|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie begin to imagine?
2. What did everyone assume would happen with their relationship?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Where do they take the shaken old man?
5. What movie do they watch at Serena's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fiona ask for a divorce?
2. What sets them back from leaving on time?
3. Who does the couple encounter on the highway in Part 2 of the novel?
4. Why is Maggie so happy at the end of this section?
5. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
6. What does Maggie want Ira to allow?
7. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
8. What is Serena dressed as?
9. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
10. Why is Serena mad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How is Maggie a loving and caring wife, mother, and friend?
2. Give specific instances of her character.
3. How is this different than her son?
Essay Topic 2
1. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this?
2. How did you over come her feelings?
3. Who helped her through the time?
4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
Essay Topic 3
1. Jesse seems to be the bane of Ira's existence.
2. Do you agree with the statement?
3. Does it seem like Jesse is trying to achieve more for himself and for his life?
4. Why do you think Fiona wanted Jesse back?
5. Why was it not the other way around?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)