Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ira unnerved by?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
(c) Maggie's driving.
(d) Maggie's attitude.
2. What day of the week does the story start?
(b) Saturday .
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
(a) New York.
4. Why is Maggie so upset?
(a) She assumed she would never hear from her again.
(b) She thought that Jerry and Fiona would get back together.
(c) She gets into a car accidrnt.
(d) She snashes her nail.
5. What is sung at the funeral?
(a) I will Remember You.
(b) Love Me Tomorrow.
(c) Hold Me Now.
(d) Love Is a Many Splendored Thing.
6. What does Maggie demand?
(a) To go home.
(b) To be let out of the car.
(c) To get the police.
(d) To call her son.
7. What time was very important to Serena?
(a) Time with her friends.
(b) Her high school years.
(c) Time with her children.
(d) Time with her mother.
8. What was Ira like when he and Maggie were in school?
(a) Very popular.
(b) Removed; he had an ill family to support.
9. What makes Serena upset?
(a) Maggie is angry with her.
(b) No one sings.
(c) She realizes Max is dead.
(d) The Ira does not participate.
10. What kind of wife did Boris want?
(a) A more ambitious wife.
(b) Someone who would travel with him.
(c) A more caring wife.
(d) Someone very attractive.
11. What are difficult events in life?
(a) Having difficult times with partners.
(b) Losing money.
(d) New babies.
12. What pleases Ira as they arrive at the funeral?
(a) They are the only ones to bring a gift.
(b) He and Maggie have made up .
(c) No one is crying - it makes him uncomfortable.
(d) That they are the first to arrive.
13. Where did Maggie refuse to go after high school graduation?
(b) To NYC.
(c) On a vacation with Boris.
(d) To study abroad.
14. Who does Serena wish was at the funeral?
(a) No one.
15. What breaks Maggie's heart about Ira?
(a) Ira no longer loves her.
(b) Maggie no longer loves Ira.
(c) That he can constantly put up a wall around his emotions.
(d) He cheated on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie add to Ira's life?
2. What does Maggie notice at the end of the movie?
3. What does Maggie think of the request?
4. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
5. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)