|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Wayne into the hotel after noticing that he is loitering?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The cook.
(d) The Narrator.
2. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
(a) The scene The Narrator has created.
(b) Rabo's speech defending his painting.
(c) What Bonnie says when she serves a martini.
(d) Beatrice's comment about Midland City not having notable events.
3. After The Narrator decides to do something new with the novel, how does he accomplish this objective?
(a) By choosing a new genre.
(b) By changing the tense.
(c) By adding more examinations.
(d) By eliminating irrelevant details.
4. What do Kyle and Lyle say is happening at the Sacred Miracle Cave?
(a) It is losing its tourist appeal and making less money.
(b) Kids have been spray painting the cave walls.
(c) It is filling up with industrial waste.
(d) Too many animals are nesting inside.
5. Who are Kyle and Lyle?
(a) Dwayne's twin brothers.
(b) Dwayne's cousins.
(c) Dwayne's uncles.
(d) Dwayne's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction is Kilgore traveling in at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
3. What happens to Dwayne once the police arrive at the scene of the beating?
4. Who is playing music while Dwayne is in the hotel at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. What can the reader do, according to the literature Kilgore is reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry devastated at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How are Wayne and the reader similar to one another in Chapter 19?
3. What does The Narrator say about himself, Kilgore and Dwayne once they are all in the hotel lounge?
4. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
5. What causes Kilgore to get out of the car and start walking toward Midland City and his fateful meeting with Dwayne?
6. Why does The Narrator place himself in the hotel lounge scene?
7. Why did Dwayne send his son, Bunny, to a military school?
8. What does The Narrator state is the spiritual climax of the novel?
9. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
10. Why does the sight of The Narrator in the hotel Lobby make Kilgore nervous?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)