|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1933-1947 (Exile: Scandinavia, USA), Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The translator's notes in number 37 give a provisional account of the most important of Brecht's _____.
(a) Theoretical works.
(c) Personal favorites.
(d) Fact-finding notes.
2. The goal of epic theatre is less to moralize than to _____.
3. Piscator's Theater am Nollendorfplatz was based on _____ principles.
4. How does Brecht describe the flesh and bones resistance to formula in the Threepenny Opera?
(a) As pure socialism.
(b) As a diversion technique.
(c) As Baconian materialism.
(d) As trivial.
5. What sort of approach does Brecht say the opera Mahagonny adopts?
(a) A didactic approach.
(b) A hedonistic approach.
(c) A pedantic approach.
(d) A communal approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theatre became an affair for _____ in light of the changes made by the ideals of epic theatre.
2. Which cartoonist contributed drawings for Schweik?
3. Brecht states that when an actor sings, he undergoes a change of _____.
4. Brecht says actors should act for an audience of _____.
5. The organization of this book is _____.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)