Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
Working out a commonplace marriage.
2. Over what period of time does the story take place?
3. What day of the week does the story start?
4. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
5. Whose funeral are they attending?
6. What is Ira unnerved by?
The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
7. Who does Maggie hear on the radio?
Her ex-daughter-in-law, Fiona.
8. What does Maggie crash into in the car?
She runs right into the path of an oncoming delivery truck.
This section contains 4,294 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)