|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
2. What does Ira think of other people?
3. What time was very important to Serena?
4. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
5. What is Serena like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Serena mad?
2. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
3. How does Ira feel about his granddaughter?
4. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
5. What does Ira's dissatisfaction with life come from?
6. Who has passed away?
7. What ailed Ira's sisters?
8. How does Ira react when he learns that Fiona and Leroy are coming for a visit?
9. How did Ira and Maggie meet?
10. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How is Maggie a loving and caring wife, mother, and friend?
2. Give specific instances of her character.
3. How is this different than her son?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
Essay Topic 3
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)