|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore bring with him to Midland City?
2. What does The Narrator foreshadow about Dwayne and Kilgore?
3. What is the title of one of Kilkgore's science fiction novels?
4. Why does Wayne Hoobler accost Dwayne at the car dealership?
5. Why does Dwayne ignore Harry after Harry approaches him at the car dealership?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kilgore think about mirrors? What does he think they are?
2. Why does Dwayne think he is hallucinating Wayne when he first meets him?
3. What do the illustrations in Chapter 1 do for the tone of the chapter?
4. What is the plot of the science fiction novel Kilgore comes up with while watching films at the pornography theatre?
5. What are the events given in the quick presentation of the novel?
6. Who sends Kilgore a fan letter and what is the book that the fan praises?
7. What is Kilgore's reason for accepting the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
8. in Chapter 12, what does the driver recognize as a difference between himself and Kilgore?
9. What significance did Kilgore's comment in the police station end up having on the residents of NY?
10. How is the Preface in Breakfast of Champions presented in terms of genre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Kilgore's accepting to speak at the arts festival, despite a desire to remain anonymous in his writing? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Does Breakfast of Champions have a conclusion? Is it an unfulfilled conclusion? Is there no conclusion at all? Support you answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Breakfast of Champions in literary terms. How does is transcend conventional drama in genre, plot construction, character development, and even narration? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)