|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the two fall in love with each other?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. How does Maggie feel about her ex-classmates?
(b) Jealousy about their lives.
(c) Impatience and disbelief.
(d) Excitment to see them.
3. What do they encounter on the highway?
(a) An animal running across the road.
(b) An erratic driver.
(c) An old, kind woman.
(d) A lot of traffic.
4. What movie do they watch at Serena's house?
(a) A bat mitzvah.
(b) An anniversary party.
(c) Serena and Mike's wedding.
(d) A baptism.
5. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
(a) Their personality difference.
(b) They obviously do not love each other.
(c) Their quest for mutual happiness.
(d) Their love for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ira feel about Maggie?
2. How does Ira feel about Serena's situation?
3. What day of the week does the story start?
4. What did everyone assume would happen with their relationship?
5. What do Maggie's blundering behavior and accidents reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person is Ira?
2. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
3. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
4. Was Fiona's pregnancy difficult?
5. What is Breathing Lessons the story of?
6. Who tries to stop Fiona from coming on her visit?
7. Why is Maggie so happy at the end of this section?
8. Who does the couple encounter on the highway in Part 2 of the novel?
9. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
10. What does Maggie wish?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)