|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Maggie to sing?
2. Where did Maggie refuse to go after high school graduation?
(a) To NYC.
(b) To study abroad.
(d) On a vacation with Boris.
3. Why was Ira given so little attention?
(a) Ira wanted to be ignored.
(b) His parents did not know how to handle them.
(c) He behaved badly.
(d) Because his two sisters were mentally and emotionally challenged.
4. What ambitions did Boris have?
(a) To be a lawyer.
(b) To be a great artist.
(c) Move to NYC.
5. What does Ira think of other people?
(a) Ira loves hanging around other people and learning about their lives.
(b) No one cares about other people.
(c) That they waste too much time on petty differences.
(d) That they know nothing of the human condition.
6. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
7. Why does Ira scold Maggie?
(a) He does not like that she flirts.
(b) He wants her to talk to him.
(c) He thinks she is being rude.
(d) He is sick of her complaining to the waitress.
8. Serena never wants to _______ anyone.
(c) yell at
9. Why is Maggie so upset?
(a) She thought that Jerry and Fiona would get back together.
(b) She gets into a car accidrnt.
(c) She snashes her nail.
(d) She assumed she would never hear from her again.
10. Was it nice to see old friends?
(a) Sometimes, but they are happy they live far away.
(b) Yes, only to learn about their lives.
(c) No, Ira hates leaving the house.
(d) No, Maggie does not like reminders of her past.
11. Who does Maggie see at Serena's house?
(a) Her ex daughter-in-law.
(b) Many people from high school .
(c) Old enemies.
(d) Her father.
12. What does Maggie do for Ira?
(a) Not enough, he wants to leave her.
(b) Pulls him outside of himself.
(c) Makes him angry.
(d) Inspires him.
13. Who does Serena wish was at the funeral?
(c) No one.
14. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) The hotel owner.
(b) An attractive man.
(c) A waitress.
(d) The hostess.
15. Where do they crash?
(a) Into a ditch.
(b) Onto a median.
(c) Into another car.
(d) Into a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Maggie so mad?
2. How was Ira treated by his parents?
3. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
4. What does the day remember?
5. What does Maggie revisit in her memories?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)