|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1933-1947 (Exile: Scandinavia, USA), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the pseudo-classical German point of view, the first prison scene in the Threepenny Opera is a/an _____.
(b) Plot point.
(c) Establishing scene.
(d) Major event.
2. Brecht states in "On Form and Subject Matter" that difficulties are not mastered by _____.
(a) Throwing oneself against a brick wall.
(b) Keeping silent about them.
(c) Denying them.
(d) Practice alone.
3. The criteria of the popular and the realistic need to be chosen with great care and _____.
(a) High expectations.
(b) A big wallet.
(c) An open mind.
(d) No expectation.
4. What is the Marxist phrase for the whole body of art, ideas, and morality of any given society?
(a) Brain circus.
(b) Social inherent tendencies.
(c) Cohesive collective thought.
(d) Ideological superstructure.
5. What were the left-wing Socialists called in Brecht's time?
(a) The Collective.
(b) The Strong Arm Society.
(c) The NKVD.
(d) The USPD.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
2. Which cartoonist contributed drawings for Schweik?
3. Where was the epic production of Mann ist Mann starring Peter Lorre performed?
4. In "Last Stage: Oedipus", Brecht says that the future of Germany's theatre is _____.
5. Brecht states that a film's needing human interest is equivalent to saying that it has got to be _____.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)