|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the therapist suggest the unborn child is proof of?
(a) Of Sophie's mother's love for Marc.
(b) Of Sophie's mother's bad health.
(c) Of Sophie's mother's sense of humor.
(d) Of Sophie's mother's sexuality.
2. What does Sophie's mother decide to do about her pregnancy?
(a) She is going to give the baby to Sophie.
(b) She is going to have the baby adopted.
(c) She is not going to have the baby taken out.
(d) She is going to have the baby taken out.
3. Where is Sophie's mother when Sophie calls the sender of the message back and asks where her mother is?
(a) In a nursery room.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At the doctor.
(d) In the morgue.
4. What does Sophie talk about to her therapist after she scolds her?
(a) About her husband.
(b) About her health.
(c) About her trip.
(d) About her weekend.
5. What does Sophie's mother sing the evening they all have dinner at her house?
(a) An old Negro spiritual.
(b) An old love song.
(c) An old rap song.
(d) An old reggae song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie's mother kiss Sophie when she arrives at her mother's house?
2. What does Sophie answer when her therapist asks her if she ever hated her mother?
3. When does Sophie's mother decide to come for a visit?
4. How do Sophie and her mother say goodbye to Atie and Ifé?
5. Why does Sophie's therapist scold her the first time she goes back to her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)