|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1948-1956 (Berlin), Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ are Brecht's collected plays in twelve volumes by Surhkamp and by Aufbau from 1953 and after.
(d) Epischen Theater.
2. _____ with a character should be treated as just another method of observation in rehearsals.
3. Who starred in City Lights?
(a) Peter Lorre.
(b) Errol Flynn.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) John Huston.
4. What needs to be alienated in epic theatre depends on the _____ demanded by the entire episode.
(a) Character position.
(c) Prop position.
5. _____ is a lament to man's failure to understand the laws governing his life in society.
(a) Die Mutter.
(b) The Threepenny Opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brecht describe the setting of the Threepenny Opera?
2. Piscator's Theater am Nollendorfplatz was based on _____ principles.
3. What does Brecht call people who came to the theatre to get their cockles warmed in "Conversations with Bert Brecht"?
4. Brecht categorizes the ruling classes in Hamlet as _____.
5. Brecht describes the Aristotelian play as essentially _____.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)