|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona decide?
(a) To visit her ex in-laws.
(b) Visit her aunt and uncle in Dallas.
(c) Seriously persue her dreams.
(d) To go back home.
2. What is the truth about Jesse?
(a) He still loves Fiona.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He has been in jail .
(d) He is living with another woman.
3. What does Maggie realize?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) That relationships are signified by small tokens.
(c) She misses her kids.
(d) Money can buy happiness.
4. What is Fiona reminded of from her new visitor?
(a) She thinks it will be awful for Fiona to go.
(b) That Fiona should try to get back with the family.
(c) That Jesse Moran caused her nothing but pain.
(d) How much she misses Maggie.
5. What does Maggie often do too much of?
(a) She shares too much with people.
(b) Cares too much for people who don't care for her.
(c) Meddle in other people's affairs .
(d) Interfere with Jesse's life.
6. What does Daisy need help with?
(a) Nothing, she is already packed.
(b) What to wear.
(c) Directions to school.
(d) Her homework.
7. Maggie remembers an ____________ from the nursing home.
(a) fellow nurse
(c) activities director
(d) old man
8. What did Maggie help Fiona with?
(a) A difficult pregnancy.
(b) A bout of depression.
(c) Finding a job.
(d) Learning to cook.
9. What was Maggie to Fiona?
(a) A birth coach.
(b) A friend.
(c) A second mother.
(d) A mother-in-law.
10. What does Maggie feel as she speaks to Serena?
(c) She is scared.
(d) Sorrow for her friend.
11. What does Ira think about the fact that Jesse did not graduate?
(a) He does not care.
(b) Ira wishes that he would have had the chance to decide.
(c) It harmed his chances at furthering his life.
(d) It will hurt him in his future.
12. What bothers Maggie?
(a) Ira's insolence.
(b) A silent home.
(c) Her children dont love her.
(d) Her mediocre life.
13. What does Maggie remember about Jesse?
(a) She misses her young son.
(b) How she could never comfort him.
(c) She could never entertain him.
(d) What a collicy baby he was.
14. Although Maggie cannot be with her granddaughter, how does she feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Hopeful for what is to come.
(c) She never wants to speak with Jesse again.
(d) Spiteful towards Ira.
15. What does Maggie tell Fiona?
(a) That she is devasted by the divorce.
(b) How to get Jesse back .
(c) That Jesse wants her back.
(d) She wishes she could see them more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena think of the apology?
2. What would Maggie like?
3. What does the watch remind Maggie of?
4. What does it stop Maggie and Ira from doing?
5. What will Serena have to make?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)