|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie think about when she goes to bed with Joseph the second night back from Haiti?
(a) She thinks about another man.
(b) She thinks about Henry Napoleon.
(c) She thinks about her grandmother.
(d) She thinks about the Marassas.
2. What do Ifé and Atie argue about at dinner?
(a) About Sophie.
(b) About Ifé 's reading lessons.
(c) About Atie's cooking.
(d) About Atie's reading lessons.
3. Who is the argument between that Sophie and her grandmother witness at the market?
(a) A Macoute and a customer.
(b) Two vendors.
(c) A woman and a coal vendor.
(d) A Macoute and a coal vendor.
4. What does Sophie want to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
5. When does Sophie's mother decide to come for a visit?
(a) When she gets the cassette.
(b) When she gets a phone call.
(c) When Sophie asks her to come.
(d) When she gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the small Haitian village where the story begins?
2. What does Joseph do when Sophie finally comes home?
3. Who does Sophie take a picture of?
4. What is Joseph's profession?
5. What does Atie make for breakfast the day after the potluck?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)