|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella know is part of being a vampire?
2. Where did Carlisle tell Charlie Bella is?
3. What does Edward say Aro will not be able to keep Renesmee from doing?
4. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward when he calls to her?
5. What does Bella do when Aro waves his guard forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella want to learn from Edward and why is he furious?
2. What happens when Charlie first sees Bella and why does he accept the change in her?
3. What does Garrett say to the witnesses the Volturi have brought with them?
4. How is Bella feeling and what brings her out of her pain for a brief moment?
5. What does Bella want of J. Jenks?
6. What is the next scent Bella smells on the hunt and what does she do?
7. What does Edward do to get Bella inside the house and what is a gift from him to her?
8. What does Bella do after dropping Jacob and Renesmee off at Charlie's house?
9. Who arrives with the Volturi and what is Irina's reaction when she sees her sisters?
10. What do the guests staying at the Cullen home feel the need to declare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edward summons him outside to talk, assuring Bella he just wants to speak to Jacob, and Bella tells Jacob to behave and come back. Outside, Edward tells Jacob he is not ready for Jacob to kill him yet. Edward asks Jacob to talk to her, even suggesting that Jacob can impregnate her if Bella really wants a baby so badly. Jacob agrees to talk to Bella, and he also agrees to a deal with Edward: he will kill Edward when Bella dies. Jacob tells her she looks hideous and asks why she is doing this to herself. Bella believes this will work out; she has to believe in magic after all she has lived through, and she especially believes in magic for Jacob finding someone.
1. Do you think Bella is in denial about being so hopeful? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
2. Discuss in detail what you think Edward being willing for Jacob to get Bella pregnant suggests about Edward? Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
3. Do you think most mothers would be willing to die in order to give their child life? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Breaking Dawn is one book in a series of novels involving Bella, Edward and Jacob. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier, more difficult, or about the same to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Bella is furious when she realizes Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, but Jacob argues that it was involuntary and points out that Bella said they belong in each other's lives. He just wants Renesmee to be safe and happy. Edward and Carlisle are impressed that Bella has not yet gone for Jacob's throat, but when she tells him to stay away from her daughter and he objects the Nessie likes him too, Bella lunges for his throat because he nicknamed her daughter after the Lochness Monster.
1. Discuss the reasons you think Bella is so angry about Jacob and Renesmee imprinting. Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
2. Do you think it was destiny for Jacob to imprint Renesmee? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
3. Discuss in depth, why you think it bothers Bella so much that Jacob calls her daughter Nessie. Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)