|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the trip to the store?
2. What is Ira doing while Maggie packs up the fried chicken?
3. What did Maggie assume that the old man wanted to happen at the end of his life?
4. What does Maggie do?
5. What did Jesse do on Ira's birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Much of the book is based on reliving memories between the characters. How do memories affect our actions?
2. Where do you record your memories?
3. How do you keep them alive?
4. How do we keep memories alive in our greater culture?
Essay Topic 2
1. Jesse seems to be the bane of Ira's existence.
2. Do you agree with the statement?
3. Does it seem like Jesse is trying to achieve more for himself and for his life?
4. Why do you think Fiona wanted Jesse back?
5. Why was it not the other way around?
Essay Topic 3
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)