|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
(a) It is his favorite novel.
(b) It is one of his novels.
(c) He knows the author who wrote it.
(d) He has read the novel as well.
2. What does Kilgore see that caused the traffic jam he was stuck in?
(a) A car hijacking.
(b) Road work.
(c) A dead cow.
(d) Fatal car crash.
3. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
(b) The Narrator.
4. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
(b) A string quartet.
(c) His family and friends.
5. What is the bad novel the driver tells Kilgore about?
(a) A roulette that determines good art.
(b) An artist that imagines painting, but does not paint.
(c) An art movement that focuses on the mundane.
(d) An artist that cuts off his ear and loses his artistic talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwayne ask Kilgore when he finally walks over to his table after The Narrator speeds up the novel's pace?
2. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
3. What has Kilgore often imagined that he remembers when he sees The Narrator in the lounge?
4. What does Kilgore do when he leaves the hospital?
5. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
2. In Now It Can Be Told, what is the main difference between the creator of the universe and the reader?
3. Why does The Narrator place himself in the hotel lounge scene?
4. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
5. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
6. What is the book, Now It Can Be Told, that Kilgore reads in the car about?
7. What does Dwayne do when he fails to punch Wayne outside of the hotel?
8. What causes Kilgore to get out of the car and start walking toward Midland City and his fateful meeting with Dwayne?
9. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
10. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)