|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Maggie so mad?
2. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
3. What is Serena like?
4. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
5. What does Maggie do for Ira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
2. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
3. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
4. How did Jesse treat Fiona after they married?
5. What does Maggie wish?
6. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
7. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
8. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
9. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
10. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Define intangible.
2. Do you think it is easy to only want the intangible things before death?
3. What are some intangible things you appreciate in your life now?
4. How can Americans give up wanting the tangible parts of life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fiona and Jesse and then describe:
1. Do you think the marriage between the two would ever work, even if Jesse had been available?
2. How would Jesse have needed to change to love Fiona correctly?
3. What would Fiona have needed to accept about Jesse to make him love her?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define what an aspiration is to you.
2. Where do you see them taking you in your life?
3. Do you think that the significance of goals is determined by society?
4. What are typical American goals, compares to another country?
5. Do you think our culture sets the goals we might have for ourselves in our lives?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)