|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie feel as she speaks to Serena?
2. What does Serena miss?
3. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
4. What is Jesse doing with his life?
5. What is Ira doing while Maggie packs up the fried chicken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Where does the book take place? Name the settings.
2. What significant event happens at each setting?
3. Describe and explain the events of the story.
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
Essay Topic 3
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)