|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kilgore decide to go to the event in Midland City that he is invited to?
2. What is the name of Dwayne's dog?
3. What does Kilgore discover when he wakes up after walking the streets Chapter 8?
4. What does The Narrator claim the book to be in terms of himself?
5. How old is Kilgore in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kilgore think about mirrors? What does he think they are?
2. How are the relationships between the pets and Kilgore and Dwayne different?
3. What is Kilgore's counter argument to the driver's stance on the need for conservation of natural resources?
4. How does The Narrator's childhood fear of diseases play into the novel?
5. What does Dwayne do in Chapter 4 that alludes to his increasing mental instability?
6. After pondering the question on the bathroom wall, what is Kilgore lead to think about?
7. What is the difference between Dwayne's personal life and business life?
8. In Chapter 10, why does Kilgore have to sit on the floor of the truck he rides in?
9. Who sends Kilgore a fan letter and what is the book that the fan praises?
10. Why is Kilgore reluctant at first to accept the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Kilgore's accepting to speak at the arts festival, despite a desire to remain anonymous in his writing? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Kilgore's comment at the police station being picked up by a newspaper and, thus, causing widespread panic among New Yorkers? What are the circumstances surrounding Kilgore's being at the police station and what are circumstances following afterward, which Kilgore is never even made aware of? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is Wayne looking at the people in the hotel lounge through the kitchen's peephole in Chapter 19 similar to exactly what the reader is doing with Breakfast of Champions? What are the events Wayne is watching? What is their significance? Insignificance? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)