|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ira in the midst of?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A dream.
(c) A bout of depression.
(d) A mid life crisis.
2. Why doesn't Ira want to see Leroy?
(a) He knows Fiona will not want them there.
(b) He feels awkward around his granduaghter.
(c) He doesn't think think they should arrive at Fiona's unannounced.
(d) Jesse would not welcome the visit.
3. What is Maggie to Ira?
4. What is sung at the funeral?
(a) I will Remember You.
(b) Love Me Tomorrow.
(c) Love Is a Many Splendored Thing.
(d) Hold Me Now.
5. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
(a) Their personality difference.
(b) Their quest for mutual happiness.
(c) Their love for each other.
(d) They obviously do not love each other.
6. What does Serena wear to the wedding?
(a) All black.
(b) Very high heeled shoes.
(c) A red dress.
(d) A large hat.
7. Who is Leroy?
(a) The hotel owner.
(b) Maggie's lover.
(c) Maggie's granddaughter.
(d) The couple's son.
8. What was Ira like when he and Maggie were in school?
(a) Very popular.
(c) Removed; he had an ill family to support.
9. What does the day remember?
(a) How much Max loved his friends.
(b) Serena's past instead of her husbands.
(c) The beautiful life they had together.
(d) Their children.
10. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
11. What does Serena look like at the funeral?
(a) A hot mess.
(b) Like a Spanish matron.
(c) A gold digger.
(d) A widow.
12. What do they do at Serena's house?
(a) Think about Max.
(b) Talk of old times.
(c) Play games.
(d) Have drinks.
13. How does Maggie feel about her ex-classmates?
(b) Impatience and disbelief.
(c) Excitment to see them.
(d) Jealousy about their lives.
14. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) A year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
15. What does Maggie do for Ira?
(a) Not enough, he wants to leave her.
(b) Pulls him outside of himself.
(c) Makes him angry.
(d) Inspires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie revisit in her memories?
2. What do they encounter on the highway?
3. Why is their relationship essential to Ira?
4. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
5. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)