|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward tell Bella when they are dancing a second dance?
2. What did Charlie first think when Edward and Bella told him they were engaged?
3. In what is Charlie disappointed concerning Jacob?
4. What does Charlie say after laughing about the engagement?
5. About what did Sam issue the Alpha edict at Bella's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam refuse to do and how does he misunderstand what Jacob intends to do?
2. Why does Jacob become incensed and leave?
3. Describe the strength of the pack leader's orders and why Jacob decides to fight the compulsion.
4. How does Jacob attempt to imprint, and why is he unsuccessful?
5. Why does Edward tell Jacob to leave for a while?
6. Describe Bella's dream after hearing about the Denali matriarch's execution.
7. What does Bella worry about as she greets the wedding guests?
8. How is it evident that the vampires are appreciative of the werewolves' presence?
9. Why does Bella feel self-conscious as she drives home and what distracts her on her drive?
10. Why does Sam change his mind about attacking the Cullen home, and what is Jacob's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Breaking Dawn is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Bella is furious when she realizes Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, but Jacob argues that it was involuntary and points out that Bella said they belong in each other's lives. He just wants Renesmee to be safe and happy. Edward and Carlisle are impressed that Bella has not yet gone for Jacob's throat, but when she tells him to stay away from her daughter and he objects the Nessie likes him too, Bella lunges for his throat because he nicknamed her daughter after the Lochness Monster.
1. Discuss the reasons you think Bella is so angry about Jacob and Renesmee imprinting. Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
2. Do you think it was destiny for Jacob to imprint Renesmee? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
3. Discuss in depth, why you think it bothers Bella so much that Jacob calls her daughter Nessie. Use examples from your own life and Breaking Dawn to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Edward and Jacob. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Bella and Jacob. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Breaking Dawn help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)