|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the epilogue, what is Kilgore looking for as he wanders around the local hospital?
(a) The operating room.
(d) The billing office.
2. What birthday does The Narrator celebrate at the end of the novel?
(a) His 40th.
(b) His 60th.
(c) His 30th.
(d) His 50th.
3. What is Kilgore reading as he travels in Chapter 16?
(a) Midland City Magazine.
(b) This Is The Time.
(c) A pornographic magazine.
(d) Now It Can Be Told.
4. Who is wearing mirrored sunglasses in the hotel lounge?
(b) The Narrator.
5. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
(a) A string quartet.
(b) His family and friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
2. What does Kilgore notice about what he is wading through?
3. Where does Kilgore see the coal mining landscape?
4. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about free will?
5. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
2. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
3. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
4. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
5. What causes Kilgore to get out of the car and start walking toward Midland City and his fateful meeting with Dwayne?
6. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
7. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
8. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
9. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
10. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)