|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Patrick always go to Mulvey's?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
2. What frightens Patrick about Vernon in Chapter 35?
(a) He fears Vernon will be like Silky String.
(b) He fears Vernon will tell the police.
(c) He fears Vernon knows Father Bernard.
(d) He fears Vernon is a member of the IRA.
3. What type of life does Patrick imagine when he was wandering around in Chapter 36?
(a) The life of a politician.
(b) The life of a writer.
(c) The life of a police man.
(d) The life of a rock star.
4. What does Patrick use to prove that Mr. Bergin went insane?
(a) He walks backwards.
(b) He cries at night.
(c) He talks to cows.
(d) He only uses a spoon.
5. In Chapter 53, what does Patrick do on his third night at Mulvey's?
(b) Gets in a fight.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Drinks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick's mother say Patrick must learn to do in Chapter 42?
2. In Chapter 41, whom does Eily ask if she can have her son back?
3. What year is it in Chapter 37?
4. In Chapter 56, where does Patrick search for his mother?
5. Whom does Charlie get married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pat McGrane crosses the border in Chapter 45?
2. How does the Lurex Avenger appear in Chapter 43?
3. How does Patrick confront Father Bernard in Chapter 48?
4. How does Patrick feel about being released from police custody?
5. In Chapter 36, what does Patrick do in West End?
6. What is strange about Patrick's newfound love in Chapter 52?
7. In Chapter 54, what makes Patrick so angry and how does he respond?
8. What happens to Irwin in Chapter 46 after leaving the bar?
9. In Chapter 49, what happens to Mulvey's?
10. What types of things does Patrick describe doing as a prostitute in Chapter 34?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)