|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunny do for a living?
(a) Police officer.
2. What does the 17-year-old waitress see Dwayne as?
(a) Love of her life.
(b) Unattractive and unfaithful.
(c) A solution to her financial problems.
(d) A deadbeat.
3. What happens to Bunny while he is playing piano?
(a) He goes into a trance.
(b) He thinks about other songs to play.
(c) He gets into a good mood.
(d) He becomes giddy.
4. Where is Eliot Rosewater at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Landing at the local airport.
(b) Driving away from Midland City.
(c) On a train heading toward Midland City.
(d) Stuck in a traffic jam.
5. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
(a) Throws pieces of trash at the person.
(b) Asks the person for a ride home.
(c) Lectures on race relations and slavery.
(d) Runs back inside of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore wade through at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. After The Narrator decides to do something new with the novel, how does he accomplish this objective?
3. What did Rabo tell the people surrounding him at the piano to make them adore him?
4. What do Harry and his wife, Grace, decide to do after he arrives home from work?
5. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
2. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
3. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
4. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
5. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
6. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
7. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
8. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
9. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
10. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)