Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
2. What day of the week does the story start?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
5. What is sung at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie think is not appropriate?
2. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
3. What did Maggie do to try to see Leroy?
4. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
5. Does Maggie think Fiona still loves Jesse?
6. Does Ira love his children?
7. Who has passed away?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Does Fiona's mother try to stop her from leaving with the Morans?
10. What does Maggie always wear?
Essay Topic 1
1. Define post postpartum depression. Does it sound like Fiona went through this?
2. How did you over come her feelings?
3. Who helped her through the time?
4. Why wasn't Fiona's mother around to help her?
Essay Topic 2
1. Define what an aspiration is to you.
2. Where do you see them taking you in your life?
3. Do you think that the significance of goals is determined by society?
4. What are typical American goals, compares to another country?
5. Do you think our culture sets the goals we might have for ourselves in our lives?
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Jesse's character.
2. How has he been a disappointment to his family?
3. Why is he so different than everyone else?
4. Does Maggie blame herself for their relationship?
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)