|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they encounter on the highway?
2. What breaks Maggie's heart about Ira?
3. Serena never wants to _______ anyone.
4. What was Ira's dream?
5. What is Ira in the midst of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
2. What sets them back from leaving on time?
3. Why did Fiona want to visit in the first place?
4. What does Maggie wish?
5. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
6. What does the couple hear on the radio?
7. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
8. How did Jesse treat Fiona after they married?
9. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
10. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define intangible.
2. Do you think it is easy to only want the intangible things before death?
3. What are some intangible things you appreciate in your life now?
4. How can Americans give up wanting the tangible parts of life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)