|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Volturui bring with them?
2. What does Renesmee wear when she visits Charlie on Christmas?
3. Why is Edward furious?
4. Why does Alice tell Edward it won't be much longer before Bella's change is complete?
5. Where did Carlisle tell Charlie Bella is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward and how does Alice allay his worries?
2. What is the next scent Bella smells on the hunt and what does she do?
3. Why do the people caring for Bella think it best she not see Renesmee right away after waking?
4. Why can't Bella move or scream and what is her predominant thought?
5. What does Edward do to get Bella inside the house and what is a gift from him to her?
6. What does Bella do after dropping Jacob and Renesmee off at Charlie's house?
7. How is Bella feeling and what brings her out of her pain for a brief moment?
8. What does Bella want of J. Jenks?
9. What does Edward say he wants of the Denali clan, and what is their response?
10. How does Bella "punish" Emmett for things he says while Charlie is there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Breaking Dawn? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Breaking Dawn including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Breaking Dawn and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Breaking Dawn belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of love in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with love? Why? What are some symbols of love? Symbols of hate? What characters seem loving?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of courage in Breaking Dawn. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of change in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with change? Why? What are some symbols of change? Which characters seem to change the most?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)