|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, why does Charlie argue with Irwin?
(a) Because of his involvement with the IRA.
(b) Because of his anger.
(c) Because of his newspaper articles.
(d) Because of his lack of contact.
2. What does Irwin become in Chapter 7?
(a) A guard.
(b) A marine.
(c) A solider.
(d) A warrior.
3. How does Whiskers respond when she catches Patrick in a dress in Chapter 3?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She kicks him out.
(d) She hugs him.
4. What does Patrick do when he walks around town in Chapter 26?
(a) Begs for money.
(b) Window shops.
(c) Approaches strangers.
(d) Performs in the street.
5. Where does Chapter 28 take place?
6. In Chapter 4, where does Patrick steal the smalls from?
(a) A shopping cart.
(b) A clothesline.
(c) A basket.
(d) A dryer.
7. Why does Patrick not leave Tyreelin?
(a) He gets a phone call from Finn telling him to stay.
(b) He can't afford to move.
(c) He begins a relationship with Jojo.
(d) He receives a letter from a secret admirer.
8. What does Patrick's landlady confide in him in Chapter 25?
(a) That she is broke.
(b) That she killed her son.
(c) That her husband left her.
(d) That she is a prostitute.
9. In Chapter 13, what does Charlie read "The Mercy Sound" to?
(a) A parking meter.
(b) A telegraph pole.
(c) A horse.
(d) A trash can.
10. What does Father Bernard believe is missing from his Christmas masses?
11. What did Patrick's brother bring home from Africa?
(a) Ebony elephants.
(b) Ivory jaguars.
(c) Gold lions.
(d) Silver snakes.
12. What does Patrick refer to his mother's house as?
(a) Rat Trap Mansion.
(b) Mouse House Manor.
(c) Weasel Way.
(d) Garish Gerbil Gangway.
13. What does Patrick steal from Elephants?
(b) Car keys.
(d) Credit card.
14. In Chapter 11, what does Patrick consider doing after the IRA interrogate him?
(a) Joining the IRA.
(b) Leaving Tyreelin.
(c) Reporting Irwin.
(d) Turning in Charlie.
15. In Chapter 25, what does Patrick call his landlady?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick doing in Chapter 3 when Whiskers catches him in a dress?
2. In Patrick's short story, what does his mother prepare for Father Bernard?
3. In Chapter 5, what game is Patrick playing with his friends?
4. In Chapter 17, where does Patrick try to encounter his father?
5. What does Patrick refer to his father as in his short story?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)