|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maggie to Fiona?
2. Have women always been attracted to him?
3. What has Fiona been looking for upstairs?
4. Maggie watches ___________ pass by as they drive
5. What did Maggie help Fiona with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 3
1. How has Maggie's friendship affected Serena's life?
2. Describe this, listing the times when Maggie helped Serena through a difficult occurrence.
3. Compare Maggie to a friend that you might have.
4. How are they similar or different?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)