|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ira feel about Serena's situation?
(d) Indifferent .
2. Why was Boris upset with Maggie?
(a) He did not understand her liking of working in a nursing home.
(b) She loved her dog too much.
(c) She paid too much attention to friends.
(d) She would not have sex with him.
3. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
(a) To see thier daughter, Erin.
(b) To see Leroy, their granddaughter.
(c) To send a bouquet of flowers to Serena.
(d) To Philly.
4. How old is Ira?
5. What does Ira think of other people?
(a) No one cares about other people.
(b) That they waste too much time on petty differences.
(c) That they know nothing of the human condition.
(d) Ira loves hanging around other people and learning about their lives.
6. What makes Maggie so mad?
(a) That Ira does not listen to her.
(b) That Ira has the nerve to scold her.
(c) She misses her grand daughter.
(d) She does not think Ira loves her.
7. What does Maggie revisit in her memories?
(a) She wishes she would have dated more men.
(b) Her time with Boris.
(c) How she can reconnect with her children.
(d) Her realization of love for Ira.
8. What does Serena look like at the funeral?
(a) Like a Spanish matron.
(b) A gold digger.
(c) A hot mess.
(d) A widow.
9. What is Ira unnerved by?
(a) Maggie's attitude.
(b) Maggie's driving.
(c) The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
(d) The bad weather.
10. How long ago did the two fall in love with each other?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
11. What makes Serena upset?
(a) No one sings.
(b) The Ira does not participate.
(c) She realizes Max is dead.
(d) Maggie is angry with her.
12. Why do they decide to help the old man?
(a) Ira feels sorry for him.
(b) Others see them harm him on the highway.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) They can see he is in distress.
13. Where does the couple stop in Chapter I?
(a) At a local performing arts building.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a roadside cafe.
(d) At a mueseum.
14. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
15. Why does this make Ira happy?
(a) Maggie is sad.
(b) No one is mourning Max.
(c) He likes to be punctual.
(d) He hate funerals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
2. What do Maggie's blundering behavior and accidents reveal?
3. What is sung at the funeral?
4. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
5. Where do Leroy and Fiona live?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)