|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they crash?
2. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
3. Who joins Maggie to sing?
4. What do they encounter on the highway?
5. Who does Maggie see at Serena's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fiona want to visit in the first place?
2. What sets them back from leaving on time?
3. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
4. Why is the couple traveling out of town?
5. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
6. What does Maggie learn from her day?
7. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
8. What is the time frame of the novel?
9. How was Jesse different from Ira?
10. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. The theme of control occurs repeatedly in this book. Describe a time where Maggie tries to control everything.
2. How does Maggie's character exemplify the need to control?
3. How does Ira's?
4. How does Ira pacify Maggie so that she will not control so much? How does Maggie do this for Ira?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)