Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
2. What day of the week does the story start?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
2. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
5. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
6. Does Ira love his children?
7. Who has passed away?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
Essay Topic 2
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie often wonders about what could have been. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?
1. What are some happenings that Maggie wishes were different in her life?
2. How can Maggie make those changes now?
3. What is it about Maggie's personality that makes her unable to accept her life?
4. Being unsatisfied with ones life or personal projects can be extremely draining and depressing. Do you think that Maggie ever exhibits these qualities in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)