|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
(a) By freeing all of his characters.
(b) By celebrating with the characters.
(c) By burning the novel.
(d) By writing a new novel.
2. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
(a) To fill out a server application.
(b) To help wash the dishes.
(c) To look through a peephole.
(d) To leave once he is done eating.
3. Where is Eliot Rosewater at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Stuck in a traffic jam.
(b) Driving away from Midland City.
(c) On a train heading toward Midland City.
(d) Landing at the local airport.
4. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
(a) The book, Now It Can Be Told.
(b) Kilgore's plate of food.
(c) Kilgore's drink.
(d) One of Kilgore's manuscripts.
5. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
(a) Asks the person for a ride home.
(b) Lectures on race relations and slavery.
(c) Runs back inside of the hotel.
(d) Throws pieces of trash at the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene in Dwayne's beating and also gets a finger bitten off?
2. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
3. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about free will?
4. How did Dwayne respond to what Bunny said at ten years-old?
5. What is Harry wearing at the car dealership in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
2. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
3. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
4. What causes Kilgore to get out of the car and start walking toward Midland City and his fateful meeting with Dwayne?
5. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
6. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
7. What does Dwayne do when he fails to punch Wayne outside of the hotel?
8. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
9. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
10. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)