|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they take the shaken old man?
(a) To his nephew at a service station.
(b) To a resturant to get some food.
(c) To a coffee shop.
(d) To a deli.
2. What ambitions did Boris have?
(a) Move to NYC.
(c) To be a lawyer.
(d) To be a great artist.
3. What kind of wife did Boris want?
(a) Someone very attractive.
(b) Someone who would travel with him.
(c) A more caring wife.
(d) A more ambitious wife.
4. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
(d) New York.
5. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
(a) Ira is the one that insists they go back.
(b) She wants to make sure the other driver is fine.
(c) Because the elderly driver needs some help.
(d) She thinks they caused the accident.
6. Why was Boris upset with Maggie?
(a) She would not have sex with him.
(b) She loved her dog too much.
(c) He did not understand her liking of working in a nursing home.
(d) She paid too much attention to friends.
7. How does he feel about his children?
(a) He wishes he could connect with them.
(b) He loves them dearly.
(c) He leaves their upbringing to Maggie.
(d) He has little reguard for them.
8. What does the day remember?
(a) Their children.
(b) Serena's past instead of her husbands.
(c) How much Max loved his friends.
(d) The beautiful life they had together.
9. What or who does Ira not want to concern himself with?
10. Who was sick in Ira's family?
(a) Ira's mother.
(b) Ira's aunt.
(c) No one.
(d) His father and sisters.
11. Where did Maggie refuse to go after high school graduation?
(a) To study abroad.
(b) To NYC.
(c) On a vacation with Boris.
12. What is Ira unnerved by?
(a) Maggie's attitude.
(b) The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
(c) Maggie's driving.
(d) The bad weather.
13. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) A year.
14. Who sings with Maggie at the funeral?
15. Why does Ira scold Maggie?
(a) He thinks she is being rude.
(b) He wants her to talk to him.
(c) He is sick of her complaining to the waitress.
(d) He does not like that she flirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
2. Maggie is always afraid of _____.
3. What does Ira think of other people?
4. What movie do they watch at Serena's house?
5. What does Serena look like at the funeral?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)