|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the therapist suggest the unborn child is proof of?
(a) Of Sophie's mother's sexuality.
(b) Of Sophie's mother's bad health.
(c) Of Sophie's mother's sense of humor.
(d) Of Sophie's mother's love for Marc.
2. How do Sophie and her aunt travel the rest of the trek to the grandmother?
(a) By van.
(b) By cart.
(c) By mule.
(d) By foot.
3. Who is asleep when the family arrives back in New York?
(d) Sophie's mother.
4. What does Sophie do when her mother arrives for a visit?
(a) She yells at her mother.
(b) She hugs her mother.
(c) She stands on the porch.
(d) She runs away.
5. What is Sophie watching the morning after Dessalines is killed?
(a) A pig.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) Rainbow butterflies.
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Atie and Sophie say about Brigitte on the way home?
2. Where does Sophie bathe in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Sophie leave Joseph?
4. What does Sophie say when her grandmother asks if her husband is a good man?
5. How do we know Atie does not come home the night she misses dinner?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)