|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bunny Hoover?
(a) Dwayne's son.
(b) Dwayne's biological brother.
(c) Dwayne's cousin.
(d) Dwayne's mother.
2. Who are Kyle and Lyle?
(a) Dwayne's children.
(b) Dwayne's twin brothers.
(c) Dwayne's uncles.
(d) Dwayne's cousins.
3. Who does Dwayne beat when he reaches the car dealership?
4. Who recognizes Kilgore when he arrives at his destination in Midland City?
(a) The desk clerk.
(d) The bellhop.
5. In the epilogue, what is Kilgore looking for as he wanders around the local hospital?
(b) The billing office.
(d) The operating room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dwayne once the police arrive at the scene of the beating?
2. Where does Kilgore walk to after leaving the car and wading through the water?
3. What can the reader do, according to the literature Kilgore is reading?
4. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
5. What birthday does The Narrator celebrate at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
2. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
3. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
4. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
5. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
6. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of at the end of the novel?
7. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
8. What does The Narrator say about himself, Kilgore and Dwayne once they are all in the hotel lounge?
9. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
10. Why does The Narrator place himself in the hotel lounge scene?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)