|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eliot Rosewater at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) On a train heading toward Midland City.
(b) Driving away from Midland City.
(c) Stuck in a traffic jam.
(d) Landing at the local airport.
2. What has Kilgore often imagined that he remembers when he sees The Narrator in the lounge?
(a) That The Narrator is a character from one of Kilgore's stories.
(b) That he is a character in someone's novel.
(c) That he is the same person as The Narrator.
(d) That whatever Kilgore writes comes true.
3. What does Kilgore do when he is stuck in traffic on the way to Midland City?
(a) Gets out and walks.
(b) Tells the driver to make a u-turn.
(c) Calls home to check his messages.
(d) Honks the horn.
4. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(b) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
(c) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
(d) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
5. What does The Narrator claim to be unaware of in the Epilogue?
(a) Dwayne's whereabouts.
(b) The arts festival's cancellation.
(c) What has happened to Kilgore.
(d) A vicious dog stalking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry infer about Dwayne's ignoring him at the car dealership?
2. What does Wayne do after watching the patrons through the peephole?
3. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
4. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
5. What does Dwayne think about himself after reading Kilgore's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conflict that Dwayne might have with his twin brothers, Lyle and Kyle?
2. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
3. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
5. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
6. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
7. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
8. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
9. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
10. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)