|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Maggie?
(a) Ira's insolence.
(b) Her mediocre life.
(c) A silent home.
(d) Her children dont love her.
2. What will Serena have to make?
(a) An offer on another house
(b) Many adjustments to her life.
(c) A will.
(d) Changes to her schedule.
3. What is Fiona reminded of from her new visitor?
(a) That Jesse Moran caused her nothing but pain.
(b) That Fiona should try to get back with the family.
(c) How much she misses Maggie.
(d) She thinks it will be awful for Fiona to go.
4. What does Ira show Leroy?
(a) How to throw a frisbee.
(b) How to dance.
(c) How to play football.
(d) How to play scrable.
5. What harms Fiona and Jesse's relationship?
(a) Not communicating.
(b) Marrying too young.
(c) The difficult pregnancy.
(d) Their parents.
6. Why is Maggie relieved?
(a) She will be in Leroy's life.
(b) She thinks Fiona and Jesse might have a chance to get back together.
(c) She wants to be in Fiona's life.
(d) She is happy they are moving away.
7. Who finds Jesse and Fiona together in Jesse's bedroom?
8. What is Jesse like?
(a) Unconventional, spontaneous.
(b) Kind, considerate.
(c) Intelligent and quick on his feet.
9. Why does Fiona decide to have the baby?
(a) To make the Morans love her.
(b) It will make Jesse stay with her .
(c) She really wanted a baby all along.
(d) She can live with the Morans.
10. What does Maggie do?
(a) Hit the mailbox with the van.
(b) Break her window.
(c) Yells at Ira.
(d) Crashes into Fiona's car.
11. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Spiteful towards Ira.
(b) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
(d) Hopeful for what is to come.
12. What does Maggie remember about Jesse?
(a) She could never entertain him.
(b) She misses her young son.
(c) How she could never comfort him.
(d) What a collicy baby he was.
13. How does Ira feel about the visit?
(b) Shocked and outraged.
14. What would Maggie do in hopes of seeing her granddaughter?
(a) Try to disguise herself and sit in her parked car in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Leroy.
(b) Send letters.
(c) Call every day.
(d) Write long, loving emails.
15. What does Maggie wonder about?
(a) Will she gove to heaven.
(b) How to get a new husband.
(c) If she died what would others return to her.
(d) How to make her husband love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Maggie think that Jesse ever connected with her?
2. Was Jesse very popular?
3. What does Maggie insist?
4. Does Jesse like his new job?
5. What did Maggie assume that the old man wanted to happen at the end of his life?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)