|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
(a) Life lessons from the view of an elderly person.
(b) Improving one's life.
(c) Finding yourself.
(d) Working out a commonplace marriage.
2. Who does Serena wish was at the funeral?
(a) No one.
3. What does Maggie begin to think about?
(a) What her life might have been .
(b) What Ira is thinking .
(c) How Fiona is.
(d) Where Jesse is.
4. Why does Ira scold Maggie?
(a) He does not like that she flirts.
(b) He thinks she is being rude.
(c) He is sick of her complaining to the waitress.
(d) He wants her to talk to him.
5. Why was Ira given so little attention?
(a) His parents did not know how to handle them.
(b) Ira wanted to be ignored.
(c) Because his two sisters were mentally and emotionally challenged.
(d) He behaved badly.
6. Why does Maggie beg Ira to go back to the swerving car?
(a) Ira is the one that insists they go back.
(b) She wants to make sure the other driver is fine.
(c) Because the elderly driver needs some help.
(d) She thinks they caused the accident.
7. How does Ira deal with his mood?
(a) Wants to drink.
(b) Refuses to drive on.
(c) Begins to whistle a song .
(d) Yells at Maggie.
8. Where do Leroy and Fiona live?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In a tiny town.
(d) In a large metropolitan area.
9. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
(a) To Philly.
(b) To send a bouquet of flowers to Serena.
(c) To see thier daughter, Erin.
(d) To see Leroy, their granddaughter.
10. Why was Boris upset with Maggie?
(a) She paid too much attention to friends.
(b) She would not have sex with him.
(c) She loved her dog too much.
(d) He did not understand her liking of working in a nursing home.
11. Why does Serena feel uneasy?
(a) She misses her freinds.
(b) She hates being in churches.
(c) She has just lost her husband.
(d) She thinks Ira is judging her.
12. What is Serena like?
(a) Cruel natured.
13. What is the name of Ira and Maggie's daughter?
14. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) An attractive man.
(b) The hotel owner.
(c) The hostess.
(d) A waitress.
15. Where do they crash?
(a) Into a wall.
(b) Onto a median.
(c) Into another car.
(d) Into a ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ira?
2. How does Ira feel about Maggie?
3. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
4. What does Maggie notice at the end of the movie?
5. What does Maggie think of the request?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)