|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks Sophie up at the airport in the United States?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
2. How does Atie try to cheer Sophie up?
(a) By telling her a stupid joke.
(b) By serving her more pudding.
(c) By telling her a funny story.
(d) By taking her for a walk.
3. What poem does Atie read before she leaves the house for the night?
(a) The poem Sophie wrote on a Mother's Day card years earlier.
(b) One of her own poems.
(c) A poem Sophie wrote for her mother recently.
(d) A poem she read in a newspaper.
4. Where does Sophie bathe in Chapter 16?
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. What life form does the woman in the story Sophie heard take on in order to stop bleeding?
(a) A butter flower.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at her grandmother's house does Sophie drop her suitcase?
2. What do Atie and Sophie say about Brigitte on the way home?
3. What does Sophie drink during the potluck dinner for which Atie has been preparing food all day?
4. What does Sophie want to be when she grows up?
5. What is the name of the small Haitian village where the story begins?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)