|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
2. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
3. What does Serena demand?
4. How does Maggie feel about her ex-classmates?
5. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
2. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
3. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
4. What is the time frame of the novel?
5. What is Leroy's favorite food?
6. Who has passed away?
7. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
8. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
9. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
10. What does Ira's dissatisfaction with life come from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 11. Describe the structure of the novel. 2. How does Tyler choose to set everything up and how is it pertinent to the story? 3. How do the flashbacks work into the structure of the novel?
Essay Topic 21. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this? 2. How did you over come her feelings? 3. Who helped her through the time? 4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
Essay Topic 31. Where does the book take place? Name the settings. 2. What significant event happens at each setting? 3. Describe and explain the events of the story.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)