|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kyle and Lyle say is happening at the Sacred Miracle Cave?
(a) It is filling up with industrial waste.
(b) Kids have been spray painting the cave walls.
(c) It is losing its tourist appeal and making less money.
(d) Too many animals are nesting inside.
2. Who arrives at the scene of Dwayne's beating as an emergency doctor?
(c) The Narrator.
3. Who recognizes Kilgore when he arrives at his destination in Midland City?
(a) The desk clerk.
(c) The bellhop.
4. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
(b) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
(c) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(d) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
5. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
(a) Asks the person for a ride home.
(b) Throws pieces of trash at the person.
(c) Lectures on race relations and slavery.
(d) Runs back inside of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
2. Who is Bunny Hoover?
3. What does Kilgore do when he leaves the hospital?
4. What does Bunny do for a living?
5. After reading Kilgore's book, what does Dwayne believe about everyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
2. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
3. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
4. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
5. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
6. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
7. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
8. What is the book the driver describes having read that Kilgore realizes is one of his own novels about?
9. Why does The Narrator place himself in the hotel lounge scene?
10. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)