|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits suicide at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who is undergoing a mental collapse at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Kilgore refer to mirrors as?
4. What is the day on which Kilgore and the driver arrive at the city in Chapter 12?
5. Who recommended Kilgore for the event he is asked to attend in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kilgore reluctant at first to accept the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
2. What is Kilgore's reason for accepting the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
3. What is one of the boring topics that Kilgore and the driver talk about when they go through Philadelphia?
4. What does Dwayne do in Chapter 4 that alludes to his increasing mental instability?
5. What is Kilgore's counter argument to the driver's stance on the need for conservation of natural resources?
6. Who asks Kilgore to be a keynote speaker and why?
7. Why does Kilgore think Americans are greedy?
8. Why does Dwayne have to stand in line at his own hotel?
9. In Chapter 10, why does Kilgore have to sit on the floor of the truck he rides in?
10. After pondering the question on the bathroom wall, what is Kilgore lead to think about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Kilgore's accepting to speak at the arts festival, despite a desire to remain anonymous in his writing? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 22, The Narrator decides to speed up the pace of the narrative. What does he do in order to accomplish this? Does it in any way contradict his previous claim of all characters and details being of equal importance? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Does Breakfast of Champions have a conclusion? Is it an unfulfilled conclusion? Is there no conclusion at all? Support you answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)