|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the therapist suggest the unborn child is proof of?
(a) Of Sophie's mother's sense of humor.
(b) Of Sophie's mother's love for Marc.
(c) Of Sophie's mother's bad health.
(d) Of Sophie's mother's sexuality.
2. What does Atie call her life during a talk with Sophie while feeding the pig?
3. What happens to Sophie's mother at the end of the book?
(a) She stabs herself in the stomach.
(b) She gets sick.
(c) She takes pills.
(d) She hangs herself.
4. What does Atie do after the meal with the guest?
(a) She ties a pig to a pole in the yard.
(b) She reads a love poem.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She reads a love letter.
5. What does Martine tell Sophie after she arrives from the United States?
(a) That she didn't get all the pictures she sent.
(b) That she loves her.
(c) That she got all the pictures she sent.
(d) That she has to come back to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sophie's mother each time she thinks about having the baby taken out?
2. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's father do to them?
3. According to Atie, why should Sophie treat her mother well?
4. Where do Martine and Ifé go the day after Martine arrives?
5. Who goes with Sophie to Port-au-Prince?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)