|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maggie is always afraid of _____.
2. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
3. Who does Maggie hear on the radio?
4. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
5. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What song do they sing?
2. Why does this remind her of Serena?
3. What sets them back from leaving on time?
4. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
5. How does Ira feel about his granddaughter?
6. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
7. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
8. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
9. What does Maggie learn from her day?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Jesse's character.
2. How has he been a disappointment to his family?
3. Why is he so different than everyone else?
4. Does Maggie blame herself for their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
1. How has Maggie's friendship affected Serena's life?
2. Describe this, listing the times when Maggie helped Serena through a difficult occurrence.
3. Compare Maggie to a friend that you might have.
4. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)