|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sophie and her grandmother do after dinner when Atie leaves again?
(a) Sit and listen to Atie.
(b) Sit and listen to night sounds.
(c) Sit and listen to the radio.
(d) Sit and watch TV.
2. What does Sophie offer her mother after she says she does not like being alone?
(a) She offers to stay with her longer.
(b) She offers to take care of the baby.
(c) She offers to take her mother with her.
(d) She offers to go back to Haiti.
3. What does Atie do instead of going to Louise's house?
(a) She sits on the porch with Louise.
(b) She sits on the porch with Sophie.
(c) She sits on the porch with Ifé.
(d) She sits on the porch with Martine.
4. What does Joseph do when Sophie finally comes home?
(a) He hits Sophie.
(b) He falls on his knees.
(c) He kisses Sophie all over her body.
(d) He nearly falls over himself.
5. Why does Sophie not want to disturb Atie when she goes to bed?
(a) Because Sophie can't hear Atie.
(b) Because everything in Atie's room is rustling.
(c) Because Sophie is very tired.
(d) Because Atie asked her not ot disturb her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the members of the group write the name of their abuser on a sheet of paper?
2. What does Sophie tell her therapist when she goes back to see her?
3. What did Martine and Atie's parents used to tell stories about?
4. How does Sophie's therapist describe Sophie's mother going on in life the way she is?
5. According to Atie, why should Sophie treat her mother well?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)