|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie's mother lend Sophie when she leaves?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her bicycle.
(c) Her watch.
(d) Her apartment.
2. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's mother do to them?
(a) They made them powerful.
(b) They made them happy.
(c) They made them afraid.
(d) They made them strong.
3. What does Sophie saying her mother is pregnant bring back to her?
(a) It brings back her nightmares of her ex-husband.
(b) It brings back memories of Sophie's birth.
(c) It brings back loving memories.
(d) It brings back her nightmares of the rape.
4. Whose name does Sophie write on her paper?
(a) Her aunt's name.
(b) Her mother's name.
(c) Her grandmother's name.
(d) Her father's name.
5. What does Martine tell Sophie after she arrives from the United States?
(a) That she got all the pictures she sent.
(b) That she loves her.
(c) That she has to come back to the United States.
(d) That she didn't get all the pictures she sent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the therapist say Sophie's mother should do?
2. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's father do to them?
3. Who is the message from that Sophie hears on the answering machine when she returns from therapy?
4. What does Eliab buy at the market when Sophie sends him there?
5. Why does Sophie not want to disturb Atie when she goes to bed?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)