Book 1, Chapter 1 | Book 1, Chapter 2
1. What is the name of the small Haitian village where the story begins?
(b) St. Croix.
2. How old is Sophie in the beginning of the book?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
3. What does Sophie drink during the potluck dinner for which Atie has been preparing food all day?
4. What does Atie make for breakfast the day after the potluck?
(a) Cinnamon rice pudding.
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
5. How does Atie try to cheer Sophie up?
(a) By serving her more pudding.
(b) By telling her a stupid joke.
(c) By telling her a funny story.
(d) By taking her for a walk.
6. Which color do Sophie and her mother love?
Book 1, Chapter 3 | Book 1, Chapter 4
7. How long do Sophie and her aunt sit in a van on their way to Sophie's grandmother?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Six hours.
This section contains 4,887 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)