|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maggie remembers an ____________ from the nursing home.
(a) fellow nurse
(c) old man
(d) activities director
2. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(b) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
(c) Hopeful for what is to come.
(d) Spiteful towards Ira.
3. Does Jesse like his new job?
(a) No, he is always late and disrespectful.
(b) No, it is just to pass the time.
(c) Yes, but it does not fufill him.
(d) Yes it fufills him.
4. What is Fiona studying?
(b) To be a massage therpist.
(c) To be a nail stylist.
(d) To be a hair stylist.
5. What does Maggie tell Fiona?
(a) How to get Jesse back .
(b) That Jesse wants her back.
(c) She wishes she could see them more.
(d) That she is devasted by the divorce.
6. Who talked Fiona out of having an abortion?
(c) Fiona's mother.
7. Why is Ira so upset?
(a) The plans for the day have completely changed.
(b) He does not want things to work out for Jesse.
(c) He does not want Fiona in his house.
(d) He does not wish to force anything on Fiona.
8. What does Maggie wonder about Fiona?
(a) Where Leroy will go to school.
(b) If she is dating someone else.
(c) How she can raise her child alone.
(d) If her new job will support them.
9. What does Serena miss?
(a) Having someone to share everything with.
(b) Her husband's money .
(c) Having a friend.
(d) The touch of a man.
10. What does Maggie wear everyday?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) A necklace from her children.
(c) Her father's watch, as well as her own.
(d) A bracelet from her grandmother.
11. What does it stop Maggie and Ira from doing?
(b) Loving each other.
(c) Making up.
(d) Going home.
12. What happens at the grocery store?
(a) They begin fighting.
(b) Everyone begins telling jokes.
(c) Maggie and Ira start singing.
(d) They dance down the aisles.
13. What can't Maggie break?
(a) Her love for her son.
(b) He desire for the family to be one.
(c) Her bond with Fiona.
(d) Her memories of Leroy.
14. Who else does Maggie invite to dinner?
15. What does Fiona admit?
(a) She wants to move across the country.
(b) She does not want to live with Maggie.
(c) That she still loves Jesse and propabaly always will.
(d) She is thrilled to live with Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira think about the fact that Jesse did not graduate?
2. What will Serena have to make?
3. Was Jesse very popular?
4. What does Ira refuse to do?
5. What does Maggie think of her husband and son?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)