|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
2. What does Maggie begin to imagine?
3. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
4. What was Ira's dream?
5. What does Maggie begin to think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiona reveal to Maggie?
2. What two things are Maggie shocked by when she arrives at Fiona's?
3. What does Maggie beg of Fiona?
4. Why is the couple traveling out of town?
5. Does Maggie have a deep connect with Jesse?
6. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
7. What kind of person is Ira?
8. What is the time frame of the novel?
9. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
10. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Leroy. Is she the typical tomboy?
2. If so, define what a tomboy is.
3. How can Leroy connect with her grandmother?
4. Even though they do not live in the same area of the US?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the settings of the novel.
2. Where do the most important moments take place?
3. Why do they happen where they happen?
4. Is that setting impertinent to telling the story?.
Essay Topic 3
1. How is Maggie and Ira's life symbolic of the journey they take together in the novel?
2. Would you say that life is a journey that we embark in alone?
3. It is then our choice to pick a partner for the ride?
4. How is the drive from Baltimore and back symbolic of their relationship?
5. Is it important that the whole book happens in one day?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)