Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
2. What day of the week does the story start?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
2. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
5. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
6. Does Ira love his children?
7. Who has passed away?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe the structure of the novel.
2. How does Tyler choose to set everything up and how is it pertinent to the story?
3. How do the flashbacks work into the structure of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe Jesse's character.
2. How has he been a disappointment to his family?
3. Why is he so different than everyone else?
4. Does Maggie blame herself for their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
1. Where does the book take place? Name the settings.
2. What significant event happens at each setting?
3. Describe and explain the events of the story.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)