|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunny do for a living?
(a) Police officer.
2. What birthday does The Narrator celebrate at the end of the novel?
(a) His 40th.
(b) His 30th.
(c) His 50th.
(d) His 60th.
3. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
(a) One of Kilgore's manuscripts.
(b) Kilgore's plate of food.
(c) The book, Now It Can Be Told.
(d) Kilgore's drink.
4. What happens to Dwayne as he remains in the hotel lounge and more central characters arrive?
(a) He has an outburst.
(b) He sinks deeper into confusion.
(c) He picks a fight with Kilgore.
(d) He starts to cry.
5. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
(a) It is one of his novels.
(b) He has read the novel as well.
(c) He knows the author who wrote it.
(d) It is his favorite novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
2. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
3. Who is playing music while Dwayne is in the hotel at the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. How did Dwayne respond to what Bunny said at ten years-old?
5. Who are Kyle and Lyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
2. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
3. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
4. What does Dwayne do when he fails to punch Wayne outside of the hotel?
5. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
6. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
7. In Now It Can Be Told, what is the main difference between the creator of the universe and the reader?
8. What is the conflict that Dwayne might have with his twin brothers, Lyle and Kyle?
9. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
10. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)