|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was very important to Serena?
2. What does Maggie do for Ira?
3. Why is their relationship essential to Ira?
4. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
5. What does Maggie demand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
2. Why is Serena mad?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What kind of person is Ira?
5. What does Serena think about those who sing?
6. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
7. What causes Maggie to crash the car? What does Maggie want in her life?
8. Why is Maggie so happy at the end of this section?
9. How does Ira feel about his granddaughter?
10. What is Serena dressed as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How has Maggie's friendship affected Serena's life?
2. Describe this, listing the times when Maggie helped Serena through a difficult occurrence.
3. Compare Maggie to a friend that you might have.
4. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why does Maggie feel such a strong connection to Fiona?
2. What does this say about Maggie's personality?
3. Why does she feel such an intense need to connect with Fiona and Leroy?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define intangible.
2. Do you think it is easy to only want the intangible things before death?
3. What are some intangible things you appreciate in your life now?
4. How can Americans give up wanting the tangible parts of life?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)