|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) The hostess.
(b) An attractive man.
(c) A waitress.
(d) The hotel owner.
2. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) A year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
3. Where do they take the shaken old man?
(a) To a resturant to get some food.
(b) To a deli.
(c) To a coffee shop.
(d) To his nephew at a service station.
4. Why does this make Ira happy?
(a) He likes to be punctual.
(b) Maggie is sad.
(c) He hate funerals.
(d) No one is mourning Max.
5. What did everyone assume would happen with their relationship?
(a) Boris would go to college.
(b) Maggie would have children.
(c) Maggie would go to college.
(d) Maggie and Boris would get married.
6. Maggie is always afraid of _____.
(a) disappointing any of her friends
(b) hurting Ira's feelings
(c) meeting new people
(d) dating new people
7. What was Ira's dream?
(a) To go to medical school.
(b) He wanted to be a lawyer.
(c) Own his own business.
(d) Get a Master's degree.
8. What does Maggie begin to think about?
(a) How Fiona is.
(b) Where Jesse is.
(c) What her life might have been .
(d) What Ira is thinking .
9. Where does the couple stop in Chapter I?
(a) At a local performing arts building.
(b) At a mueseum.
(c) At a roadside cafe.
(d) At a motel.
10. Why doesn't Ira want to see Leroy?
(a) He knows Fiona will not want them there.
(b) He doesn't think think they should arrive at Fiona's unannounced.
(c) Jesse would not welcome the visit.
(d) He feels awkward around his granduaghter.
11. What does this section show of Serena?
(a) That she loves her freinds.
(b) That she is selfish.
(c) That she is uncaring.
(d) That she misses Max.
12. What is sung at the funeral?
(a) Hold Me Now.
(b) I will Remember You.
(c) Love Is a Many Splendored Thing.
(d) Love Me Tomorrow.
13. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
(a) No, because he does not have money to stay the night.
(d) Yes, because he needs a rest for the night.
14. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
(a) They joined a soccer team.
(b) The two had classes together.
(c) They joined the same church choir.
(d) Ira pursued Maggie.
15. What time was very important to Serena?
(a) Time with her children.
(b) Her high school years.
(c) Time with her friends.
(d) Time with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
2. Where did Maggie refuse to go after high school graduation?
3. How does he feel about his children?
4. What ambitions did Boris have?
5. What is Serena like?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)