Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
2. What day of the week does the story start?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
2. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
5. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
6. Does Ira love his children?
7. Who has passed away?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Essay Topic 1
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
Essay Topic 2
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
Essay Topic 3
1. How is Maggie a loving and caring wife, mother, and friend?
2. Give specific instances of her character.
3. How is this different than her son?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)