Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
Working out a commonplace marriage.
2. Over what period of time does the story take place?
3. What day of the week does the story start?
4. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
5. Whose funeral are they attending?
6. What is Ira unnerved by?
The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
7. Who does Maggie hear on the radio?
Her ex-daughter-in-law, Fiona.
8. What does Maggie crash into in the car?
She runs right into the path of an oncoming delivery truck.
9. Why is Maggie so upset?
She thought that Jerry and Fiona would get back together.
10. As the couple drives along the highway, where does Maggie think they should go?
To see Leroy,...
This section contains 1,970 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)