Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
2. What day of the week does the story start?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
2. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
5. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
6. Does Ira love his children?
7. Who has passed away?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 2
1. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this?
2. How did you over come her feelings?
3. Who helped her through the time?
4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
Essay Topic 3
1. Much of the book is based on reliving memories between the characters. How do memories affect our actions?
2. Where do you record your memories?
3. How do you keep them alive?
4. How do we keep memories alive in our greater culture?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)