1. What is the novel Breathing Lessons about?
(a) Improving one's life.
(b) Working out a commonplace marriage.
(c) Life lessons from the view of an elderly person.
(d) Finding yourself.
2. Over what period of time does the story take place?
(a) One day.
(b) A year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. What day of the week does the story start?
(a) Saturday .
4. Where is the couple traveling to in the first section of the book?
(c) New York.
5. Whose funeral are they attending?
(a) Their granddaughter's.
(b) Their firend from out of town.
(c) Their son's.
(d) Serena's husband.
6. What is Ira unnerved by?
(a) Maggie's attitude.
(b) The fact that they are late leaving for their trip .
(c) The bad weather.
(d) Maggie's driving.
7. Who does Maggie hear on the radio?
(a) Her ex-daughter-in-law, Fiona.
(b) An annoying commercial .
(c) A song she loves.
(d) A discussion on talk radio.
8. What does Maggie crash into in the car?
(a) A building.
(b) She runs right into the path of an oncoming delivery truck.
(c) A child.
(d) Another small car.
This section contains 4,294 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)