|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was loosing Fiona and Leroy like?
2. What did Maggie help Fiona with?
3. What does Maggie wish Leroy could do?
4. What does Daisy need help with?
5. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
Essay Topic 3
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)