|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1933-1947 (Exile: Scandinavia, USA), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of opera does Brecht think the public adores?
(a) Its truth.
(b) Its backwardness.
(c) Its lavishness.
(d) Its music.
2. Die Mutter is a piece of anti-metaphysical, materialistic, _____drama.
3. Who was in charge of Das Wort?
4. Who does Brecht mention in association with London theatre when he talks about the theatre centers of the world?
5. How does Brecht say that the opera, the stage, and the press impose their views on the public?
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Brecht use to explain his concept of art following reality in "On Form and Subject Matter"?
2. Theatre became an affair for _____ in light of the changes made by the ideals of epic theatre.
3. What is the Marxist phrase for the whole body of art, ideas, and morality of any given society?
4. In "Shouldn't We Abolish Aesthetics?", Brecht hopes that _____ would be the death of their existing drama.
5. How did Brecht characterize Shaw's work in "A Catching Infection: Fun"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)