|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone go after the funeral?
2. Who does Serena wish was at the funeral?
3. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
4. What does Maggie demand?
5. What movie do they watch at Serena's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jesse treat Fiona after they married?
2. What does the couple hear on the radio?
3. What two things are Maggie shocked by when she arrives at Fiona's?
4. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
5. Why did Fiona want to visit in the first place?
6. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
7. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
8. What kind of person is Ira?
9. Why did Fiona ask for a divorce?
10. What does Maggie wish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe Jesse's character.
2. How has he been a disappointment to his family?
3. Why is he so different than everyone else?
4. Does Maggie blame herself for their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
1. Why does Maggie feel such a strong connection to Fiona?
2. What does this say about Maggie's personality?
3. Why does she feel such an intense need to connect with Fiona and Leroy?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)