|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disorder does Dwayne develop as he teeters on the edge of sanity?
2. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
(a) By burning the novel.
(b) By celebrating with the characters.
(c) By writing a new novel.
(d) By freeing all of his characters.
3. What is the book that Kilgore skims through during the drive about?
(a) How people in the future continually try to regain the past.
(b) What is going to happen ten years from now.
(c) A letter from the creator of the universe to the reader.
(d) The meaning of life from different religious viewpoints.
4. What does the person who recognizes Kilgore at the hotel claim he has returned from?
(c) New York City.
(d) A negative life.
5. What error does The Narrator note about Kilgore that he should change, but will not because it would be too complicated?
(a) The trip and its timeline.
(b) Francine's character.
(c) Bunny playing the piano.
(d) Celia's suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Kilgore when he arrives at his destination in Midland City?
2. What is Kilgore reading as he travels in Chapter 16?
3. Who is wearing mirrored sunglasses in the hotel lounge?
4. After reading Kilgore's book, what does Dwayne believe about everyone else?
5. What does Dwayne do in the lobby after assaulting Bunny and before going outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
2. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
3. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
4. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
5. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
6. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of at the end of the novel?
7. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
8. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
9. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
10. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)