|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
(c) No, because he does not have money to stay the night.
(d) Yes, because he needs a rest for the night.
2. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) The hotel owner.
(b) The hostess.
(c) An attractive man.
(d) A waitress.
3. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
(a) That they are the first to arrive.
(b) They are the only ones to bring a gift.
(c) No one is crying - it makes him uncomfortable.
(d) He and Maggie have made up .
4. What ambitions did Boris have?
(a) To be a lawyer.
(c) Move to NYC.
(d) To be a great artist.
5. What movie do they watch at Serena's house?
(a) An anniversary party.
(b) A bat mitzvah.
(c) Serena and Mike's wedding.
(d) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
2. What does Maggie do?
3. How does he feel about his children?
4. What does he do with most of his time?
5. What does Serena wear to the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the man at the nursing home describe to Maggie?
2. Where does Serena find Ira and Maggie?
3. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
4. What two things are Maggie shocked by when she arrives at Fiona's?
5. What does Serena think about those who sing?
6. What kind of ambitions did Boris have?
7. What does Maggie wish?
8. What is the time frame of the novel?
9. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
10. What does Ira spend most of his time doing?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)