|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena miss?
2. Why is Ira so upset?
3. Have women always been attracted to him?
4. How is the trip to the store?
5. What does Maggie do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
Essay Topic 2
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie often wonders about what could have been. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?
1. What are some happenings that Maggie wishes were different in her life?
2. How can Maggie make those changes now?
3. What is it about Maggie's personality that makes her unable to accept her life?
4. Being unsatisfied with ones life or personal projects can be extremely draining and depressing. Do you think that Maggie ever exhibits these qualities in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)