|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joseph's profession?
2. What life form does the woman in the story Sophie heard take on in order to stop bleeding?
(a) A butter flower.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A fly.
(d) A bird.
3. Why does Sophie not want anybody to see her body?
(a) Because she has become proud of her body.
(b) Because it is none of their business.
(c) Because she feels ugly.
(d) Because she has become ashamed of her body .
4. Why does Sophie give her daughter the middle name Ifé?
(a) After herself.
(b) After her grandmother.
(c) After her mother.
(d) After her aunt.
5. When Sophie gets ready for bed her first night in the United States, what does she hand her mother?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her pants.
(c) The Mother Day's card.
(d) Her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sophie join her mother at work the first couple of months?
2. What question does Joseph ask Sophie when he tells her he is leaving forever?
3. What is the name of the small Haitian village where the story begins?
4. What is Atie like, according to Ifé?
5. How does Sophie feel after eating beans for supper?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)