|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Patrick thinks about a poem he heard whom read?
(d) Father Bernard.
2. What does Father Bernard believe is missing from his Christmas masses?
3. What happens to Lawrence in Chapter 12?
(a) He is on a television show.
(b) He is taken prisoner of war.
(c) He is killed in the war.
(d) He moves to the United States.
4. Where does Patrick put his short story in Chapter 7?
(a) His father's car door.
(b) His father's mailbox.
(c) A church pew.
(d) The trash.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Charlie read "The Mercy Sound" to?
(a) A trash can.
(b) A horse.
(c) A parking meter.
(d) A telegraph pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Martina pregnant by?
2. What type of accent does the narrator have in Chapter 23?
3. What does Patrick do when he walks around town in Chapter 26?
4. In Chapter 16, who does Patrick remember giving him twenty dollars?
5. How many siblings does Patrick Braden have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Charlie and Patrick discuss glam rock in Chapter 10?
2. What happens during the bombing described in Chapter 23?
3. What nickname does Patrick give Laurence, and where does it come from?
4. Why did Father Bernard lose his passion?
5. In Chapter 26, what does Patrick remember about Terence?
6. What happens when Irwin goes with other IRA members to kill Mr. Anderson?
7. In Chapter 24, what does Patrick begin to do at a hotel in the morning?
8. What is Patrick's short story about in Chapters 7 and 8?
9. How does Patrick meet Mr. Teat?
10. What types of imaginary games does the "Kane Gang" play?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)