|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fiona reminded of from her new visitor?
(a) How much she misses Maggie.
(b) She thinks it will be awful for Fiona to go.
(c) That Fiona should try to get back with the family.
(d) That Jesse Moran caused her nothing but pain.
2. What does it stop Maggie and Ira from doing?
(a) Going home.
(c) Loving each other.
(d) Making up.
3. What has Fiona been looking for upstairs?
(a) One of her old books.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Some of Leroy's things.
(d) Her turtle soapdish.
4. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Spiteful towards Ira.
(c) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
(d) Hopeful for what is to come.
5. What does Maggie want back right at that moment?
(a) That first kitten .
(b) Her family back.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new dog.
6. What does Maggie realize?
(a) That relationships are signified by small tokens.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) Money can buy happiness.
(d) She misses her kids.
7. How does Maggie feel?
(a) Upset with Jesse.
(c) Crazed by her family.
(d) As though she should not have interfered in the first place.
8. What is Fiona studying?
(a) To be a hair stylist.
(c) To be a nail stylist.
(d) To be a massage therpist.
9. What does Ira show Leroy?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to play scrable.
(c) How to throw a frisbee.
(d) How to play football.
10. Was Jesse very popular?
(a) Yes, he always had firends around.
(b) No, because he did not attend school.
(c) No, he was considered a loser.
(d) Yes, because he was very attractive.
11. Does Maggie think that Jesse ever connected with her?
(a) No. He is very selfish.
(b) No, because she sees herself as so boring.
(c) Yes, because she connected with Daisy.
(d) Yes, because she loves him so much.
12. Fiona becomes upset and does what?
(a) Goes off to be alone.
(b) Flees to her old room.
(c) Leaves the outing in the family's van.
(d) Demands to be taken home.
13. What does Maggie feel as she speaks to Serena?
(a) She is scared.
(d) Sorrow for her friend.
14. What does Maggie wear everyday?
(a) A necklace from her children.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her father's watch, as well as her own.
(d) A bracelet from her grandmother.
15. What does Serena think of the apology?
(a) She has actually already forgiven Maggie.
(b) It is a bad one.
(c) Maggie refuses to apologize.
(d) She does not accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the memory?
2. Who finds Jesse and Fiona together in Jesse's bedroom?
3. Who talked Fiona out of having an abortion?
4. What does Maggie remember as the car speeds along the Pennsylvania highway?
5. What can't Maggie break?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)