|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie wonder about?
2. What will Serena have to make?
3. What did Maggie assume that the old man wanted to happen at the end of his life?
4. Was Jesse very popular?
5. What is Jesse like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What kind of friendship do Serena and Maggie have?
2. Describe times where Maggie acts as a good friend to Serena.
3. Is it the kind of friendship that you would hope you and your closest friend would have?
Essay Topic 2
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define intangible.
2. Do you think it is easy to only want the intangible things before death?
3. What are some intangible things you appreciate in your life now?
4. How can Americans give up wanting the tangible parts of life?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)