ are Brecht's collected poems.
3. What were the left-wing Socialists called in Brecht's time?
4. Brecht states that "A theatre which makes no contact with the public is _____."
5. What does Brecht call the new style of acting that happened as a result of the Threepenny Opera?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)