Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the name of the small Haitian village where the story begins?
2. How old is Sophie in the beginning of the book?
12 years old.
3. What does Sophie drink during the potluck dinner for which Atie has been preparing food all day?
4. What does Atie make for breakfast the day after the potluck?
Cinnamon rice pudding.
5. How does Atie try to cheer Sophie up?
By telling her a funny story.
6. Which color do Sophie and her mother love?
7. How long do Sophie and her aunt sit in a van on their way to Sophie's grandmother?
This section contains 4,887 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)