|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
2. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
3. What has Kilgore often imagined that he remembers when he sees The Narrator in the lounge?
4. What happens to Dwayne as he remains in the hotel lounge and more central characters arrive?
5. What does Bunny do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
2. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
3. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
4. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
5. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
6. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
7. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
8. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
9. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
10. Why does The Narrator place himself in the hotel lounge scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Breakfast of Champions in literary terms. How does is transcend conventional drama in genre, plot construction, character development, and even narration? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Does Breakfast of Champions have a conclusion? Is it an unfulfilled conclusion? Is there no conclusion at all? Support you answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 22, The Narrator decides to speed up the pace of the narrative. What does he do in order to accomplish this? Does it in any way contradict his previous claim of all characters and details being of equal importance? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)