|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this section show of Serena?
2. Who does Maggie see at Serena's house?
3. What is Serena like?
4. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
5. What does Maggie think of the request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
2. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
3. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
4. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
5. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
6. How was Jesse different from Ira?
7. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
8. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
9. What is Leroy's favorite food?
10. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define intangible.
2. Do you think it is easy to only want the intangible things before death?
3. What are some intangible things you appreciate in your life now?
4. How can Americans give up wanting the tangible parts of life?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 3
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)