|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1948-1956 (Berlin), Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The criteria of the popular and the realistic need to be chosen with great care and _____.
(a) An open mind.
(b) No expectation.
(c) A big wallet.
(d) High expectations.
2. In Life of Galileo, the child's true mother is found by means of a _____.
(a) Ouija board.
(b) Chalk circle.
(c) Native totem.
3. The actor masters his character by paying critical attention to its _____.
(a) Patterns of speech.
(b) Manifold utterances.
(d) Dialectic inflections.
4. _____ means intelligible to the broad masses.
5. Where was The Road to Life made?
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Mother Courage first been produced?
2. The sight of the _____behind a completely empty stage creates the illusion of a flat landscape with a huge sky.
3. What needs to be alienated in epic theatre depends on the _____ demanded by the entire episode.
4. An artist from _____ made sketches for Laughton of Galileo.
5. What does Brecht call people who came to the theatre to get their cockles warmed in "Conversations with Bert Brecht"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)