|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the driver and Kilgore talk about as they travel through the mining town?
(a) Local practice of snake handling.
(b) The advancements their generation has made.
(c) The destruction the coal mines are causing.
(d) How competitive the coal mining industry is.
2. Who is wearing mirrored sunglasses in the hotel lounge?
(b) The Narrator.
3. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
(a) A painter.
(b) A museum curator.
(c) A writer of children's books.
(d) A novelist.
4. What is Kilgore devastated about after being recognized at the hotel?
(a) He does not want to be a writer anymore.
(b) He is not anonymous.
(c) No one else has recognized him.
(d) He is recognized for the wrong thing.
5. What does Francine do with her day after Dwayne leaves the motel?
(a) Catches up on work.
(b) Leaves work early.
(c) Looks for Dwayne.
(d) Quits her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about free will?
2. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
3. What is one of Dwayne's talents that allows him to understand the message Kilgore gives him?
4. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
5. Who invites Wayne into the hotel after noticing that he is loitering?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)