|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwayne ask Kilgore when he finally walks over to his table after The Narrator speeds up the novel's pace?
(a) That Kilgore deliver a message to him.
(b) To help him write a story about his life.
(c) To help him with his problems.
(d) That Kilgore leave the lounge right away.
2. What did Kyle and Lyle use to get rid of the bubbles in the cave?
(a) Industrial soap.
(b) A jack hammer.
(d) Their shotguns.
3. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) Dwayne's house.
(d) A motel.
4. What happens to Bunny while he is playing piano?
(a) He gets into a good mood.
(b) He goes into a trance.
(c) He becomes giddy.
(d) He thinks about other songs to play.
5. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about free will?
(a) Only the reader has it.
(b) It is in everyone.
(c) Only the creator possesses it.
(d) It is not what we think it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disorder does Dwayne develop as he teeters on the edge of sanity?
2. What is Kilgore devastated about after being recognized at the hotel?
3. What does Kilgore decide after the driver tells him about the bad novel he has read?
4. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
5. What does The Narrator say about his own mother and Bunny's mother, Celia?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
2. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
3. What does The Narrator make note of in Chapter 17 about his and Bunny's mothers?
4. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
5. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
6. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
7. What is the parallel between Dwayne's irrelevant phrases and the narrative?
8. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
10. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)