|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bad novel the driver tells Kilgore about?
(a) An artist that cuts off his ear and loses his artistic talent.
(b) A roulette that determines good art.
(c) An art movement that focuses on the mundane.
(d) An artist that imagines painting, but does not paint.
2. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
(a) The Narrator.
3. What is the book that Kilgore skims through during the drive about?
(a) The meaning of life from different religious viewpoints.
(b) How people in the future continually try to regain the past.
(c) A letter from the creator of the universe to the reader.
(d) What is going to happen ten years from now.
4. What does Kilgore do when he leaves the hospital?
(a) Tries to find Dwayne.
(b) Fills out a report for the police.
(c) Looks for the arts festival.
(d) Tries to contact Eliot.
5. What do Harry and his wife, Grace, decide to do after he arrives home from work?
(a) Convince Dwayne to make Harry the manager.
(b) Divorce and go their separate ways.
(c) Liquidate their stocks and move to Maui.
(d) Take money from Dwayne and run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
2. After The Narrator decides to do something new with the novel, how does he accomplish this objective?
3. What happens to Dwayne as he remains in the hotel lounge and more central characters arrive?
4. What does the person who recognizes Kilgore at the hotel claim he has returned from?
5. After reading Kilgore's book, what does Dwayne believe about everyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Dwayne's house and the stream of pollution that Kilgore wades through?
2. What is the book, Now It Can Be Told, that Kilgore reads in the car about?
3. What is it that The Narrator claims has been stalking him throughout the book?
4. What does Grace, Harry's wife, tell Harry he should do regarding his job at Dwayne's dealership?
5. What is the conflict that Dwayne might have with his twin brothers, Lyle and Kyle?
6. What is one of the events in the novel that The Narrator believes he could have done differently?
7. Why does Bunny not fight back when his father, Dwayne, assaults him in the hotel lounge?
8. What does Dwayne do to Francine on his violent rampage?
9. What do Kilgore and the driver drive by in West Virginia and who was it founded by?
10. In Chapter 20, what does the desk clerk at the hotel say to Kilgore about his work?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)