|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Martine and Atie's parents used to tell stories about?
(a) About the clouds.
(b) About the stars.
(c) About the moon.
(d) About the devil.
2. What does Sophie's mother decide to do about her pregnancy?
(a) She is going to have the baby adopted.
(b) She is going to have the baby taken out.
(c) She is going to give the baby to Sophie.
(d) She is not going to have the baby taken out.
3. When do the members of the group write the name of their abuser on a sheet of paper?
(a) At the end of the meeting.
(c) Ten minutes into the meeting.
(d) At the beginning of the meeting.
4. What would Sophie do whenever her mother "tested" her?
(a) She thought nothing.
(b) She asked her to stop.
(c) Pretended she was somewhere else.
(d) She cried.
5. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's father do to them?
(a) They made them happy.
(b) They made them weak.
(c) They made them sad.
(d) They made them afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Macoutes do?
2. What kind of light do Ifé and Sophie watch while they eat supper together?
3. Where is Atie when Martine and Ifé come back from their errand?
4. Which word does Brigitte learn to say when Sophie gets home from her meeting?
5. Why is Sophie's mother afraid being back at home?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)