|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona reveal about her present situation?
2. What does Maggie wonder about Fiona?
3. How does Leroy act when she sees her grandparents?
4. Who finds Jesse and Fiona together in Jesse's bedroom?
5. What does Ira refuse to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What kind of friendship do Serena and Maggie have?
2. Describe times where Maggie acts as a good friend to Serena.
3. Is it the kind of friendship that you would hope you and your closest friend would have?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
Essay Topic 3
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)