Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlisle assure Edward about concerning Bella?
2. Why can't Bella move or scream?
3. What do the Volturi know of the Cullen's plans?
4. What doesn't Bella think Edward feels cold when he squeezes her hand?
5. Why is Alice furious with Jacob?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Breaking Dawn based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Breaking Dawn is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Breaking Dawn a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 2
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Stephenie Meyer.
2. What in Meyer's background may have helped him in writing Breaking Dawn? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Breaking Dawn? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Breaking Dawn including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Breaking Dawn and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)