|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is their relationship essential to Ira?
2. How old is Ira?
3. What does Serena wear to the wedding?
4. What is Ira in the midst of?
5. What does Maggie begin to think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
2. What does Maggie learn from her day?
3. Who does the couple encounter on the highway in Part 2 of the novel?
4. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
5. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
6. Why did Fiona ask for a divorce?
7. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
8. Why does this remind her of Serena?
9. What does Serena think about those who sing?
10. How does Ira feel about his granddaughter?
Essay Topic 1
1. What kind of friendship do Serena and Maggie have?
2. Describe times where Maggie acts as a good friend to Serena.
3. Is it the kind of friendship that you would hope you and your closest friend would have?
Essay Topic 2
1. How is Maggie a loving and caring wife, mother, and friend?
2. Give specific instances of her character.
3. How is this different than her son?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie often wonders about what could have been. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?
1. What are some happenings that Maggie wishes were different in her life?
2. How can Maggie make those changes now?
3. What is it about Maggie's personality that makes her unable to accept her life?
4. Being unsatisfied with ones life or personal projects can be extremely draining and depressing. Do you think that Maggie ever exhibits these qualities in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)