|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she drop her request?
(a) She will bring it up later.
(b) Fiona will never consent.
(c) Leroy does not wish to leave her mom.
(d) Because Ira outright denies it.
2. What else does Maggie remember?
(a) Her salsa dancing days.
(b) Reading on the beach .
(c) The first kitten she and Ira had together.
(d) The family's first dog .
3. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Hopeful for what is to come.
(b) Spiteful towards Ira.
(c) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
4. Why does Fiona decide to have the baby?
(a) She can live with the Morans.
(b) It will make Jesse stay with her .
(c) She really wanted a baby all along.
(d) To make the Morans love her.
5. Where does Maggie park?
(a) In front of Mighty Valu.
(b) At the back of the parking lot.
(c) In a handicap spot.
(d) Across the street.
6. What does Maggie tell Fiona?
(a) How to get Jesse back .
(b) That she is devasted by the divorce.
(c) She wishes she could see them more.
(d) That Jesse wants her back.
7. What does Maggie veto?
(a) Getting vegetables.
(b) Buying chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Checking out.
(d) Ira's choice of cheap ice cream.
8. Who ruins Maggie's plans?
(a) Fiona's job.
(b) Ira refuses to let them come.
(c) Leroy - she does not want to go.
(d) Fiona's mother.
9. What is the truth about Jesse?
(a) He still loves Fiona.
(b) He is living with another woman.
(c) He is broke.
(d) He has been in jail .
10. How does Maggie feel?
(a) Upset with Jesse.
(c) Crazed by her family.
(d) As though she should not have interfered in the first place.
11. What is Ira doing while Maggie packs up the fried chicken?
(a) Playing solitare.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) playing board games.
(d) Surfing the internet.
12. What happens at the grocery store?
(a) Maggie and Ira start singing.
(b) Everyone begins telling jokes.
(c) They begin fighting.
(d) They dance down the aisles.
13. What does Maggie realize?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) Money can buy happiness.
(c) That relationships are signified by small tokens.
(d) She misses her kids.
14. What can't Maggie break?
(a) Her bond with Fiona.
(b) Her love for her son.
(c) He desire for the family to be one.
(d) Her memories of Leroy.
15. Fiona becomes upset and does what?
(a) Leaves the outing in the family's van.
(b) Flees to her old room.
(c) Goes off to be alone.
(d) Demands to be taken home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ira so upset?
2. What happens to the van?
3. What does Maggie wonder about Fiona?
4. What happened when Jesse quit high school?
5. What has Fiona been looking for upstairs?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)