|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they encounter on the highway?
(a) An old, kind woman.
(b) A lot of traffic.
(c) An erratic driver.
(d) An animal running across the road.
2. What did everyone assume would happen with their relationship?
(a) Maggie would have children.
(b) Maggie and Boris would get married.
(c) Maggie would go to college.
(d) Boris would go to college.
3. What has happened to Maggie?
(a) She misses her friends.
(b) She wants to have an affair.
(c) She wishes she could divorce Ira.
(d) She feels she has fallen in love again.
4. What is Maggie to Ira?
5. Who does Maggie see at Serena's house?
(a) Old enemies.
(b) Her father.
(c) Many people from high school .
(d) Her ex daughter-in-law.
6. What does Serena make a mental note of?
(a) The look and feel of the funeral.
(b) The people who are not supporting her and singing.
(c) Everyone's attitudes.
(d) The way everyone looks.
7. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) A waitress.
(b) The hostess.
(c) An attractive man.
(d) The hotel owner.
8. How does Ira deal with his mood?
(a) Wants to drink.
(b) Begins to whistle a song .
(c) Refuses to drive on.
(d) Yells at Maggie.
9. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
10. What or who does Ira not want to concern himself with?
11. How does Maggie deal with her mood?
(a) Is silent.
(b) Yells at Ira.
(c) Makes sarcastic remarks to him.
(d) Continues to talk.
12. What was Ira's dream?
(a) Get a Master's degree.
(b) To go to medical school.
(c) He wanted to be a lawyer.
(d) Own his own business.
13. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
(b) No, because he does not have money to stay the night.
(d) Yes, because he needs a rest for the night.
14. What does Serena demand?
(a) That everyone leave her house.
(b) That she get some sympathy.
(c) That they leave the house.
(d) That someone buy her food.
15. How was Ira treated by his parents?
(a) They loved him dearly.
(b) He was ignored.
(c) Ira ran away when he was younger.
(d) They spoiled him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
2. How does Ira feel about Serena's situation?
3. What does Maggie do?
4. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
5. Who joins Maggie to sing?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)