|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
2. Why was Ira given so little attention?
(a) Ira wanted to be ignored.
(b) His parents did not know how to handle them.
(c) He behaved badly.
(d) Because his two sisters were mentally and emotionally challenged.
3. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
(a) A new house.
(b) New people.
4. Why do they decide to help the old man?
(a) They can see he is in distress.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) Others see them harm him on the highway.
(d) Ira feels sorry for him.
5. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
(a) Finding yourself.
(b) Improving one's life.
(c) Working out a commonplace marriage.
(d) Life lessons from the view of an elderly person.
6. Why is Maggie so upset?
(a) She snashes her nail.
(b) She thought that Jerry and Fiona would get back together.
(c) She assumed she would never hear from her again.
(d) She gets into a car accidrnt.
7. What time was very important to Serena?
(a) Time with her children.
(b) Time with her mother.
(c) Time with her friends.
(d) Her high school years.
8. Where do they crash?
(a) Into a wall.
(b) Onto a median.
(c) Into a ditch.
(d) Into another car.
9. What kind of wife did Boris want?
(a) A more caring wife.
(b) A more ambitious wife.
(c) Someone who would travel with him.
(d) Someone very attractive.
10. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
(a) Their quest for mutual happiness.
(b) Their personality difference.
(c) They obviously do not love each other.
(d) Their love for each other.
11. What does Maggie think of the request?
(a) That Ira will hate it .
(b) It is ecentric like her friend.
(c) That she hates singing in front of people, a thoughtful way to remember Max.
(d) That it is inappropriate.
12. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
(a) To see Leroy, their granddaughter.
(b) To send a bouquet of flowers to Serena.
(c) To Philly.
(d) To see thier daughter, Erin.
13. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
14. What is Serena now?
(a) A bad friend.
(b) A woman on the prowl.
(c) A spiteful woman.
(d) A widow.
15. Who was Maggie dating before Ira?
(a) Mike Douglas.
(b) Bennson Morris.
(c) Boris Drumm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what period of time does the story take place?
2. What does Ira think of other people?
3. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
4. Where does the couple stop in Chapter I?
5. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)