|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kilgore travel to at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Where does Kilgore live?
3. What does Kilgore refer to mirrors as?
4. Why is Dwayne's wife dead?
5. What is the day on which Kilgore and the driver arrive at the city in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two principle characters of the novel and how are they presented in Chapter 1?
2. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
3. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
4. Why does Kilgore think Americans are greedy?
5. What is the conflict that Dwayne might have with his twin brothers, Lyle and Kyle?
6. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
7. What is Kilgore's reason for accepting the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
8. What is Kilgore's counter argument to the driver's stance on the need for conservation of natural resources?
9. What does Dwayne do in Chapter 4 that alludes to his increasing mental instability?
10. What does Kilgore think about mirrors? What does he think they are?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Kilgore's accepting to speak at the arts festival, despite a desire to remain anonymous in his writing? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How could the Sacred Miracle Cave that Kyle and Lyle Hoover run be a metaphor for Breakfast of Champions? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 22, The Narrator decides to speed up the pace of the narrative. What does he do in order to accomplish this? Does it in any way contradict his previous claim of all characters and details being of equal importance? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,702 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)