|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore notice about what he is wading through?
(a) It is the result of the Midland City power plant.
(b) It is coming from his house.
(c) It coming from an all natural spring.
(d) It is also flowing to the Sacred Miracle Cave.
2. Where does Kilgore walk to after leaving the car and wading through the water?
(b) The hotel lounge.
(c) The burger restaurant.
(d) The arts festival.
3. What has Rabo just sold to Midland City?
(a) An over-priced painting.
(b) A new space for an exhibition.
(c) His art gallery.
(d) His portfolio of drawings.
4. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
(a) He has read the novel as well.
(b) It is his favorite novel.
(c) It is one of his novels.
(d) He knows the author who wrote it.
5. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
(a) By writing a new novel.
(b) By celebrating with the characters.
(c) By burning the novel.
(d) By freeing all of his characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
2. What did Kyle and Lyle use to get rid of the bubbles in the cave?
3. Who does Dwayne find in the parking lot when he leaves the hotel after his rampage?
4. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
5. Who are Kyle and Lyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of at the end of the novel?
2. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
3. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
4. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
5. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
6. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
7. What does The Narrator say about himself, Kilgore and Dwayne once they are all in the hotel lounge?
8. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
9. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
10. What is the conflict that Dwayne might have with his twin brothers, Lyle and Kyle?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)