|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice doing when Bella arrives at the Cullen home?
2. Who owns the island where Edward and Bella go for their honeymoon?
3. Why doesn't Paul ever leave Jacob's house?
4. Who is Claire?
5. What happens when Bella tries to eat some chicken she makes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it evident that the vampires are appreciative of the werewolves' presence?
2. Why does Bella feel self-conscious as she drives home and what distracts her on her drive?
3. Why was the Denali clan's matriarch killed?
4. Why does Edward try to distract Bella all day?
5. Describe the strength of the pack leader's orders and why Jacob decides to fight the compulsion.
6. What do they finally figure out that the fetus needs and how does Bella respond?
7. What sort of emotional turmoil is Jacob enduring?
8. What happens when Edward spies Jacob entering the house during the wedding reception?
9. What does Edward tell Jacob about how hybrid babies are birthed and how does this give Jacob an idea of how they will try to help the baby out?
10. Describe Bella's dream after hearing about the Denali matriarch's execution.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Breaking Dawn.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Breaking Dawn. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Breaking Dawn. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Edward and Jacob. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Bella and Jacob. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Breaking Dawn help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an important part of what makes Breaking Dawn interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Jacob. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Bella. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Edward. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)