|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
2. What do they encounter on the highway?
(a) An erratic driver.
(b) An old, kind woman.
(c) An animal running across the road.
(d) A lot of traffic.
3. What is Ira in the midst of?
(a) A dream.
(b) A bout of depression.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A mid life crisis.
4. Where do they crash?
(a) Into a wall.
(b) Into another car.
(c) Into a ditch.
(d) Onto a median.
5. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
(a) Their quest for mutual happiness.
(b) They obviously do not love each other.
(c) Their love for each other.
(d) Their personality difference.
6. What ambitions did Boris have?
(a) To be a great artist.
(b) Move to NYC.
(d) To be a lawyer.
7. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
8. Where does the couple stop in Chapter I?
(a) At a motel.
(b) At a roadside cafe.
(c) At a mueseum.
(d) At a local performing arts building.
9. What does Maggie do for Ira?
(a) Pulls him outside of himself.
(b) Not enough, he wants to leave her.
(c) Inspires him.
(d) Makes him angry.
10. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
(a) The two had classes together.
(b) They joined a soccer team.
(c) Ira pursued Maggie.
(d) They joined the same church choir.
11. Why do they decide to go see Fiona?
(a) Because Ira cannot refuse Maggie on this subject.
(b) Ira admits he would like to see Leroy.
(c) Jesse asks them to go.
(d) Maggie threatens to divorce Ira otherwise.
12. What is Maggie to Ira?
13. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
(a) That they are the first to arrive.
(b) No one is crying - it makes him uncomfortable.
(c) They are the only ones to bring a gift.
(d) He and Maggie have made up .
14. Where do Leroy and Fiona live?
(a) In a large metropolitan area.
(b) In the desert.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a tiny town.
15. Why was Ira given so little attention?
(a) His parents did not know how to handle them.
(b) Because his two sisters were mentally and emotionally challenged.
(c) He behaved badly.
(d) Ira wanted to be ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie begin to imagine?
2. Why do they decide to help the old man?
3. What does Serena make a mental note of?
4. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
5. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)