|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's mother do to them?
2. Why does Sophie not eat much during lunch on the plane?
3. What kind of light do Ifé and Sophie watch while they eat supper together?
4. What does the therapist suggest the unborn child is proof of?
5. Why is Atie upset after Louise sells the pig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams are another big theme in "Breath, Eyes, Memory." Who is having dreams? What do the dreams symbolize? Compare and contrast each character's dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Sophie's priorities and personality change over the course of the book. Compare the changes she experiences through the four books.
Essay Topic 3
Female characters are a big theme in the book. In the third book, a new female character, Brigitte, gets introduced. What is her role through the rest of the book? What is her liaison to the other female characters? Where is her importance displayed in the book?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)