|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bunny while he is playing piano?
(a) He gets into a good mood.
(b) He thinks about other songs to play.
(c) He becomes giddy.
(d) He goes into a trance.
2. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
(b) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
(c) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(d) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
3. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
(c) The Narrator.
4. Who is Bunny Hoover?
(a) Dwayne's biological brother.
(b) Dwayne's mother.
(c) Dwayne's cousin.
(d) Dwayne's son.
5. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
(b) The Narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dwayne find in the parking lot when he leaves the hotel after his rampage?
2. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
3. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
4. What do the driver and Kilgore talk about as they travel through the mining town?
5. What error does The Narrator note about Kilgore that he should change, but will not because it would be too complicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
2. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
3. What is the book, Now It Can Be Told, that Kilgore reads in the car about?
4. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
5. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
6. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. What does The Narrator say about himself, Kilgore and Dwayne once they are all in the hotel lounge?
8. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
9. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
10. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)