|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maggie remembers an ____________ from the nursing home.
(a) activities director
(b) old man
(c) fellow nurse
2. Does Maggie think that Jesse ever connected with her?
(a) No. He is very selfish.
(b) Yes, because she loves him so much.
(c) Yes, because she connected with Daisy.
(d) No, because she sees herself as so boring.
3. What does Maggie veto?
(a) Checking out.
(b) Buying chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Ira's choice of cheap ice cream.
(d) Getting vegetables.
4. Maggie watches ___________ pass by as they drive
(a) specialty shops
(b) road kill
(c) road signs
(d) country stores
5. What did Maggie assume that the old man wanted to happen at the end of his life?
(a) Re-live the intangible things.
(b) Live life to the fullest.
(c) Spend all his money .
(d) See all his friends that have passed away.
6. What is Jesse like?
(b) Kind, considerate.
(c) Unconventional, spontaneous.
(d) Intelligent and quick on his feet.
7. What harms Fiona and Jesse's relationship?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The difficult pregnancy.
(c) Marrying too young.
(d) Not communicating.
8. What is the memory?
(a) When Maggie's father died.
(b) Her father giving her the watch.
(c) Her mother getting dressed in the morning.
(d) A time where the two girls tried to find Serena's father.
9. What is Jesse doing with his life?
(a) Selling items on the internet.
(b) Nothing, he has no job.
(c) Going to art school .
(d) Working at a record store.
10. What does Maggie wish Leroy could do?
(a) Live with them for 9 months to go to a better school.
(b) Get Leroy a nice gift.
(c) Have Leroy start dance classes.
(d) Have contact with her father.
11. Why was this sad for Serena?
(a) She wanted her father to be with her mother.
(b) She never knew her father.
(c) Serena was not sad.
(d) Serena felt rejected.
12. Who ruins Maggie's plans?
(a) Ira refuses to let them come.
(b) Fiona's mother.
(c) Leroy - she does not want to go.
(d) Fiona's job.
13. Did Jesse finish high school?
(a) Yes, but just barely.
(b) Yes, he did with great grades.
(c) No, he got kicked out.
(d) No, he dropped out.
14. What happens to the van?
(a) The bumper is gone.
(b) It has a smahed tailight.
(c) It has a broken back window.
(d) Its paint is scratched.
15. What does Maggie wish?
(a) She could loose 20 lbs.
(b) That she would have never given away the dress.
(c) She had her old high school friends.
(d) She could give Fiona and Leroy more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the grocery store?
2. What does Maggie feel as she speaks to Serena?
3. Why does Fiona decide to have the baby?
4. What does Maggie wonder about?
5. What does Fiona reveal about her present situation?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)