|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie think of the request?
(a) That it is inappropriate.
(b) It is ecentric like her friend.
(c) That she hates singing in front of people, a thoughtful way to remember Max.
(d) That Ira will hate it .
2. How does Maggie deal with her mood?
(a) Continues to talk.
(b) Makes sarcastic remarks to him.
(c) Yells at Ira.
(d) Is silent.
3. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
(a) The two had classes together.
(b) They joined a soccer team.
(c) They joined the same church choir.
(d) Ira pursued Maggie.
4. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
(a) Working out a commonplace marriage.
(b) Improving one's life.
(c) Life lessons from the view of an elderly person.
(d) Finding yourself.
5. What do they encounter on the highway?
(a) A lot of traffic.
(b) An animal running across the road.
(c) An erratic driver.
(d) An old, kind woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Maggie dating before Ira?
2. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
3. What or who does Ira not want to concern himself with?
4. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
5. Whose funeral are they attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Jesse popular with women?
2. Who does Maggie see as she arrives?
3. Do they decide to help the person in need?
4. Does Serena forgive Maggie?
5. What does the couple hear on the radio?
6. What does Jesse reveal as his ex wife and daughter arrive?
7. What causes Maggie to crash the car? What does Maggie want in her life?
8. Why was Maggie so fond of Fiona?
9. Was Fiona's pregnancy difficult?
10. Why does Maggie want Leroy to live with them?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)