|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
(a) It is one of his novels.
(b) It is his favorite novel.
(c) He has read the novel as well.
(d) He knows the author who wrote it.
2. Who is the 17-year-old waitress that serves Dwayne his hamburger?
(a) Phoebe Hurty.
(b) Patty Keene.
(c) Francine Pefko.
(d) His niece.
3. What does Kilgore wade through at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) A polluted stream.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) Someone's backyard pool.
(d) The Midland City River.
4. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
(c) The Narrator.
5. What do Harry and his wife, Grace, decide to do after he arrives home from work?
(a) Take money from Dwayne and run away.
(b) Liquidate their stocks and move to Maui.
(c) Convince Dwayne to make Harry the manager.
(d) Divorce and go their separate ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dwayne as he remains in the hotel lounge and more central characters arrive?
2. What happens to Bunny while he is playing piano?
3. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
4. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
5. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
2. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
3. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
4. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
5. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
6. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
7. What is the book, Now It Can Be Told, that Kilgore reads in the car about?
8. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
9. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of at the end of the novel?
10. What causes Kilgore to get out of the car and start walking toward Midland City and his fateful meeting with Dwayne?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)