|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie deal with her mood?
2. Why does Ira scold Maggie?
3. Why doesn't Ira want to see Leroy?
4. Where do they crash?
5. What ambitions did Boris have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
2. Why is Maggie so happy at the end of this section?
3. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
4. What kept Ira from going to medical school ?
5. Who does Maggie share her concerns with when they make a pit stop?
6. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
7. Do they decide to help the person in need?
8. What does Serena think about those who sing?
9. What does Maggie always wear?
10. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How has Maggie's friendship affected Serena's life?
2. Describe this, listing the times when Maggie helped Serena through a difficult occurrence.
3. Compare Maggie to a friend that you might have.
4. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 2
1. Much of the book is based on reliving memories between the characters. How do memories affect our actions?
2. Where do you record your memories?
3. How do you keep them alive?
4. How do we keep memories alive in our greater culture?
Essay Topic 3
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)