Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlisle assure Edward about concerning Bella?
2. Why can't Bella move or scream?
3. What do the Volturi know of the Cullen's plans?
4. What doesn't Bella think Edward feels cold when he squeezes her hand?
5. Why is Alice furious with Jacob?
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Edward and Jacob. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Bella and Jacob. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Breaking Dawn help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Stephenie Meyer.
2. What in Meyer's background may have helped him in writing Breaking Dawn? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of love in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with love? Why? What are some symbols of love? Symbols of hate? What characters seem loving?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of courage in Breaking Dawn. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of change in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with change? Why? What are some symbols of change? Which characters seem to change the most?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)