|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira show Leroy?
2. What does Maggie wonder about?
3. What does Serena miss?
4. What is the truth about Jesse?
5. What will Serena have to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Much of the book is based on reliving memories between the characters. How do memories affect our actions?
2. Where do you record your memories?
3. How do you keep them alive?
4. How do we keep memories alive in our greater culture?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the structure of the novel.
2. How does Tyler choose to set everything up and how is it pertinent to the story?
3. How do the flashbacks work into the structure of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)