|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira in the midst of?
2. Where do they crash?
3. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
4. Serena never wants to _______ anyone.
5. What does Maggie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about those who do not choose to sing?
2. What is the time frame of the novel?
3. Who does the couple encounter on the highway in Part 2 of the novel?
4. Why is the couple traveling out of town?
5. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
6. What is Breathing Lessons the story of?
7. How did Jesse treat Fiona after they married?
8. Do they decide to help the person in need?
9. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
10. What kind of person is Ira?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define what an aspiration is to you.
2. Where do you see them taking you in your life?
3. Do you think that the significance of goals is determined by society?
4. What are typical American goals, compares to another country?
5. Do you think our culture sets the goals we might have for ourselves in our lives?
Essay Topic 2
1. How is Maggie a loving and caring wife, mother, and friend?
2. Give specific instances of her character.
3. How is this different than her son?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this?
2. How did you over come her feelings?
3. Who helped her through the time?
4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)