|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
(b) A new house.
(d) New people.
2. What has happened to Maggie?
(a) She misses her friends.
(b) She wants to have an affair.
(c) She feels she has fallen in love again.
(d) She wishes she could divorce Ira.
3. How does Ira feel about Serena's situation?
(d) Indifferent .
4. What is Serena now?
(a) A woman on the prowl.
(b) A spiteful woman.
(c) A bad friend.
(d) A widow.
5. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
(a) They joined the same church choir.
(b) Ira pursued Maggie.
(c) The two had classes together.
(d) They joined a soccer team.
6. What does Serena make a mental note of?
(a) The people who are not supporting her and singing.
(b) The way everyone looks.
(c) Everyone's attitudes.
(d) The look and feel of the funeral.
7. What does Maggie think of the request?
(a) That it is inappropriate.
(b) It is ecentric like her friend.
(c) That Ira will hate it .
(d) That she hates singing in front of people, a thoughtful way to remember Max.
8. How does Maggie deal with her mood?
(a) Yells at Ira.
(b) Makes sarcastic remarks to him.
(c) Continues to talk.
(d) Is silent.
9. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) A year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
10. Who sings with Maggie at the funeral?
11. What does this section show of Serena?
(a) That she is uncaring.
(b) That she misses Max.
(c) That she loves her freinds.
(d) That she is selfish.
12. Serena never wants to _______ anyone.
(d) yell at
13. What makes Maggie so mad?
(a) She does not think Ira loves her.
(b) She misses her grand daughter.
(c) That Ira has the nerve to scold her.
(d) That Ira does not listen to her.
14. Where do they crash?
(a) Into another car.
(b) Into a wall.
(c) Into a ditch.
(d) Onto a median.
15. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
(a) She wants to make sure the other driver is fine.
(b) She thinks they caused the accident.
(c) Ira is the one that insists they go back.
(d) Because the elderly driver needs some help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ira feel about Maggie?
2. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
3. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
4. What does he do with most of his time?
5. Why does Serena feel uneasy?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)