|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stories of Martine and Atie's father do to them?
(a) They made them afraid.
(b) They made them weak.
(c) They made them happy.
(d) They made them sad.
2. What does Sophie do when her mother arrives for a visit?
(a) She yells at her mother.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hugs her mother.
(d) She stands on the porch.
3. In the story about the woman who stopped bleeding, who transforms the woman?
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. How does Ifé answer when Sophie asks why mothers test their children?
(a) That a mother is supposed to hurt her daughter.
(b) That she never tested her children.
(c) Thet a mother is responsible for her daughter's purity.
(d) That a mother is obliged to do it by her husband.
5. When do Sophie and Joseph get married?
(a) One month after they run off.
(b) One month after they meet.
(c) Two months after they run off.
(d) One week after they run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sophie gets ready for bed her first night in the United States, what does she hand her mother?
2. What is the name of Sophie's daughter?
3. What represents Sophie's mother in the poem?
4. Why does Sophie get up early in the morning in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Atie need to go to the market?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)