Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlisle assure Edward about concerning Bella?
2. Why can't Bella move or scream?
3. What do the Volturi know of the Cullen's plans?
4. What doesn't Bella think Edward feels cold when he squeezes her hand?
5. Why is Alice furious with Jacob?
Breaking Dawn is one book in a series of novels involving Bella, Edward and Jacob. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier, more difficult, or about the same to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Breaking Dawn.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Breaking Dawn. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Breaking Dawn. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Stephenie Meyer.
2. What in Meyer's background may have helped him in writing Breaking Dawn? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)