|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
(a) That they are the first to arrive.
(b) He and Maggie have made up .
(c) They are the only ones to bring a gift.
(d) No one is crying - it makes him uncomfortable.
2. What does Maggie notice at the end of the movie?
(a) Her friends are gossiping.
(b) No one is speaking.
(c) That Ira has left.
(d) Serena is crying.
3. Where do they crash?
(a) Onto a median.
(b) Into a wall.
(c) Into a ditch.
(d) Into another car.
4. What does Serena demand?
(a) That someone buy her food.
(b) That they leave the house.
(c) That everyone leave her house.
(d) That she get some sympathy.
5. What or who does Ira not want to concern himself with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what period of time does the story take place?
2. What is Ira in the midst of?
3. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
4. Where does everyone go after the funeral?
5. What does Serena wear to the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Maggie to crash the car? What does Maggie want in her life?
2. Why does this remind her of Serena?
3. What does Maggie wish?
4. Does Ira love his children?
5. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
6. What kind of person is Ira?
7. What does Serena think about those who sing?
8. Does Maggie join in on the signing?
9. Why did Fiona want to visit in the first place?
10. Why is the couple traveling out of town?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)