|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fiona reminded of from her new visitor?
(a) She thinks it will be awful for Fiona to go.
(b) That Fiona should try to get back with the family.
(c) That Jesse Moran caused her nothing but pain.
(d) How much she misses Maggie.
2. Did Jesse finish high school?
(a) No, he dropped out.
(b) No, he got kicked out.
(c) Yes, but just barely.
(d) Yes, he did with great grades.
3. What will Serena have to make?
(a) A will.
(b) Changes to her schedule.
(c) Many adjustments to her life.
(d) An offer on another house
4. What has Fiona been looking for upstairs?
(a) Some of Leroy's things.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her turtle soapdish.
(d) One of her old books.
5. What does Maggie realize?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She misses her kids.
(c) Money can buy happiness.
(d) That relationships are signified by small tokens.
6. Who finds Jesse and Fiona together in Jesse's bedroom?
7. How does Maggie feel?
(a) Upset with Jesse.
(c) Crazed by her family.
(d) As though she should not have interfered in the first place.
8. What does Maggie wear everyday?
(a) A necklace from her children.
(b) A bracelet from her grandmother.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her father's watch, as well as her own.
9. What is the truth about Jesse?
(a) He has been in jail .
(b) He is broke.
(c) He is living with another woman.
(d) He still loves Fiona.
10. What happens next?
(a) Fiona refuses to go.
(b) Leroy begs her mother to go .
(c) Fiona leaves with the Morans.
(d) Fiona and her mother fight.
11. How is Daisy different from Jesse?
(a) She is focused on school.
(b) Extremely intellectual and self sufficent .
(c) She is not ready to get married.
(d) She loves her parents and spends time with them.
12. Why does she drop her request?
(a) Because Ira outright denies it.
(b) Leroy does not wish to leave her mom.
(c) Fiona will never consent.
(d) She will bring it up later.
13. What does Ira show Leroy?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to play football.
(c) How to throw a frisbee.
(d) How to play scrable.
14. What does Maggie do?
(a) Break her window.
(b) Hit the mailbox with the van.
(c) Crashes into Fiona's car.
(d) Yells at Ira.
15. What did Jesse do on Ira's birthday?
(a) Got his father a present.
(b) Upset his dad.
(c) Cursed his parents.
(d) Left to spend time with a girl and his buddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Maggie like?
2. What does Ira think about the fact that Jesse did not graduate?
3. What does Maggie notice?
4. Who ruins Maggie's plans?
5. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)