Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie first think when Edward and Bella told him they were engaged?
2. In what is Charlie disappointed concerning Jacob?
3. What does the baby do to Bella in trying to get out?
4. Where does Bella insist Edward go?
5. Who/What does Edward bring to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the Denali clan's matriarch killed?
2. Why does Jacob become incensed and leave?
3. How does Charlie react to Edward and Bella's desire to marry?
4. Why does Edward think Aro was glad for an excuse not to fight?
5. Who tries to penetrate Bella's shield and what directions does Bella give?
6. Why does Edward tell Jacob to leave for a while?
7. Why does Bella cry out and how is she afterward?
8. How does Aro interrupt the Cullen's preparations for attack, and who do Caius and Marcus vote?
9. What does Bella do after dropping Jacob and Renesmee off at Charlie's house?
10. Describe Bella's dream after hearing about the Denali matriarch's execution.
Essay Topic 1
Breaking Dawn is one book in a series of novels involving Bella, Edward and Jacob. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier, more difficult, or about the same to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of love in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with love? Why? What are some symbols of love? Symbols of hate? What characters seem loving?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of courage in Breaking Dawn. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of change in Breaking Dawn. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with change? Why? What are some symbols of change? Which characters seem to change the most?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)