|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Maggie invite to dinner?
2. What happens to the van?
(a) The bumper is gone.
(b) It has a smahed tailight.
(c) Its paint is scratched.
(d) It has a broken back window.
3. What bothers Maggie?
(a) Her mediocre life.
(b) Ira's insolence.
(c) Her children dont love her.
(d) A silent home.
4. What does Serena miss?
(a) Having a friend.
(b) Her husband's money .
(c) The touch of a man.
(d) Having someone to share everything with.
5. What does Maggie do?
(a) Crashes into Fiona's car.
(b) Yells at Ira.
(c) Hit the mailbox with the van.
(d) Break her window.
6. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(a) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
(b) Hopeful for what is to come.
(c) Spiteful towards Ira.
7. Did Jesse finish high school?
(a) No, he got kicked out.
(b) Yes, but just barely.
(c) No, he dropped out.
(d) Yes, he did with great grades.
8. What does Maggie notice?
(a) They actually live in an apartment.
(b) The shabby surroundings of the house.
(c) Fiona is homeless.
(d) How nice the house is.
9. What does Maggie remember as the car speeds along the Pennsylvania highway?
(a) Jesse's infidelity.
(b) The time after Fiona left Leroy.
(c) Leroy's face.
(d) When Leroy was born.
10. What do they decide to eat?
(a) Fried chicken and ice cream.
(b) A salad.
(c) Italian pasta.
(d) Mexican food.
11. Who talked Fiona out of having an abortion?
(a) Fiona's mother.
12. What does Maggie think of her husband and son?
(a) They are completely different.
(b) She wishes they could connect.
(c) They don't love one another.
(d) They don't love her.
13. What is Fiona reminded of from her new visitor?
(a) How much she misses Maggie.
(b) She thinks it will be awful for Fiona to go.
(c) That Jesse Moran caused her nothing but pain.
(d) That Fiona should try to get back with the family.
14. What did Maggie help Fiona with?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Learning to cook.
(c) A bout of depression.
(d) A difficult pregnancy.
15. Why does she drop her request?
(a) Leroy does not wish to leave her mom.
(b) Because Ira outright denies it.
(c) Fiona will never consent.
(d) She will bring it up later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ira doing while Maggie packs up the fried chicken?
2. What does Maggie tell Fiona?
3. What is Fiona's current job?
4. Why is Maggie relieved?
5. What is the truth about Jesse?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)