|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse doing with his life?
(a) Going to art school .
(b) Nothing, he has no job.
(c) Working at a record store.
(d) Selling items on the internet.
2. Does Maggie think that Jesse ever connected with her?
(a) Yes, because she loves him so much.
(b) No. He is very selfish.
(c) No, because she sees herself as so boring.
(d) Yes, because she connected with Daisy.
3. Why does she drop her request?
(a) She will bring it up later.
(b) Leroy does not wish to leave her mom.
(c) Fiona will never consent.
(d) Because Ira outright denies it.
4. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(b) Hopeful for what is to come.
(c) Spiteful towards Ira.
(d) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
5. What will Serena have to make?
(a) Many adjustments to her life.
(b) Changes to her schedule.
(c) A will.
(d) An offer on another house
6. How does Leroy act when she sees her grandparents?
(a) Hurt because they have not seen her in a while.
(d) Does not recognize them.
7. What is Fiona's current job?
(a) A grocery bagger.
(b) Hair washer at a salon.
(c) A bank teller.
(d) A nail stylist.
8. What does Maggie notice?
(a) How nice the house is.
(b) Fiona is homeless.
(c) The shabby surroundings of the house.
(d) They actually live in an apartment.
9. Who ruins Maggie's plans?
(a) Leroy - she does not want to go.
(b) Fiona's job.
(c) Fiona's mother.
(d) Ira refuses to let them come.
10. What does the watch remind Maggie of?
(a) It simply tells her the time.
(b) A sad time she had with Serena.
(c) It reminds her of her mother.
(d) A good time she had with Ira.
11. What was Maggie to Fiona?
(a) A friend.
(b) A second mother.
(c) A birth coach.
(d) A mother-in-law.
12. What would Maggie do in hopes of seeing her granddaughter?
(a) Send letters.
(b) Try to disguise herself and sit in her parked car in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Leroy.
(c) Write long, loving emails.
(d) Call every day.
13. What does Maggie insist?
(a) That Fiona and Leroy come to visit for the weekend.
(b) That Fiona's mother butt out of their business.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Fiona get a new apartment.
14. What does Maggie remember about Jesse?
(a) She could never entertain him.
(b) She misses her young son.
(c) What a collicy baby he was.
(d) How she could never comfort him.
15. What does Fiona look for as she greets Maggie and Ira?
(b) A present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesse like?
2. What does Ira show Leroy?
3. What token does Maggie specifically remember?
4. What happens next?
5. Did Jesse finish high school?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)