|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
2. What is Maggie to Ira?
3. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
4. Why does this make Ira happy?
5. What breaks Maggie's heart about Ira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What song do they sing?
2. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
3. Where does everyone go after the funeral?
4. What kind of person is Ira?
5. What is Leroy's favorite food?
6. What does Maggie wish?
7. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
8. Do they decide to help the person in need?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What two things are Maggie shocked by when she arrives at Fiona's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Where does the book take place? Name the settings.
2. What significant event happens at each setting?
3. Describe and explain the events of the story.
Essay Topic 2
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Jesse's character.
2. How has he been a disappointment to his family?
3. Why is he so different than everyone else?
4. Does Maggie blame herself for their relationship?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)