|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1933-1947 (Exile: Scandinavia, USA), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brecht categorize opera?
(a) As culinary.
(b) As holistic.
(c) As trashy.
(d) As holy.
2. Brecht felt that in the great American comedies, the human being is presented as _____.
(a) A tyrant.
(b) An oracle.
(c) An animal.
(d) An object.
3. In one of Brecht's examples of how projections were used, projections of warships being launched were running while two characters were fighting over _____.
(a) An Albanian oil field.
(b) A Rhineland winery.
(c) A woman.
(d) A penny.
4. In reference to film, Brecht felt that the mechanization of literary production cannot be _____.
(a) Thrown off a cliff.
(b) Thrown into reverse.
5. Who was the best-known composer that Brecht worked with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main task of epic theatre?
2. _____ is a lament to man's failure to understand the laws governing his life in society.
3. Like Tolstoy and Strindberg, Brecht says that Wedekind was one of the greatest _____ of modern Europe.
4. The pomp of _____ has a hollow gest.
5. Who wrote the play, Konjunktur?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)