|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sophie's made up boyfriend?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In the Dominican Republic.
(c) In Haiti.
(d) In France.
2. What does the new supper guest bring as a gift?
(a) A goat.
(c) A pig.
3. What is Sophie's mother's night job?
(a) Looking after an old woman.
(b) Looking after a family.
(c) Looking after an old man.
(d) Looking after a nurse.
4. What name does Sophie give her mother for the man she likes?
(a) Henry Napoleon.
(b) Henry Navarette.
(c) Harry Navarette.
(d) Harry Napoleon.
5. What does Sophie's mother do after waiting for Sophie to come home?
(a) She plays a joke on Sophie.
(b) She hits Sophie.
(c) She kicks Sophie.
(d) She tests Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie keep dreaming about?
2. When do Sophie and Joseph get married?
3. In the story about the woman who stopped bleeding, who transforms the woman?
4. How old is Sophie in the beginning of the book?
5. What does Louis want grandmother and Sophie to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sophie's mother and grandmother go to the notary together?
2. What happens the night Joseph comes home from touring and takes Sophie out to the Note?
3. What has changed in Sophie's life when the third book opens with Chapter 13?
4. What does Sophie do for herself and for her baby in the morning, in Chapter 16?
5. Sophie calls Joseph back at her mother's apartment. What is their conversation about?
6. What happens during the potluck dinner Atie and Sophie attend in Chapter 1?
7. What happens during the week before Sophie leaves to see her mother?
8. What happens when Sophie asks Atie if Brigitte can sleep in her room?
9. Why does Sophie's mother come to visit in Haiti?
10. Two special events happen during dinner in Chapter 20. Which two events are different than other nights?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)