|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie give Bella as a wedding present?
2. In what is Charlie disappointed concerning Jacob?
3. What does Jacob want to do with the Cullens now?
4. What does Bella worry about as she greets her wedding guests?
5. Why does Bella say there is no need for Edward to be afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edward mistakenly think Bella has said something to him?
2. What are the signs that Bella may be pregnant?
3. Why does Edward tell Jacob to leave for a while?
4. What does Bella worry about as she greets the wedding guests?
5. What happens when Edward spies Jacob entering the house during the wedding reception?
6. How is it evident that the vampires are appreciative of the werewolves' presence?
7. Describe the birth of Renesmee and Jacob's imprinting.
8. How does Bella feel about Jacob being there and how does Jacob feel about it?
9. Where do Edward and Bella go for their honeymoon and why does Edward refuse to make love to Bella after the first time?
10. What do they finally figure out that the fetus needs and how does Bella respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Breaking Dawn based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Breaking Dawn is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Breaking Dawn a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Choose two significant symbols and trace and analyze their appearance in Breaking Dawn. Are these universal symbols? Would they be understood in any culture? Are there other symbols that would portray the same idea? What are they? Why do you think Meyer chooses the symbols he does?
2. Choose two important metaphors and trace and analyze their appearance in the novel. Are these universal metaphors? Would they be understood in any culture? Are there other metaphors that would portray the same idea? What are they? Why do you think Meyer chooses the metaphors she does?
3. Discuss Meyer's use (or lack ) of literary device (such as foreshadowing, clifthangers, deux ex machina, etc...), and how they add or detract from the story. Does Meyer use too many or too little literary techniques? State which of the five major elements of fiction the literary device is related to (style, character, plot, setting, theme).
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)