|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is obvious about Maggie and Ira?
(a) Their personality difference.
(b) They obviously do not love each other.
(c) Their love for each other.
(d) Their quest for mutual happiness.
2. Who does Maggie begin talking to?
(a) A waitress.
(b) The hostess.
(c) An attractive man.
(d) The hotel owner.
3. How did Maggie and Ira become closer?
(a) They joined a soccer team.
(b) Ira pursued Maggie.
(c) The two had classes together.
(d) They joined the same church choir.
4. Why do they decide to go see Fiona?
(a) Because Ira cannot refuse Maggie on this subject.
(b) Maggie threatens to divorce Ira otherwise.
(c) Jesse asks them to go.
(d) Ira admits he would like to see Leroy.
5. Who joins Maggie to sing?
6. What did everyone assume would happen with their relationship?
(a) Maggie would have children.
(b) Maggie would go to college.
(c) Boris would go to college.
(d) Maggie and Boris would get married.
7. Where does everyone go after the funeral?
(a) To a resturant.
(b) To the funeral home.
(c) To Serena's house.
(d) Out for drinks.
8. What does Serena make a mental note of?
(a) The people who are not supporting her and singing.
(b) The way everyone looks.
(c) Everyone's attitudes.
(d) The look and feel of the funeral.
9. What does Ira wish existed in his life?
(a) New people.
(b) A new house.
10. What does Maggie begin to think about?
(a) Where Jesse is.
(b) What Ira is thinking .
(c) What her life might have been .
(d) How Fiona is.
11. Does Ira wish to make an extra stop?
(b) No, because he does not have money to stay the night.
(d) Yes, because he needs a rest for the night.
12. What does this section show of Serena?
(a) That she is selfish.
(b) That she misses Max.
(c) That she is uncaring.
(d) That she loves her freinds.
13. Whose funeral are they attending?
(a) Their firend from out of town.
(b) Serena's husband.
(c) Their son's.
(d) Their granddaughter's.
14. How does he feel about his children?
(a) He has little reguard for them.
(b) He leaves their upbringing to Maggie.
(c) He wishes he could connect with them.
(d) He loves them dearly.
15. What day of the week does the story start?
(d) Saturday .
Short Answer Questions
1. Serena never wants to _______ anyone.
2. How old is Ira?
3. What does Serena wear to the wedding?
4. What does the day remember?
5. What breaks Maggie's heart about Ira?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)