|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie see on the drive out of Croix-des-Rosets?
(b) Red dust.
(c) Children playing.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Who is the sender of the item that comes for the family?
3. Why does Sophie join her mother at work the first couple of months?
(a) Because school does not start for two months.
(b) Because she doesn't want to go to school.
(c) Because school doesn't start for five months.
(d) Because her mother wants her to work.
4. What do Sophie and Joseph do after the last test of Sophie's mother?
(a) They run off to get married.
(b) They break up.
(c) They run off to get children.
(d) They stay in Joseph's house.
5. What question does Joseph ask Sophie when he tells her he is leaving forever?
(a) If she wants to come with him.
(b) If she wants to marry him.
(c) If she wants to introduce him to her mother.
(d) If she wants anything from his house.
6. In the story about the woman who stopped bleeding, who transforms the woman?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
7. When was the picture taken of Sophie and Joseph that Sophie looks at?
(a) Before their wedding day.
(b) On the day Sophie left.
(c) When they first met.
(d) On their wedding day.
8. What has arrived for the family the day an outsider joins for supper?
(a) A book.
(b) A CD.
(c) A cassette.
(d) A letter.
9. What does Sophie's mother do after waiting for Sophie to come home?
(a) She plays a joke on Sophie.
(b) She hits Sophie.
(c) She kicks Sophie.
(d) She tests Sophie.
10. Where does Sophie keep her own pictures?
(a) In her room.
(b) In her suitcase.
(c) In her wallet.
(d) In her clothes.
11. Where does Sophie notice a statue of Erzulie?
(a) On Ifé's bed.
(b) On Ifé's kitchen table.
(c) On Atie's dresser.
(d) On Ifé's dresser.
12. What is Louise selling on the side of the road?
13. In which language does Sophie's mother often speak to the people passing by?
14. Where does Tante Atie sit with Brigitte on her lap?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the rocker.
(c) On her bed.
(d) On a chair.
15. How old is Joseph when Sophie meets him?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 30 years old.
(c) 33 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sophie gets ready for bed her first night in the United States, what does she hand her mother?
2. How does Sophie feel after eating beans for supper?
3. Where does Sophie retrieve her daughter after noticing the statue of Erzulie?
4. What does Sophie's aunt learn to do while Sophie is away?
5. How do Sophie and her grandmother react to Louise at the market?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)