|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena feel uneasy?
2. What is Maggie to Ira?
3. Why is Maggie so upset?
4. Why do they decide to help the old man?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
2. What ailed Ira's sisters?
3. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
4. Who has passed away?
5. Does Ira love his children?
6. Who does Maggie share her concerns with when they make a pit stop?
7. What does Ira's dissatisfaction with life come from?
8. Why is Serena mad?
9. What is Breathing Lessons the story of?
10. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define what an aspiration is to you.
2. Where do you see them taking you in your life?
3. Do you think that the significance of goals is determined by society?
4. What are typical American goals, compares to another country?
5. Do you think our culture sets the goals we might have for ourselves in our lives?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the structure of the novel.
2. How does Tyler choose to set everything up and how is it pertinent to the story?
3. How do the flashbacks work into the structure of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)