|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to intervene in Dwayne's beating and also gets a finger bitten off?
(d) The Narrator.
2. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
(a) Throws pieces of trash at the person.
(b) Runs back inside of the hotel.
(c) Lectures on race relations and slavery.
(d) Asks the person for a ride home.
3. Who does Dwayne beat when he reaches the car dealership?
4. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
(b) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
(c) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(d) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
5. In the epilogue, what is Kilgore looking for as he wanders around the local hospital?
(a) The billing office.
(b) The operating room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
2. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
3. What do Kyle and Lyle say is happening at the Sacred Miracle Cave?
4. What can the reader do, according to the literature Kilgore is reading?
5. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
2. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
3. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
4. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
5. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of at the end of the novel?
6. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
7. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
8. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
9. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
10. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)