|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Ira treated by his parents?
2. What does Maggie begin to imagine?
3. What does Serena ask of Ira and Maggie?
4. What has happened to Maggie?
5. What breaks Maggie's heart about Ira?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Serena find Ira and Maggie?
2. What kept Ira from going to medical school ?
3. How did Ira and Maggie meet?
4. What does the couple hear on the radio?
5. What does Serena think about those who sing?
6. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
7. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
8. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
9. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
10. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define what an aspiration is to you.
2. Where do you see them taking you in your life?
3. Do you think that the significance of goals is determined by society?
4. What are typical American goals, compares to another country?
5. Do you think our culture sets the goals we might have for ourselves in our lives?
Essay Topic 2
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
Essay Topic 3
1. Why does Maggie feel such a strong connection to Fiona?
2. What does this say about Maggie's personality?
3. Why does she feel such an intense need to connect with Fiona and Leroy?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)