|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
(a) Beatrice's comment about Midland City not having notable events.
(b) What Bonnie says when she serves a martini.
(c) The scene The Narrator has created.
(d) Rabo's speech defending his painting.
2. Who sits in the hotel lounge with Dwayne and Bunny, after Dwayne arrives and has a martini?
(d) The Narrator.
3. What do Kyle and Lyle say is happening at the Sacred Miracle Cave?
(a) Kids have been spray painting the cave walls.
(b) Too many animals are nesting inside.
(c) It is losing its tourist appeal and making less money.
(d) It is filling up with industrial waste.
4. What do the driver and Kilgore talk about as they travel through the mining town?
(a) The advancements their generation has made.
(b) The destruction the coal mines are causing.
(c) Local practice of snake handling.
(d) How competitive the coal mining industry is.
5. Who does Dwayne find in the parking lot when he leaves the hotel after his rampage?
(a) The cook.
(d) The Narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who recognizes Kilgore at the hotel claim he has returned from?
2. What is the bad novel the driver tells Kilgore about?
3. Where is Eliot Rosewater at the beginning of Chapter 24?
4. Who founded the coal mining in the place Kilgore drives through?
5. Who arrives at the scene of Dwayne's beating as an emergency doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
2. When Kilgore and Dwayne finally meet as foretold in Chapter 1, what is the cause of their meeting?
3. What does The Narrator say about himself, Kilgore and Dwayne once they are all in the hotel lounge?
4. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
5. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
6. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
7. Why does Patty Keene flirt with Dwayne while she serves him hamburgers?
8. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
9. In Now It Can Be Told, what is the main difference between the creator of the universe and the reader?
10. What does Dwayne do when he fails to punch Wayne outside of the hotel?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)