|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Serena is beautiful, she is ______.
2. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) The hostess.
(b) An attractive man.
(c) A waitress.
(d) The hotel owner.
3. What does Maggie think of the request?
(a) It is ecentric like her friend.
(b) That she hates singing in front of people, a thoughtful way to remember Max.
(c) That Ira will hate it .
(d) That it is inappropriate.
4. What has happened to Maggie?
(a) She misses her friends.
(b) She wants to have an affair.
(c) She wishes she could divorce Ira.
(d) She feels she has fallen in love again.
5. Who does Maggie see at Serena's house?
(a) Old enemies.
(b) Her father.
(c) Many people from high school .
(d) Her ex daughter-in-law.
6. Who does Serena wish was at the funeral?
(c) No one.
7. Where did Maggie refuse to go after high school graduation?
(a) To NYC.
(b) To study abroad.
(c) On a vacation with Boris.
8. Why do they decide to go see Fiona?
(a) Ira admits he would like to see Leroy.
(b) Jesse asks them to go.
(c) Maggie threatens to divorce Ira otherwise.
(d) Because Ira cannot refuse Maggie on this subject.
9. What was Ira's dream?
(a) To go to medical school.
(b) Get a Master's degree.
(c) Own his own business.
(d) He wanted to be a lawyer.
10. What does Serena constantly seek from other people?
11. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) A year.
(d) One month.
12. What does Ira think of other people?
(a) Ira loves hanging around other people and learning about their lives.
(b) No one cares about other people.
(c) That they waste too much time on petty differences.
(d) That they know nothing of the human condition.
13. What does Serena ask of Ira and Maggie?
(a) For them to hold her hand.
(b) That they sing.
(c) They kiss.
(d) For some moral support.
14. What is Serena now?
(a) A widow.
(b) A spiteful woman.
(c) A woman on the prowl.
(d) A bad friend.
15. How does he feel about his children?
(a) He has little reguard for them.
(b) He wishes he could connect with them.
(c) He loves them dearly.
(d) He leaves their upbringing to Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie crash into in the car?
2. What makes Maggie so mad?
3. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
4. How long ago did the two fall in love with each other?
5. What ambitions did Boris have?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)