|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this section show of Serena?
2. Who is Leroy?
3. Why does Serena feel uneasy?
4. Where does the couple stop in Chapter I?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breathing Lessons the story of?
2. Why is the couple traveling out of town?
3. What is Leroy's favorite food?
4. What kept Ira from going to medical school ?
5. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
6. Why did Fiona ask for a divorce?
7. What does Maggie learn from her day?
8. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
9. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
10. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe the structure of the novel.
2. How does Tyler choose to set everything up and how is it pertinent to the story?
3. How do the flashbacks work into the structure of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1. How has Maggie's friendship affected Serena's life?
2. Describe this, listing the times when Maggie helped Serena through a difficult occurrence.
3. Compare Maggie to a friend that you might have.
4. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
1. The theme of Regret reoccurs often in the book.
2. If you were Maggie, what would you regret?
3. What about Ira?
4. How would you change either characters life so that there were no regrets?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)