|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem does Atie read before she leaves the house for the night?
(a) A poem she read in a newspaper.
(b) A poem Sophie wrote for her mother recently.
(c) One of her own poems.
(d) The poem Sophie wrote on a Mother's Day card years earlier.
2. Why does Sophie join her mother at work the first couple of months?
(a) Because her mother wants her to work.
(b) Because school doesn't start for five months.
(c) Because school does not start for two months.
(d) Because she doesn't want to go to school.
3. What does Sophie do when her mother arrives for a visit?
(a) She yells at her mother.
(b) She stands on the porch.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She hugs her mother.
4. What does Sophie see on the drive out of Croix-des-Rosets?
(b) Red dust.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Children playing.
5. How is chagrin treated?
(a) By drinking a special tea.
(b) With antibiotics.
(c) By drinking honey.
(d) By eating a special herb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sophie's mother's boyfriend?
2. What happens to Sophie's mother each time she thinks about having the baby taken out?
3. Why is Sophie's mother afraid being back at home?
4. How long do Sophie and her aunt sit in a van on their way to Sophie's grandmother?
5. Why does Sophie give her daughter the middle name Ifé?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)