|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
2. Maggie is always afraid of _____.
3. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
4. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
5. What does he do with most of his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
2. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
3. What does Maggie learn from her day?
4. How did Ira and Maggie meet?
5. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
6. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
7. What about those who do not choose to sing?
8. Do they decide to help the person in need?
9. Where does Serena find Ira and Maggie?
10. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this?
2. How did you over come her feelings?
3. Who helped her through the time?
4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
Essay Topic 2
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
Essay Topic 3
1. Where does the book take place? Name the settings.
2. What significant event happens at each setting?
3. Describe and explain the events of the story.
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)